bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

TGT 29 July?

[Post New]by bribling on Jul 29, 14 12:16 AM
Why is this the TGT today when it was obviously released at least 5 days or more ago? Just curious. I always expect a "New" game each day.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

Re:TGT 29 July?

[Post New]by Bpup on Jul 29, 14 1:31 AM
Looks like they pulled it out of the line-up due to multiple technical problems. I don't even remember seeing it listed on the earlier release date, so I must have checked the main BFG page after it was pulled and replaced with a different game offer.

They've already done this type of thing in the past, when initial reports from players indicate some severe problems.

So they allow themselves to re-offer it as a TGT when the fixed version is released into circulation, et voilà, a new game!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 29, 14 1:35 AM
BF always adds a newly released finished version as TGT, so that everyone is made aware of it. But at the same time we also get another game. If you look at the top right-hand side, you will see that today's game is called: Witchcraft: The Lotus Elixir.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Jul 29, 14 3:58 AM
Ha - I remember when BFG assured us that they would never offer a FTP game as TGT. So much for that promise! Super-excited to see a new Edgar Allan Poe game and super-disappointed to find it's FTP. For those who enjoy this type of thing have fun. I only hope this is not the direction this particular series is going in. Hopefully tomorrow will bring a game that really is "new" and not just "re-worked".

[Post New]by lovethemopals on Jul 29, 14 5:51 AM
Which page are you looking at to see Witchcraft: The Lotus Elixir. I don't see it.
Thanks.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jul 29, 14 6:20 AM
Thanks, I did notice that the "fixed" version was released a few days ago.

I wish this were a regular game. I would probably buy it as I love these Poe games. I just am not going to get a FTP and end up paying and paying and paying if I like it. There have been a few FTPs that I would love to play but am just not doing it. I already play a "FREE" game at FB and that's only because I am playing with old friends from the Pond, Faunasphere and Glitch. I can play that without paying and not run out of energy or miss anything and we do have a social element with Gifting. I did try My Singing Monsters and it is wonderfully cute and fun but I just am not going to pay to continue with it.

BTW, the Witch game is an extra "soft" release for today and is over on the left below Today's Game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 29, 14 6:30 AM
lovethemopals wrote:Which page are you looking at to see Witchcraft: The Lotus Elixir. I don't see it.
Thanks.

When you are in this forum, look at the top right-hand side, where it says: "Find your game forum". Just underneath is the name of the game, which is just below "Newest Forum".

Oh, and just click on the game title to get to that forum.

Edited on 07/29/2014 at 6:31:17 AM PST

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Jul 29, 14 7:31 AM
I think this is the first time I'm posting in a FTP forum and hopefully the last. I just feel the need to say a few things.

Since BF started to offer these games, I've seen all kinds of comments in various forums and threads about them and BF of course - glowing, derogatory, controversial comments, everything! I've seen players saying that you can play these games without having to spend a single penny and others insisting that you have to spend money in order to advance... Well, I have no idea where the truth lies and I don't care! If BF considers offering these games is the right thing for the company's welfare (and just a look at the crowded FTP forums, that resemble what used to be CCC in so many ways, shows it is right for them indeed) I'm ok with it. If someone is "offering" something to you, it doesn't mean you are bound to take it. I'm also ok with the TGT issue since we do have a new game today, as another user pointed out. Maybe not as a TGT but it still is a new game today!

My only concern is the future of casual games which I love and have been playing, and paying for them of course, for nearly 4 years. I don't know how many BF games I own anymore because I can't count them without getting confused. (I'm also concerned about the safety of my purchased games but that's a different issue). Seeing another developer joining the FTP club today makes me wonder if a time comes or, more properly, how far is the time when the majority, if not all, of the casual games which will be offered then will be in this particular form... Not exactly a nice perspective in my personal opinion.

So far, I have resisted this trend and I'm planning to keep it this way - not that I was ever interested in it really but the "temptation" was there and it will be for a long time undoubtedly. It is a matter of choice. I choose to pay for each game I buy... lump sum!

Edited on 07/30/2014 at 5:25:27 AM PST

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jul 29, 14 8:40 AM
I received an email a few days ago offering an opportunity to play Nightfall before its official release, like a beta test. As issues popped up, the devs were pretty quick to issue a fix.

I am currently at level 16 and I have yet to spend any real money to play the game. Your energy is full at 220. One energy replenishes every 3 minutes, or you can use coins that you earn for completing tasks to buy things to replenish energy Most tasks take 20 to 30 energy each. You also earn gems by completing tasks, earning achievements (like completing 100 hidden object scenes), and leveling up. Gems can be used to buy hints, and buy clothes to dress your character up (an aspect that I don't care to do).

I generally don't play FTP games for the specific reason of having to pay real money in order to advance. However, this does not seem to be the case so far with Nightfall, and I am enjoying the storyline.

[Post New]by firepolishedAB on Jul 29, 14 9:17 AM
Like abarrett I too received an email,can't remember when exactly to play
this game,which I believed was in beta.So releasing today I didn't think
unusual as its running smoother now.Probably considered 'ready for prime time'.

So far the only amount I have spent is $2.09 for the starter pack...which
probably didn't need as I think this game is quite easy to accumulate
the coins and diamonds without spending real money.

Capturing the badies is even doable without spending the 1500 coins if you
accept the quest,then start loonking for the cage or sarcophagus or whatever
in your available HOS- you just have to plan ahead.

All in all I think this FTP is so far fairer than some I have played.
Was wondering how much the devs have actually written.

fire

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jul 29, 14 10:28 AM
I do think that FTP may be a good thing for BFG. Many people play similar games on other sites, "Free" games are fairly popular and several Devs had made millions with them.

Casual games will probably continue for quite a while but they are not what they used to be. That may be because I play too many of them

Tablets are the rage right now and a lot of development is going into apps for them. Along with that are FTP games. BFG has an app for tablets and phones and their FTP games should play well on them and hopefully will be a big success for them.

I prefer social games where I can actually play along with my Friends, do Quests together, etc. I loved the Chat system in Glitch because we could chat for hours while playing together at the same time. I have not seen another game with such a great social network. I keep hoping that some Dev will add a similar system to their social games or that Slack might sell this great feature to game Devs. BFG's Chat system in Faunasphere was nearly as good. With more and more "Free" games in development, I look forward to some that also include a really good social feature.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jul 29, 14 11:29 AM
Hi bribling and Everyone,

Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery had a soft release on our site a few weeks ago. This is common with free-to-play games in an effort to work out any kinks in the server end before the official release. In fact, a patch for the game was released based on the input of early players.

Also, whenever a free-to-play game is offered as Tomorrow's Game Today, it will always be accompanied with the release of a premium game. As Valdy mentioned, today's premium games are Witchcraft: The Lotus Elixir and Village Quest.

You can find all the current releases for each day by clicking the link below:

New PC Game Releases

I hope this helps to clear things up!

bfgWendwater

ibn1984
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by ibn1984 on Jul 29, 14 11:44 AM
Today's New Release is also TGT? So is this game going to be July 30, new release too? I'm anxious to see what tomorrow's new release will be.

Edited on 07/29/2014 at 11:51:12 AM PST

[Post New]by AverageSizeFish on Jul 29, 14 3:04 PM
I'm just curious as to why some of the reviews for this game were removed from the game download site. I saw that at least 4 people had given the game a 2 rating but now only two posts with a rating of 2 remain. This seems at odds with the assertion that Big Fish is complying with the the Bazaarvoice Authenticity Policy, that states, in part,

"Reviews are not altered in any way by anyone other than the original author — including corrections for spelling or grammar. Reviews are not filtered, edited, or deleted simply because they are negative or are lower rated."

One of the deleted posts was titled something like 'Free to play isn't really free to play' or close to that. Another complained that the game seemed to require money in order to continue. These are both gone now.

The the Bazaarvoice Authenticity Policy seems targeted at insuring there isn't spam in a thread...not insuring that every post gives a good rating or an endorsement of a game or game style. I'm wondering if anyone here knows why review posts were removed from the main site?

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Jul 29, 14 5:32 PM
I generally avoid F2P games as I do not want to pay money either. But this is so beautifully drawn and the story line and characters are cute, if nothing else. I can't recall if I bought the starter pack but I suppose I must have as it's not still sitting there. In addition, I think I have spent a little over $6.00 to help me advance.

I am on level 23 and the locations begin to cost more, they are now 30 and 35. I get 340 ergs of energy when it gets refilled and it goes up 20 ergs each day. It is repetitive and frustrating and my one wish is that a new location would open soon! My last one last week was "The Rich House" but I think there are at least 3 others.

On my Achievements score card I have 100% on most things, am refusing to dress the secretary or the office. Things that belong in a collection were offered one after the other the other day, so I have 3 collections, but that ended.

So I will see how much longer I can hold out. I am going out of state for a week next week and not taking my laptop. Maybe that time away from it will break me of the habit and cause me to delete the game! Which I would hate to do....

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 29, 14 6:36 PM
firepolishedAB wrote:Like abarrett I too received an email,can't remember when exactly to play this game,which I believed was in beta.So releasing today I didn't think unusual as its running smoother now.Probably considered 'ready for prime time'.

So far the only amount I have spent is $2.09 for the starter pack... which probably didn't need as I think this game is quite easy to accumulate the coins and diamonds without spending real money.

Capturing the badies is even doable without spending the 1500 coins if you accept the quest,then start loonking for the cage or sarcophagus or whatever in your available HOS- you just have to plan ahead.

All in all I think this FTP is so far fairer than some I have played.
Was wondering how much the devs have actually written.

fire

Oh blast... and here I was spending 1500 gold coins for each items to demolish those creatures. LOL Thanks very much for pointing that out, fire. I didn't even think of looking through the HOS to find one of those cages, etc.

[Post New]by firepolishedAB on Jul 30, 14 2:32 PM
Lols Valdy ......you are very welcome.

I guess playing too much AK taught me to look see what I could pick up in the scenes.
Seriously though - that darn 1500 coins starts to add up in a negative way REAL
fast.

fire

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 30, 14 8:04 PM
That is very true. And I always pay 200 gold for the tornado to go away, because I found out that tornedo makes the HOS timed - the timer goes backwards instead of forward - so I don't do tornedos.

So that on top of paying 1500 gold for cages and such always keeps my purse near empty. *sigh*

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Jul 30, 14 9:38 PM
I have found the tornado option not that bad. Usually I have a lot of time left over. Only missed it once and that was in a scene I wasn't familiar with.

I really don't mind where the new game of the day is whether listed under TGT or as a soft release. Although I have to agree I do remember them saying the F2P games would not be listed as TGT. ....then again they also said Collector Editions would be few and far between so go figure.

I am really liking this game. I play 5 different F2P on my desktop and 4 on FB. Only one of them have I ever spent money on.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Aug 14, 14 8:42 AM
Hey AverageSizeFish

That's definitely a great question. We do allow negative reviews, since we want a balanced rating for all of our games.

However, when a review is based on the mechanics of the game, such as the game being Free to Play, instead of the game itself, these reviews are not published. This is the same thing we would do for anyone posting a review on their like or dislike of Time Management style games or Hidden Object style games.

We want the reviews to be about the games, and not the genres. By filtering out reviews based on the game mechanics of Free to Play games, we ensure the reviews are constructive in relation to the game, and are only about the game.

If there are any questions, please feel free to PM one of the Mods

bfgVaiya

Go to: