bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Amaranthine Voyage: The Shadow of Torment Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 31, 14 12:29 AM
From Eipix, the studio who brought you Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian Hope Diamond, presents another Amaranthine Voyage!

Long ago, Anther was a realm of beauty and magic, but the appearance of a being named Torment drained their magic and forced the survivors to flee to a world called Earth. Years later, one of their artifacts has been uncovered, reopening the way between both worlds. You must enter the portal and stop Torment before it turns its sights toward Earth. An ancient prophecy declares that you will be the one to save both worlds, but will it come true? Find out in this breathtaking Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won't find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector's Edition includes:

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

Re:Amaranthine Voyage: The Shadow of Torment Collector's Edition

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Jul 31, 14 12:56 AM
Was not real impressed with this game but for anyone wishing to purchase just wanted to let you know that TICK coupon code is still working so don't pay full price.

troischats
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by troischats on Jul 31, 14 2:15 AM
Oh dear. Another "step-through-the-portal-into-a-fantasy-world" game. No doubt this game will appeal to many (they must be popular, otherwise we wouldn't be getting so many of them!), but I've beta tested many great games recently - where are they all!!!?? I'm also amazed at the volume of games this particular dev is releasing - I just hope the quality/innovation doesn't end up suffering.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jul 31, 14 2:41 AM
troischats wrote:Oh dear. Another "step-through-the-portal-into-a-fantasy-world" game. No doubt this game will appeal to many (they must be popular, otherwise we wouldn't be getting so many of them!), but I've beta tested many great games recently - where are they all!!!?? I'm also amazed at the volume of games this particular dev is releasing - I just hope the quality/innovation doesn't end up suffering.

I just beta tested yet another 'step through a portal into another world' game; Nevertales: Smoke and Mirrors. Only seems like a week or two since the last Nevertales game; at least the last Amaranthine Voyage game was a few months ago! The devs seem to be in a race to see who can release the most games and in doing so, have run out of original ideas.

Edited on 07/31/2014 at 2:42:31 AM PST

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jul 31, 14 3:43 AM
roxycavalier wrote:Was not real impressed with this game but for anyone wishing to purchase just wanted to let you know that TICK coupon code is still working so don't pay full price.

Thank you very much for that. I needed three blocks to get my PCC and this being the last day of the month meant paying full price rather than waiting for the weekend sale that I've grown accustomed to. So YAY, you saved me some money.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Jul 31, 14 7:23 AM
Thanks also from me, roxycavalier. I was like snapsis and needed three also to get my pcc. I also got the half price. Saved me money, too.

[Post New]by MmeMoxie on Jul 31, 14 7:56 AM
I just downloaded the Trial version, to see what it is all about. I have the other 2 games and loved them. For those who have played the Trial and possibly the whole game, the overall impression has been good, leastwise on the Review portion of the Main page for this game.

I just played another Eipix game, where I wasn't that impressed with and I dearly LOVED the previous games, in the series. I was also, wondering if Eipix has been trying to "push out" the games, too fast, myself. The one I just played, seemed way too short for the history of the series. Plus, the storyline could easily have been expanded, for the betterment of the game. I got the Collector's Edition and honestly, enjoyed the Bonus Chapter, more than the game. That's not saying much, for the game, either.

Anyways, I am looking forward to playing the Trial version, of this game. I have been Beta Testing several games lately and they haven't been the "Portal" games, either. They are more of the "darker" games, but, I am looking forward to the final versions, on all of them. So, for those who like the "darker" HOAs, more are coming. In my Beta Testing, I didn't find hardly any "bugs" or issues and I have Windows 7 Professional 64Bit operating system. Trust me, with my OS, I tend to get more problems with game playing, than anything else. It is getting a lot better, but, there are still some Game Developers out there, who only want to "code" for the 32 bit OS.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jul 31, 14 8:47 AM
Well, once again I will be afraid to open the hall closet door for fear that I will step into an alternate universe but I'm game (that's better than a car crash while texting on phone).

Eipix never fails to present the best in graphics with color, music and weird little critters. Fed the first but he didn't jump on my hint button (we'll see). I am a big fan of this developer. They try so hard to please all of us with our individual quirks. Thank you for including the customizable game play so that you can make it as easy or as hard as you want.

Since I already own all of the Eipix games I won't be able to take part in the sale so will wait until tomorrow to purchase so I can start a new card. This is the part that just kills me. I want instant gratification! Don't worry BF I have a BIG list to fill a new card.

Edited on 07/31/2014 at 8:48:50 AM PST

Dudesmum
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by Dudesmum on Jul 31, 14 10:39 AM
roxycavalier wrote:Was not real impressed with this game but for anyone wishing to purchase just wanted to let you know that TICK coupon code is still working so don't pay full price.

Morning Roxy...

Thank you for letting me know, I immediately dived back and purchased using TICK ... Of course if the weekend sale turns out to be a better one I will cry but that's the risk you take ...

As for the game...

Like some have posted here I too am a lover of all things Eipix ... And loved their new type of gaming in Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle ...

So it's hard to pass up an Eipix Game ... and I am just downloading the Survey / Beta test on Danse Macabre: Moulin Rouge , the second game in that series. I hope it's as good as the first one...

But for now I'm settling in for an Amaranthine Voyage extravaganza ... Might as well play from the beginning, even though I know it's not necessary but it is fun to revisit the older games and see how things have changed ... The first Amaranthine Voyage was one of Eipix's first games I think and I loved it back then...

Orrooo Dudesmum x

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jul 31, 14 12:35 PM
The colors and graphics in Eipix games are stunning, you cannot take that away from them. I usually like all of their games but this one however did not click with me for some reason. There was nothing exciting that made me want to continue playing and I found I was getting bored the more I got into it. I know many will like this game and I am glad as the games are for everyone but not all games will satisfy everyone.

Morphing objects

[Post New]by deauville19 on Aug 1, 14 1:58 AM
Hi to all ther other wonderful fishes out there, here i go again, did i miss something, are there multiple morphing objects in one scene?
please advise do i need to start again to detect them all

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 2, 14 1:38 AM
No Deauville19 there aren't multiple morphing objects in the HOS just one in each.

If you miss one you can replay the HOS in the Extras and collect them then.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Aug 3, 14 5:06 AM
I enjoyed the main game very much -- and then came the bonus . So far, I've had to skip three of the puzzles because they did not work. No, it wasn't that I didn't know how to do them; they simply did not work. I even checked the SG to make sure it wasn't me. That is extremely frustrating, and makes me regret not waiting for the SE to come out.

sha49tn1
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by sha49tn1 on Aug 4, 14 6:24 PM
Can anyone tell me please, WHAT is the purpose of the hidden special flowers? I haven't managed to collect the whole 41 yet, so want to know what the purpose is, since you can play the bonus game without having all of them.

Go to: