catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witchcraft: The Lotus Elixir here

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Jul 29, 14 1:15 AM
Here's a thread for any tech issues you may have.

(Please DO NOT message me with any problems you're having. I WILL NOT be able to help you!)

Edited on 07/29/2014 at 6:23:19 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witchcraft: The Lotus Elixir here

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Jul 29, 14 2:08 AM
Game downloaded fine but when I go to play the game only about a quarter of the game is visible on the right hand side. Because of this I have to Ctrl/Alt/Del to get out of game. Tried 3 or 4 times and it's the same each time, so no buy for me.

Fiobo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Fiobo on Jul 29, 14 2:57 AM
This game won't even load. Every time I try, I just get told that witchcraft.exe has stopped working.

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Jul 29, 14 3:13 AM
elvenstardragon wrote:Game downloaded fine but when I go to play the game only about a quarter of the game is visible on the right hand side. Because of this I have to Ctrl/Alt/Del to get out of game. Tried 3 or 4 times and it's the same each time, so no buy for me.

Same thing happens to me!

Edited on 07/29/2014 at 3:14:04 AM PST

[Post New]by behavorial on Jul 29, 14 3:49 AM
when i go to play it says witchcraft.exe has stopped working. Why? Help!!!!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jul 29, 14 5:11 AM
Same here. Downloaded fine, now the exe. stopped working. I had been looking forward to a new game, but I guess it is not to be.

Sheila155
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Sheila155 on Jul 29, 14 5:44 AM
I can't play this game at all. When I click on the PLAY button I can hear that the game has been selected, but it doesn't even try to load. No error message--nothing!

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling to no avail. I have also restarted my computer in case there was something going on that was affecting it.

I have a desktop PC with windows XP.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jul 29, 14 6:21 AM
Hey there Everyone,

I'm really sorry to see several of you are having trouble with the game crashing or not launching! That's definitely not fun to experience.

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

Fiobo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Fiobo on Jul 29, 14 6:44 AM
Thing is, I'm not about to alter anything on my computer for the sake of one game I'm just trying out, when every other game I've tested or bought is absolutely fine.

I expect a game to load on launch, when it doesn't I'll mention it.

If it was happening with everything, then of course I'd have to check my settings.

The problem is theirs, not mine, let them sort it out

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Jul 29, 14 7:37 AM
elvenstardragon wrote:Game downloaded fine but when I go to play the game only about a quarter of the game is visible on the right hand side. Because of this I have to Ctrl/Alt/Del to get out of game. Tried 3 or 4 times and it's the same each time, so no buy for me.

Same thing happened to me!

Maryish
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Maryish on Jul 29, 14 8:05 AM
Fiobo wrote:This game won't even load. Every time I try, I just get told that witchcraft.exe has stopped working.

I'm having the same thing happen to me how frustrating.

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Jul 29, 14 2:49 PM
Fiobo wrote:This game won't even load. Every time I try, I just get told that witchcraft.exe has stopped working.

Same here. And I did, as I always do, check what I have against the listed requirements, and I should be fine. I see one fishie has Windows XP - well, I have Windows 7 (32 bit on this machine.) And too much else to do to pursue it.

moondances
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by moondances on Jul 29, 14 6:35 PM
My cursor only moves on the top 1/2 of screen and there is no start/options/etc to select-To exit, I had to cntrl/alt/delete-I can usually play games that others have a problem with so this must be really bad-Plz fix this-TY

anitra3
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by anitra3 on Jul 30, 14 3:39 AM
moondances wrote:My cursor only moves on the top 1/2 of screen and there is no start/options/etc to select-To exit, I had to cntrl/alt/delete-I can usually play games that others have a problem with so this must be really bad-Plz fix this-TY

same problem here!!!
(tried removing and reinstalling but same thing happens again!)

Gisellesc60
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Gisellesc60 on Jul 30, 14 10:07 AM
Game downloaded fine but only 1/4 of the screen shows. I have unistalled and re installed still the problem continues

mlc9
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mlc9 on Jul 30, 14 1:52 PM
The game runs just fine but it does not display the full screen. I can only see about 70% of the display.

molly539
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by molly539 on Jul 30, 14 8:27 PM
crypsynight wrote:

Same thing happened to me!

Same thing with me too. Shame since it looks like it might be an interesting game.

btshack4
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by btshack4 on Jul 30, 14 11:09 PM
Downloaded it. Game manager turned into a gray box. con-alt-del it, restarted it and it told me my trial had expired. No buy here either.

[Post New]by kjuly2000 on Jul 31, 14 11:29 AM
I had the same problem with the screen only showing about 1/4 of the game screen. I am running windows 7.

I resolved the issue by changing my desktop screen resolution.

For my setup, I usually run 1280x720, as recommended for my monitor and graphics card pair.

I changed my screen resolution to the max (for me) of 1920x1080. Now it works for me. When I entered the game, it showed the game only in the center of my screen, so in the game's Options, I unchecked the "Screen Ratio" button and it stretched to fill the screen. If you don't care, leave the ration alone.

Of course, you have to put your resolution back to whatever you want because leaving the game will not revert the resolution to your usual, preferred setting. Therefore, before changing your resolution, you might wish to make note of what it is set to before changing it so you can put it back.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Aug 1, 14 11:18 AM
Hi All,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues with the game.

For those of you having problems with the game's display not functioning properly, we have some great troubleshoot tips in the link below:

Screen Resolution

If you are getting the witchcraft.exe has stopped working error, I definitely suggest trying to uninstall and reinstall the game. This will make sure all the correct files have loaded onto your computer.

If you are still having either of these problems, please contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps will look further into this.

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

Go to: