Tamlin55
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Level 2.10

[Post New]by Tamlin55 on Jul 30, 14 3:28 AM
I must be a dummy because I don't see that anyone else has had trouble with this level. How do you win the level where you have to beat on the drums and fend off the thieves and the birds? My health bar drops precipitously before an enemy even appears, and I can't complete this level before I lose all health. I'm really frustrated. Can anyone give advice on how to win this? And how can you win it perfectly? Thanks for any help you can give.

puzzleguy
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

Re:Level 2.10

[Post New]by puzzleguy on Jul 31, 14 4:54 PM
I am having the same issue - keep getting silver...

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jul 31, 14 9:37 PM
This is a difficult level you have to click very fast.

First click on each drum after it has pulsed (total 2 times each)

those thieves appear all over, so click on them as quickly as you can

you wlll get some flying birds which you need to click on before they reach your character

repeat above until level over

I found the easiest way to fend off the birds is by clicking closely to the character.

You win in it perfectly by not losing any green health. Took me many tries to do it perfectly.

Good Luck

Edited on 07/31/2014 at 9:39:11 PM PST

Tamlin55
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Tamlin55 on Aug 1, 14 4:15 AM
Thanks! I eventually got the level, but I still lose health just by beating on the drums! I don't get it! So I don't see how to win this one perfectly. I'll keep plugging away. I appreciate the advice.

[Post New]by jebinal on Sep 22, 14 6:41 PM
It doesn't matter whether I lose any green health or how accurate I am the time always reads 1:40. I've played it enough times now that I should have progressed to something different. The red life line seems to speed up at the very end as well. I have also watched the walkthrough several times and realize I have one more round to play then they show. Is there a reason for this? How do I get through this level? I would appreciate any advice. thanks.

bowlmn
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by bowlmn on Sep 26, 14 9:58 PM
I believe the key to gold is the thieves. For each one you hit, you gain some time. Not much, but enough to get gold. and kill the birds as early as you can. that saves some time.

pamvan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by pamvan on Feb 5, 15 6:45 AM
This is rapidly ceasing to be fun. Got silver but cannot get gold on this click-fest and I have gold on every other level so far! Guess I will move on and perhaps come back to this mess later. I wish the developers would not put such "clickers" in the game; there really is no strategy involved as on other levels. Oh well, it is only a game, after all. Still....

Edited on 02/05/2015 at 7:06:04 AM PST

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Feb 10, 15 7:00 AM
pamvan wrote:This is rapidly ceasing to be fun. Got silver but cannot get gold on this click-fest and I have gold on every other level so far! Guess I will move on and perhaps come back to this mess later. I wish the developers would not put such "clickers" in the game; there really is no strategy involved as on other levels. Oh well, it is only a game, after all. Still....

I felt very defeated as well. Even after coming on here and seeing this thread, it still took another three or so tries before I finally made it. Here is what I did:

Drums: In case it is unclear, as it was to me, if you hit the wrong drum, you lose life (the green bar) below and a question mark appears. To know which drum to hit, you have to watch it vibrate, after that it is a simple 1. 2. pattern. I was waiting for each drum to vibrate, which I do not think one must do. After the first drum vibrates, I hit the second, then first, then second again.

Birds: If you have difficulty hitting moving targets, then the advice to wait for the birds to reach the center is good advice; however: that does take up valuable time as this level is very unforgiving. What I did is start at the outside, hitting as many birds as I could and then move toward the center in order to get them all.

Thieves: I don't know if the thieves add time as another poster suggests, but they are crucial to making Gold time. They may "pause" the timer or there might be a certain number of thieves that must be hit before the game will move on. This was by far the most difficult part for me. Once I had the drums and birds down pat with, I focused on where the thieves appear. Though the order of places in which they appear alters with each game, they always appear in the same places. I focused on getting as many thieves as I could as soon as I could and that is how I finally made Gold time.

Hope this helps the less dextrous such as myself!

Go to: