How Can I Get Out of the Nightmare Mode?

[Post New]by torimask on Jul 30, 14 11:45 AM
So I ran through the game in the first two levels several times before attempting Nightmare Mode.

Now I want out!

I enjoyed this game so much more when I wasn't stuck on a single level for days and days.

I can't seem to find a way to start the game over back at Hard level in my profile so I can keep all my enchantments.

I am playing on my phone and just cannot spot this option.

Does it even exist?

Thanks in advance!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:How Can I Get Out of the Nightmare Mode?

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jul 30, 14 6:12 PM
Welcome to the pond!

I've got the PC version of Sparkle 2, and it doesn't have extra difficulty modes for the adventure game. Did you mean Sparkle Unleashed, and if so, how in the world did you ever finish Hard, as I've got the same problem as you do in Hard (I'm stuck on day 75)?

A funny thing did happen in my Sparkle Unleashed game after I struggled through it long enough...one day it just told me I'd finished Hard and gave me the trophy, even though I obviously hadn't completed the game in progress. So I'm wondering if maybe you just have to attempt enough boards and eventually it'll feel sorry enough for you and give you the option to start over. When I go to the game options screen I get the option to start a new game on any of the difficulty levels now, but I feel like I ought to keep trying in Hard because Normal was too easy and Nightmare will likely be unplayable with as much trouble as I'm already having in Hard.

[Post New]by torimask on Aug 1, 14 7:07 AM
thanks!

No, this is definitely Sparkle 2 -- maybe the versions are different based on the platform?

The only things I have on my Options screen are sound effects and music volume sliders and a Color Blind Assist button.

I've clicked everything I can spot and no option to get out of the current game and restart with a different difficulty level. Maddening!

I found where I can add a profile and start over that way, but then I lose all my enchantments and scores.

Did they really build a version where you can't opt out of a difficulty level until you complete all 91 levels?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Aug 1, 14 5:22 PM
You're welcome. I'm guessing that the phone/tablet version of Sparkle 2 must be an updated one where they added the extra difficulty modes in the adventure game. Makes me wish they would update the PC version too as that only has the normal difficulty level and I found that too easy. Sorry that you're stuck on Nightmare, but if it makes you feel any better, at least Hard is playable in your game. I've written to 10tons about the difficulty level in Sparkle Unleashed and can tell you right now that Hard in Sparkle Unleashed will get you stuck on a level for days and days (Normal is very playable though). They did tell me that Nightmare is supposed to be a serious challenge for top-level players only, but that Hard should be a playable difficulty for good players. But I'm pretty experienced at the MP genre (10 years) and absolutely can't manage Hard on the current PC version of SU in the 70s...

All that aside, don't know what else to suggest if you don't want to create a new player and start over again. Maybe the game will feel sorry enough for you after a point and give you an out like what I was describing earlier? I was stuck with my game in Hard on SU for a long time and trying not to scream in frustration, and as I mentioned earlier, one day it just gave me the "finished Hard mode" trophy, and now I have the option to start a new game if I want but before that it would only allow me to go to the game in progress.

Edited on 08/01/2014 at 5:27:40 PM PST

[Post New]by torimask on Aug 10, 14 6:44 PM
Finally figured it out! For future reference, scroll the map to the far right and click on the spinning portal (end of the game) and the menu will come up to restart at a different difficulty.

Go to: