bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Northern Tale 4

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 30, 14 12:29 AM
Ragnar's kingdom is in danger again! A huge army of black knights, witches and giants approaches his lands corrupting everything in its path. Ragnar calls his friends to arms and moves out to fight the evil to end this struggle once and for all.

The 4th installment of your favorite resource-management series awaits! Fight evil to restore peace to Ragnar's kingdom!

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

Re:Northern Tale 4

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jul 30, 14 1:42 AM
Oh goodness, what an unexpected treat!

Ah well... I have things that need to be done, but I guess they can wait a little while longer.

I'm just popping out to the garage to rifle through my old rusty axes, most of which are blunt and will probably need to be sharpened using one of a couple of dozen grindstones I've found in HOPAs lately to ensure my ' Axe is razor sharp ', or is that one of the other Viking series? I get confuddled.

I know I'll love this one without even thinking. A great one to spend a PCC on for me!

Enjoy everyone.

mooskilady
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by mooskilady on Jul 30, 14 4:09 AM
Same here. I don't know why I have so much trouble keeping this one apart from others I have played but it seems to blend closely with another. Still I jumped right on it without a second thought! Love the Viking games and so far it is not disappointing! What a wonderful way to spend my time before work!

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jul 30, 14 5:05 AM
I know what you mean, mooskilady. For some reason, the Viking games do tend to blend into one another. For once, I remembered correctly. This is the one with "My Axe Is Razor Sharp".

Also, the "I Know, I Know" has me in stitches because I answer back "He Knows... He Knows" - anyone who has seen the Airplane movies will know about that one. Yeah, I'm feeling a bit silly today LOL.

I'm only on level 5 and playing on Multiclick. It's getting challenging already. I think they upped things with this one. It seems that unless you plan everything right down to the 'T' you'll run out of time. There is a relaxed / no time mode, though.

I'm loving it so far. It's the same and yet... not. I won't do any spoilers. I think fans of this series will love this one. I won't do a review until I'm done... so that may be in a couple of months judging the challenge this one is putting out there... or perhaps my brain is melting!!

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Jul 30, 14 6:18 AM
Agreed - lots more challenging than NT3, which is a very good thing and I'm only up to Level 9 - having to replay most levels to work out the best strategies and especially which Bonuses to use.

Loralia
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Loralia on Jul 30, 14 7:46 AM
Was I delighted to see this! I was wishing for another game and when I came onto Bigfish, here it was! Treat indeed. I love this series and it definitely never disappoints. It's one I would get without even trying it first.

I highly recommend using the tips, at least at first. I turned mine off and had to go back and turn them back on as they've added a few new wrinkles. I'm still early in the game but I already know I am buying it and they just happen to have a half-price sale today. Double treat! Anyway, Northern Tale lovers, this one is really good. Yes, a bit of same old-same old but lots of new things and they definitely upped the playing level.

Great way to start the day!

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Jul 30, 14 8:32 AM
So happy to see this release!

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Jul 30, 14 12:39 PM
Excited to see this one, my all-time favorite TM series. Looking forward to spending some quality time with Ragnar & Co. Also glad they continue to offer the 'untimed' option, it allows me to enjoy the game without worrying about running out of time! This makes up for my disappointment from yesterdays' game.......

[Post New]by Idahonative on Jul 30, 14 4:45 PM
Excited to see this game! Not so excited that it won't download for me. And yes, I posted the problem tech issues already.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jul 30, 14 9:48 PM
Together We Are Strong!

oh, wait....I think that might be the OTHER GAME.

Still, both are excellent games, with good art work, good stories with engaging characters.....and most important to me, in a TM game, you can play in untimed, relaxed mode!
Oh yes!

I am not going to pick this up until I finish Northern Tale 3 and whichever number of Viking Saga I am on......because it will just confuse me all the more....but so happy to see the franchise continues....and that the Dragon is back!

Now, I wonder what Rollo will get up to this time?

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jul 31, 14 11:35 AM
I agree, Tookat. I also love that other game series. Too right - Together We Are Strong!

I have to say that Northern Tale 4 is one hilarious game! I'm so tempted to say something, but I'll be good and not do any spoilers. I have laughed a lot, especially at the 'creature' we need someone called Gillman to remove because he's the only one who can deal with them.

I actually had to Google just to see if there was another definition of this 'creature' I was not aware of. There isn't. And, oh boy, some of the awards! I am apparently a 'Beginner Boozer' . By the time I've finished I'll probably be a 'Professional Drunk' ROFL.

This game is way too much fun. I can't leave it alone!

pusskat
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by pusskat on Aug 10, 14 4:23 PM
This game is absolutely my favourite out of all the other 3. It is much more challenging, and a whole lot of fun too.

I am eagerly awaiting more of this series, hopefully?

No jobs get done around the house, as this is so addictive!

Bring it on Big Fish.........

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Aug 31, 14 8:16 AM
Now that I am finally playing this....
all I can say is "wow!"
They really stepped up to the plate with this one.....
new art work.
harder to find Hamsters.....
harder to find Thor's Hammer
all the items we have to look for!!!
A tavern....
Gillman!
Undersea adventures!
(Oh, I love the whale songs!)
This one is the best Northern Tale yet.

Now, on to figuring out which bells to ring where
and which windows to knock
to poke barking dogs and moo cows
Yay!

On to more adventure with Ragnar and Rolo!

Go to: