Shirleygames
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

It's just a game

[Post New]by Shirleygames on Jul 28, 14 1:28 PM
I enjoy reading and participating in the forum. I was overwhelmed with the response to my original "Seniors" post. Then I started to feel somehow inadequate with all the posts of pets, and hundreds of thousands of gold coins. I play MC maybe an hour or so in the morning and again in the afternoon. There are some days when I don't play at all when my life is busy elsewhere. I am on level 31 presently.

I only have 3 pets the Floppy Eared Puppy (which is much like my own dog) the Winged Cat (mine doesn't have wings but is just as cute). The most coins I think I have ever accumulated is 15000.00 hence no way to afford 50K for some of the pets I guess I should either sell or gift a couple of eggs I have in my inventory as I doubt I will ever craft another pet and will never get even one gold chest.

I think I am doing well if I can complete a HOS in under a minute so I guess I will always be number 6.

I have several friends and try to gift as much as I am allowed to (add my voice to those who say we should be able to gift more than 5 per day) and thank all my friends who gift me.

I was really starting to beat myself up because of all the accomplishments I read about other players. Then I realized IT IS ONLY A GAME which I truly enjoy. It is not life changing and gives my pleasure as I limp along at my own pace.

kahlan11
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
466 Posts

Re:It's just a game

[Post New]by kahlan11 on Jul 28, 14 1:38 PM
Just popping in to say I am in that zone too. I play other BF games in between times (after making meals, washing clothes, etc.) and still will post the odd time in this forum. It is only a game and I am still enjoying playing and can't wait for next update and hope gifting will change up from the 5.

Nice talking to you.

50MAD
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by 50MAD on Jul 28, 14 1:38 PM
You are so right!!! I have been playing on level 24 for some time now. Mostly because I want to craft so I can hatch my other pets but also because I needed to do things in my garden. I enjoy going slow and don't understand why everyone needs to rush to level 34 just to wait for the next update. I would like to see the new scenes too but I don't mind waiting a bit. Maybe that is why I am still enjoying this game.

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Jul 28, 14 1:44 PM
Hey Shirleygames, you are obviously the brains of the outfit the seniors thread was a fantastic thread for people getting to know who others were and relishing the fact we were amongst people our own age and not just an old geek who happens to enjoy games

Don't beat yourself up about where you are in the game, we all go at our own pace with the time we have available to us, just enjoy playing. In six months time there will be others reading your posts and wishing they were as far along as you, remember we've all been there

As for pets, I only have seven pets and my most up to date pet is the Tutrtle, I have gifted the Snail, Panda Hippo etc simply because i'm happy with the pets I do have and really don't want any more that will compete with the one's I already have for food, so don't feel bad and save your eggs as there will come a time when you have enough medallions and coins to hatch them.

WeeSam
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by WeeSam on Jul 28, 14 2:37 PM
I like your attitude, and I agree, it is only a game. So many people seem to be so caught up in the need to get to the end as quickly as possible that they don't have any enjoyment in playing anymore. I started out that way, but I have mellowed and am just enjoying the ride now.

I am at level 31 and seem to have been there a long time. With over 1000 experience points still needed, I quess I will be there a while longer too! But it doesn't matter. I go into the game every day, at least once, but if I don't feel like playing HOS, or have other things to do, then I don't do more than spin the wheel, send the airship and give out a few gifts. When I do feel like it and have the time I do a few rounds of the castle, maybe complete a quest. Slowly but surely will get me there.

However, I do love the pets. I am a pet-aholic. I want all the pets. I only need to get the squirrel and the pegasus and I have the complete set. I do have the pegasus egg but I can't quite bring myself to commit to the 50,000 coins required to craft it. I think I may actually be playing the game for the pets, rather than for the quests and the ultimate goal.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 28, 14 3:54 PM
I also would beat myself up when reading about other people's progress with achievements, amassing coins, inventory, goals while waiting for the update, etc

I had reached the point where I would open a hidden object scene, find an object or two, and then close the scene because I just couldn't stand playing it one more time. Then I would berate myself for not playing it and allowing myself to fall further behind.

Once I stopped pushing myself to catch up with people who started playing months before me, the game became fun again.

Now I play only the scenes I want to and as many as I want to. I have a vague idea what I need for a quest but don't fixate on it. And whatever I get from a hidden object scene, I find something good to think about it. Maybe I need it for a quest, or a daily quest, or it's something one of my friends wants. I'm even pleased to see a harpy feather because I can sell it for coins.

I no longer start at one end of the castle and play the scenes in each area in order. Skipping around may take longer, but it no longer feels like I'm working on an assembly line or playing on auto pilot.

I can't believe how much more relaxed and happy I am since I gave myself an attitude adjustment.

memagirl
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by memagirl on Jul 29, 14 7:09 AM
Shirleygames I am on level 34 for 2 reasons. When I can't sleep at night I play this game and others, so when a update comes out I usely have most of the things to complete the quest. I also like to give as many high end gifts that i can to help others.
I don't care if I'm last in top list only in 6th. place because thats the way the game is.

happy gaming Etta

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Jul 29, 14 7:26 AM
TiramaSue wrote:I also would beat myself up when reading about other people's progress with achievements, amassing coins, inventory, goals while waiting for the update, etc

I had reached the point where I would open a hidden object scene, find an object or two, and then close the scene because I just couldn't stand playing it one more time. Then I would berate myself for not playing it and allowing myself to fall further behind.

Once I stopped pushing myself to catch up with people who started playing months before me, the game became fun again.

Now I play only the scenes I want to and as many as I want to. I have a vague idea what I need for a quest but don't fixate on it. And whatever I get from a hidden object scene, I find something good to think about it. Maybe I need it for a quest, or a daily quest, or it's something one of my friends wants. I'm even pleased to see a harpy feather because I can sell it for coins.

I no longer start at one end of the castle and play the scenes in each area in order. Skipping around may take longer, but it no longer feels like I'm working on an assembly line or playing on auto pilot.

I can't believe how much more relaxed and happy I am since I gave myself an attitude adjustment.

That's how i'm feeling at the moment Tirama Sue, I literally can't face doing the HOS's, I go into a scene and think *NO* I just can't bear the thought of doing it and then beat myself up about it, i've got HOS fatigue and taking a few days off doing them in the hope that I will renew my zest for the game (or maybe not)

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 29, 14 8:15 AM
(((((guppies56)))))

Take some time away from the game to be good to yourself. Maybe there are other free to play games that you like?

I'm playing Awakening Kingdom in a very relaxed manner. I had lost my original game, so I had to start over. So of course, I can't catch up to everybody else, it's physically impossible. But that's good because I'm going to be behind my friends, what difference does it make how far behind I am? So I just play until my energy meter is empty, then set the game aside. No frantic playing of mini games to earn coins to buy food to play more HO's to get mini game resources to start the cycle over again.

The Edgar Allan Poe FTP game is officially released. Have you tried that?

Maybe you need a total break from all computer games for a short while. Think about what you loved to do before MC was released. Read a book? Watch a movie? Go to the beach? Take a long relaxing bubble bath? Doesn't matter what it is as long as it's for you, because you're a good person regardless of how fast ot how slow you progress with MC and you deserve to treat yourself well.

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Jul 29, 14 8:53 AM
Hi Shirleygames I sure appreciate your post! It made me think of different ways of playing and all the different players playing perhaps some have a more A type personality and are real go-get-ers and are accomplishment oriented. This makes them happy and it is how they enjoy the game. and others may be more B type personality, a more go with the flow and like to savor the game, this makes them happy. So Both ways to play are the right way

There were times I felt like I should push myself more and do all the HOS every time and try for the daily quest as well, but in reading your post and others on different threads about daily quests and other things like people getting the game burn out (and I really do not want to get burn out, I love this game and I love the social community!)) I realize that I am happier being more relaxed about the game. I only do all the HOS if I want to, usually this is once or twice a day and it's also fun for me knowing I am collecting these objects as gifts for my friends!
I only do the Daily if it is the 3 parter, or if it fits in with a quest I will do part of a longer one. I do like getting the pet medals as i love all animals and love the pet part of the game! so far I have the snow griffin, the phoenix which I sold everything including the kitchen sink to get the coins needed lol, the manticore, the dragon and the Piggy. I was holding off on hatching the Parrot that a dear friend gifted me thinking Oh Gee I needed to save all resources and all coins because of the horror stories about the new update but then I thought nahhh I really want the cute Parrot now so instead of worrying about the future levels(since I am just on level 22) I will just hatch her now! And I am so glad I did!
I also only have around 15K in the game, I don't see how I will earn more for the future levels, but I am not going to make the game a job. I am trying to retire in real life so why on earth would I want another job!
The game is so much more fun to just do what you want
Thank you again Shirleygames for posting your thoughts, it helped me and I am sure it will help others!

Go to: