leslieb
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Lost Everything

[Post New]by leslieb on Jul 28, 14 3:28 PM
I have been playing Midnight Castle, Found, Antique Dreaming etc for a while now and have spent quite a bit of money on coins, diamonds etc and when my pc crashed and I had to reinstall the games I had been taken back to the beginning of each game.
If these are online games why isn't my game progress kept on a Big Fish Server or something. I am not willing to spend another fortune on trying to get back to the levels of where I was...

Very frustrating and extremely annoyed...

playerpop
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

Re:Lost Everything

[Post New]by playerpop on Jul 28, 14 3:38 PM
Have you tried tech?

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Jul 28, 14 3:38 PM
All the games you listed use your hard drive to store a game save on your computer. If you have your friend codes might be able be able to restore your games. If you have codes, contact tech support to see if they can help you.

leslieb
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by leslieb on Jul 28, 14 3:47 PM
tazruby2000 wrote:All the games you listed use your hard drive to store a game save on your computer. If you have your friend codes might be able be able to restore your games. If you have codes, contact tech support to see if they can help you.

No I haven't tried tech yet, and wouldn't my friends codes be stored in my game that is lost. Do you know another way to find them...

My son is the gaming expert and unfortunately for Mum is out of the country...

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jul 28, 14 4:02 PM
that is heartbreaking, leslieb.

I hope something can be done and I agree that BFG should have a way to save our game progress rather than depending on us to do it ourselves manually.
Awakening Kingdoms has such a feature.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 28, 14 4:11 PM
You didn't mention, do you still have that computer? If so, can you boot it up and get at your hard drive? If so, you may be able to salvage the data there, as long as your drive wasn't erased in reinstalling things.
Rose

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Jul 28, 14 4:17 PM
I only play Midnight Castle out of all the game you listed so not sure on the others. You can do a name search by going into the game, go to the friend icon and do a search ADD FRIEND. Type the user name you used and it should bring up your name and also your friend code. This will get your friend code for this game, it may work in the other but not sure.

Edited on 07/28/2014 at 4:17:37 PM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 28, 14 4:19 PM
BF does save your game progress but the thing that identifies it as yours is your social code.

The Antique game and Awakening Kingdom allow you to save to cloud and you choose a log on name (your e-mail) and a password. This allow you to transfer the game to any computer, which is great should your computer die.

Maybe one of leslieb's MC friends can tell her what her social code is. Or if leslieb tells us what her game name is, maybe we can find her social code.

The BoomZap people are very helpful and perhaps an e-mail to Monika (via BoomZaps forums, easily found using google) might result in good news. Maybe BoomZap can find the game with just the player name, since player names need to be unique in ART and AK.

Go to: