Please post your TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: The Shadow of Torment Collector's Edition

[Post New]by pondprowler on Jul 31, 14 12:34 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 07/31/2014 at 5:45:34 AM PST

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Please post your TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: The Shadow of Torment Collector's Edition

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jul 31, 14 3:37 AM
pondprowler wrote:A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

pondprowler, I really appreciate that you start this thread for most every game. Could your paragraph please include a request that players with technical issues include the platform (Windows or Mac) and operating system they are running? Thank you.

BetsLaw
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: The Shadow of Torment Collector's Editi

[Post New]by BetsLaw on Jul 31, 14 4:08 AM
Using Windows 7. On palace terrace trying to take item from music box. After many tries, was finally able to pick up the spray - keeps showing gears and "all this needs is a fairy tale". Still unable to pick up puzzle piece. Consulted guide and it does not show any special things to do to pick up the items. Just says to pick up. Is this another game with a glitch???

BetsLaw
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: The Shadow of Torment Collector's Editi

[Post New]by BetsLaw on Jul 31, 14 4:19 AM
Okay, I quit. I'm not playing this dratted game until this issue is solved. VERY FRUSTRATING when game doesn't work as it is supposed to!!!!!!!

handyfr
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by handyfr on Jul 31, 14 5:44 AM
I can't get the game to even download! I follow all the steps and after 'run' it just sits there somewhere in the pc/internet world doing nothing. Doesn't even start up the 'q'!!!

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jul 31, 14 5:45 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

sagethyme
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: The Shadow of Torment Collector's Ed

[Post New]by sagethyme on Jul 31, 14 7:01 AM
Okay..not only can I NOT download the game, I can't open the Game Manager either from the shortcut. I have WIN7 on my pc. *Edit- just tried to download a previous game from purchase history and it, too, won't download. Nothing will open the GM. So now my previous games aren't available either.*

I could download and open the GM last night and afterwards I shut down my pc for the night - so it obviously isn't my computer.

The game shows up in my purchase history and even trying to INSTALL from there isn't working. Plus it says that it's already been downloaded - really? where?

Any bright ideas? Aside from the obvious and trite of "uninstall and re-install" (would be nice if I knew where it was to begin with) or any of the other "Help pages" options (none are obviously related to what's happening).

I give up. *sigh*

Edited on 07/31/2014 at 7:14:34 AM PST

shian1
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: The Shadow of Torment Collector's Edi

[Post New]by shian1 on Jul 31, 14 7:15 AM
Hi Sagethyme. You will need to uninstall the game manager from your control panel, then reinstall game. I get this all the time. Very frustrating.

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: The Shadow of Torment Collector's Edi

[Post New]by dtouchton on Jul 31, 14 7:54 AM
Downloaded and played fine so far. My issue is the menu button doesn't work at all. I have to use task manager to exit the game.

ckristi88
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: The Shadow of Torment Collector's Ed

[Post New]by ckristi88 on Jul 31, 14 9:04 AM
handyfr wrote:I can't get the game to even download! I follow all the steps and after 'run' it just sits there somewhere in the pc/internet world doing nothing. Doesn't even start up the 'q'!!!

I'm having the same problem. I tried running from a "saved" download & I even tried installing from within my "purchase history" in Big Fish. Nothing works! Help!!

PS. I was able to install a different game from Big Fish with no problems after this.

Edited on 07/31/2014 at 10:20:16 AM PST

handyfr
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by handyfr on Jul 31, 14 10:22 AM
Having same problems with download as every one else. The "Trial version" downloads just fine.

handyfr
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by handyfr on Jul 31, 14 11:33 AM
I tried all the tricks of the trade to get full version to download. The trial version downloaded/played just fine. After finishing the trial version, I clicked on 'buy' and system told me I had already purchased, etc. I clicked my way thru those screens and full version downloaded just fine. I think there may be a problem on BF end!

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jul 31, 14 12:03 PM
Hi All,

Thank you for letting us know about your issues downloading the game. There's a chance that there might be a problem with the Big Fish Games app connecting with the server. Switching the app to Alternate Method can sometimes help with this. For some steps, please click the link below:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If you continue experiencing problems, please feel free to contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps would be happy to investigate that further.

I hope this gets resolved quickly.

bfgWendwater

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by bluejen on Jul 31, 14 2:00 PM
I tried running a Dr. Felix report and it won't run on a Mac. Is that true or is it my computer. Thanks.

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Jul 31, 14 3:16 PM
I am having trouble with music box also every time I try to pick up something it says it needs to be wound I put the key in early maybe you are supposed to wait until the figures are on
But then I thought the music box is open so I should be able to get the things I want
That's what happens when you play a music box it opens after you wind it up Right at least mine do
Fix it please so I can continue Today

[Post New]by william1984 on Jul 31, 14 3:45 PM
Two of us players are having a problem. In the music box cannot pick up the piece. says every music box need to be wound up. the key is there only was able to pick up one item....cannot go on in game because of this

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jul 31, 14 4:42 PM
bluejen, Within that link for the Dr. Felix Report there are instructions in the first portion on how to download the Dr. Felix for Mac. You can also get right to it by clicking the link below:

Running Dr. Felix (Mac)

hookedonHOG and william1984, I'm sorry that you are experiencing problems with that puzzle. Sometimes progression blocks like you described may be caused if the computer doesn't have permission to access all of the folders and files to run the game properly and running the game as an administrator can help this. Here's a link with some steps:

Run Game as Administrator

If you would like additional assistance, you can always contact our Customer Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report by clicking <HERE.

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

Edited on 07/31/2014 at 4:44:18 PM PST

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Jul 31, 14 9:41 PM
Another bummer from Eipix. Why they can't solve the issues is beyond me. By now you would have thought that they would have worked through the glitches. It's come to the point where I see Eipix and start feeling depressed! Game downloaded, after multiple problems, then the moment I hit play it crashes. I'm on OSX 10.9.4. I've sent the report to BFG - expect standard response. We are sorry, we are working through with the developer, uninstall, reinstall, update softwares, here's a free coupon (most appreciated -except I have so many free coupons and no games to redeem them on!). The download page on games say that it's compatible with the system, why does it say that if it's not!
BFG - expect that this glitch is sorted out.

jmidge0217
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by jmidge0217 on Jul 31, 14 10:06 PM
I too had problems downloading-finally had to uninstall /reinstall the Game Manager.
There's 20 minutes of frustration that I will never get back. I've been a customer for many years & have experienced very few technical problems until the past few months. BFG you need to get your stuff together-frustrated customers become former customers very soon.

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 1, 14 4:39 AM
I have Windows Vista. I had no problem downloading the game and no problem playing it yesterday and this morning I played for an hour again with no problems at all. Just now I went back into the game, replayed a couple of hops in the Extras section and then went back to play the game, I clicked on my profile and a box popped up saying something along the lines of "(the whatever that saves your progress) is corrupt so I have to start it all over again"!

Go to: