catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Northern Tale 4 here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Jul 30, 14 1:43 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have.

(Please DO NOT message me with any of your problems. I CANNOT help!)

Edited on 07/30/2014 at 5:42:20 AM PST

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Northern Tale 4 here!

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Jul 30, 14 3:48 AM

Game is too big for my screen. Only showing the top left hand quarter. I suppose a moderator might swim in and put the standard post about looking at the help pages, emailing customer service etc. I've looked there and it is not very helpful.

My computer is up to date and running fine. Also have bought and played other Northern Tale games and they are working.

Have never had this problem before apart from yesterday with "Witchcraft the Lotus Elixir"

I have not changed my screen resolution as it works for everything else and I am not going to start messing about with it for one (or two) games. The devs should program so their games open automatically at the optimum resolution.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jul 30, 14 5:37 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jul 30, 14 5:41 AM
Hey lindaa1

I'm really sorry to see the help articles haven't resolved your issues. At this point, I would definitely recommend contacting Tech Support HERE with a Dr. Felix Report.

One of our Reps can take a look and see which steps will work best to get the game showing up on your screen properly. If troubleshooting with a Rep doesn't get the game to display correctly, if the game has been purchased, your Rep can help you get a different game.

I hope this helps!

bfgVaiya

kempette
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by kempette on Jul 30, 14 8:35 AM
Not sure this is a tech issue, but I'm trying to buy this game & rather than using a game credit (which I have plenty of) it's trying to make me purchase the game using the daily sale. No thanks- I'd like to use one of my available credits that I've already paid for. There isn't even an option to USE a credit. Help please!!!

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jul 30, 14 9:12 AM
kempette wrote:Not sure this is a tech issue, but I'm trying to buy this game & rather than using a game credit (which I have plenty of) it's trying to make me purchase the game using the daily sale. No thanks- I'd like to use one of my available credits that I've already paid for. There isn't even an option to USE a credit. Help please!!!

kempette, I assume you went through the GM to buy. Two options: (First, delete the game in your cart, if it's still there - grey X to the right)
Go through the game page, use the Buy feature there. It applies the available credit in the cart.
Or, when going through the GM -- I see that it does apply the code TOCK -- to the right of the TOCK line, where it says minus xxx, there's also an X. Click on that to delete the coupon code, then it will use the available credit.
Good luck!

skippystwin
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by skippystwin on Jul 30, 14 12:25 PM
I just downloaded the demo. It loaded okay, but then it froze. Uninstalled, reloaded, same thing. Anyone else having this problem? Haven't had this problem with any other games.

[Post New]by KozmicBlues on Jul 30, 14 1:58 PM
Everytime I tried to load the demo get an error message "window not open" and my screen resolution changes ... for bad
I've desinstalled the game and nothing happens... help!!

[Post New]by Idahonative on Jul 30, 14 4:40 PM
I can't get this to download at all. I have Windows 7 and the only issue I have had previously with anything downloading is that for some reason if the BF Game Manager is already open, it won't download. I downloaded something else recently with no problem, but have tried this over and over, from my download file AND from my purchase history on the website. Have you guys upgraded your game manager program or something?

Edited on 07/30/2014 at 4:42:45 PM PST

[Post New]by Idahonative on Jul 31, 14 2:11 AM
Idahonative wrote:I can't get this to download at all. I have Windows 7 and the only issue I have had previously with anything downloading is that for some reason if the BF Game Manager is already open, it won't download. I downloaded something else recently with no problem, but have tried this over and over, from my download file AND from my purchase history on the website. Have you guys upgraded your game manager program or something?

I have also re-downloaded the game manager, as I had checked your help section, and that didn't work either. I also tried changing the download option to alternate (as also suggested on the help page) and that didn't work. The fix for the game I downloaded the other day downloaded with no problem, so I think the issue may be with the game.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jul 31, 14 4:05 AM
I enjoy the game, as I have all of the others in this series & I've become familiar with the characters.
This is one of those games that I'd buy sight unseen and just trust it.
There IS one problem though. Surely I cant be the only one bothered by the high pitched beeping sound that begins on the underwater levels?
This sound is so amazingly high & aggravating that I literally had a headache the 1st time I encountered levels with it & then again today when I played & forgot to mute my computer. I don't really like playing games on mute, so that was annoying but I cannot believe it - I've never encountered something like that in any game! Its basically like what a dog whistle is to dogs. Painful & shrill.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jul 31, 14 4:07 AM
Idahonative wrote:
Idahonative wrote:I can't get this to download at all. I have Windows 7 and the only issue I have had previously with anything downloading is that for some reason if the BF Game Manager is already open, it won't download. I downloaded something else recently with no problem, but have tried this over and over, from my download file AND from my purchase history on the website. Have you guys upgraded your game manager program or something?

I have also re-downloaded the game manager, as I had checked your help section, and that didn't work either. I also tried changing the download option to alternate (as also suggested on the help page) and that didn't work. The fix for the game I downloaded the other day downloaded with no problem, so I think the issue may be with the game.

Actually I've had many, many problems with the GM the past week or two. I've been upset that there isn't any dedicated forum to posting problems with it, we'd have to either write into tech support or suck it up & I don't really want to do either. A lot of times when I go to start up a game, neither it nor the GM will open. I removed the GM from my dock recently & after that, had a difficult time finding it. But the issues began before removing it.

skippystwin
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by skippystwin on Jul 31, 14 2:10 PM
Idahonative wrote:

[Post New]by jobarny on Jul 31, 14 3:41 PM
This game gets to the loading part, the tube at bottom of page fills indicating it's loaded then it freezes. I have deleted and reloaded 3 times and it still doing same thing. Haven't been able to play it at all. The other games I bought at the same time work ok. I think I'd just like my money back on this one. obviously faulty

[Post New]by haydeelk on Jul 31, 14 3:46 PM
I have crashed 3 times on level 24- when i go to build the mechanics house it crashes my computer.

[Post New]by suewong on Jul 31, 14 11:46 PM
My problem is I get to the tube filling on main screen the it freezes same problem as others been on help pages no help

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Aug 1, 14 2:06 AM
The game worked great up to Level 36. Now it will not advance to Level 37. This is a major glitch and really needs to be fixed!!!!! First time playing any of these Northern Tale Series I have had any problems.

[Post New]by Sassie72 on Aug 1, 14 2:09 AM
lindaa1 wrote:
Game is too big for my screen. Only showing the top left hand quarter. I suppose a moderator might swim in and put the standard post about looking at the help pages, emailing customer service etc. I've looked there and it is not very helpful.

My computer is up to date and running fine. Also have bought and played other Northern Tale games and they are working.

Have never had this problem before apart from yesterday with "Witchcraft the Lotus Elixir"

I have not changed my screen resolution as it works for everything else and I am not going to start messing about with it for one (or two) games. The devs should program so their games open automatically at the optimum resolution.

I am having this issue too. I am trying to play it on my windows 8.1 PC Asus and tried compatibility settings as well. Nothing is working. Will need to try to get more help from your tech team please.

Edited on 08/01/2014 at 2:13:00 AM PST

wxman77477
Clownfish
Clownfish
557 Posts

[Post New]by wxman77477 on Aug 1, 14 4:35 AM
Twice I have had one of my Vikings "lock up". He will just stay at a point on a road. One case he blocked movement of my other Vikings to complete the task for which he was assigned.

Stupid me. It was part of the game. Just click on your Viking a few time and he will be released.

Edited on 08/02/2014 at 12:04:04 PM PST

arikc
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by arikc on Aug 1, 14 7:58 AM
jobarny wrote:This game gets to the loading part, the tube at bottom of page fills indicating it's loaded then it freezes. I have deleted and reloaded 3 times and it still doing same thing. Haven't been able to play it at all. The other games I bought at the same time work ok. I think I'd just like my money back on this one. obviously faulty

I'm seeing the exact same issue.

Go to: