can,t bet level 44 help please

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

Re:level 44

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Aug 1, 14 5:12 AM
Hi Wewamomma

What I did was collect as many resources to upgrade the camp to 2 Vikings and then built the farm and upgraded to 2 stars. I upgraded to 3 Vikings as soon as I could.

Then I went around the middle island with my 3 men collecting as much as I could, built the exorcist's hut to get rid of the witch outside the druid's tent, built that and started to get rid of the wolves and building those mines.

I made sure I left one gold mine intact to the very end, as you'll need a lot of gold in a hurry. Don't forget the warehouse. It's important you build it. I thought I could get away with not having it, but as usual in the Northern Tale games you really do have to build everything to pass a level.

HTH and good luck.

mitupogo
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by mitupogo on Aug 17, 14 10:09 AM
Thanks Tiger2010. I followed your suggestion, or close to it. Still took a LOT of tries, but it worked. FINALLY!

I also used just the random resource thing. So I think some of getting the gold has to do with the resources and when you get them. Just kept trying!

adinah
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by adinah on Aug 17, 14 3:47 PM
After reading the comments in this thread, I went back and tried several more times - paying attention to the Random Bonus. It does vary widely - one game was mostly food when what I needed was stone and got it only once.
It starts to look as though this level is random which is a shame when it should be a game of skill and strategy.

adinah
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

Re:level 44-update

[Post New]by adinah on Aug 18, 14 12:20 PM
For anyone interested - it WAS purely chance. I lucked into enough stone to build my camp to three men a step or two earlier than Ricoblade (and did not clear the Big Stone since it was not in the WT) ...so I shaved the 3 seconds and made 3 stars. I feel like I won the marathon...something fellow Northern Tribe players will recognize.

athena314
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by athena314 on Aug 23, 14 9:05 AM
I need some help please. I have gone thru the whole level 44 and clear everything but when I click on Fennir and there is a blue ring around him, I have all the necessary items for him, but an X comes on him and will not let me talk to him. How do I finish this last step for the level?? Very frustrating. 2 of the 3 men are captured, but I still have one going. Is it because of that?

Edited on 08/23/2014 at 9:06:49 AM PST

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Aug 24, 14 3:21 AM
Hi - I think so. I seem to remember you need all 3 Vikings to talk to Fenrir so just click on them repeatedly to free them.

athena314
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by athena314 on Aug 24, 14 7:54 AM
ty ricoblade, that is what I needed. I did not know those little guys could break out of those weed traps. Thanks to you I was able to finish all the levels.

GoldenMel
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by GoldenMel on Aug 24, 14 8:53 AM
And those seaweeds, sometimes they grab you more often than other times ..... you just have to go on.

pusskat
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by pusskat on Aug 25, 14 3:05 PM
After god know how many trys with level 44, thanks to Tiger 2010 I eventually got 3 stars!!! Thanks a lot, and what you said about the random resources is true. It is just pure luck with what you get, as to whether it helps you!

sambone
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by sambone on Aug 31, 14 1:11 PM
Thank You Tiger 2010 Beat level 44. Got 2 guys 2 star food then got #3 guy asap.

[Post New]by onthecoast on Sep 7, 14 9:37 AM
Feeling rather deflated now! Level 44 was so hard-- I finally got it and was looking forward to a final challenge (bonus level 5) only to find that it was one of the easier levels. 44 should have been the final challenge IMHO.

[Post New]by NDSeamstress on Oct 25, 14 5:16 PM
n
No matter what I try I am just short of getting three stars! I have tried all the hints you have so kindly shared, but I am still missing something. Any more suggestions?
Thanks so much.

[Post New]by NDSeamstress on Oct 25, 14 5:19 PM
Never mind! I found what I was looking for! Thanks again ricoblade.

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Nov 23, 14 5:29 AM
Thank you everyone for your tips! What finally did it for me was to NOT remove the boulder blocking access to the witch. I just left it there and worked around it and I was finally able to get three stars with maybe two seconds left.

cleep100
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by cleep100 on Feb 3, 15 10:05 AM
Yes, not removing the boulder was the key.

Also, there is a gold stump in the top right corner. Clear to that as soon as you can and collect whenever it pops up. You will need that gold to get three stars.

You need three vikings at the end, but you should also upgrade the farm to three stars. You will need that much food, too.

Good luck!

sayulita
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

level 44 - workers freezing up

[Post New]by sayulita on Feb 12, 15 4:49 PM
Workers constantly freezing up - trapped. Happens almost every time one of them ventures forth and every time I play the level. Checked the spoiler on YouTube and found the workers only froze up 3 or 4 times during the entire level. Luck?

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

level 44 - workers freezing up

[Post New]by ricoblade on Feb 13, 15 1:32 AM
sayulita wrote:Workers constantly freezing up - trapped. Happens almost every time one of them ventures forth and every time I play the level. Checked the spoiler on YouTube and found the workers only froze up 3 or 4 times during the entire level. Luck?

Yep - it's just random how many times they get caught but you just click on them a few times to release them.

mapste
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by mapste on Jul 26, 15 9:41 PM
Thanks to the hints here I finally got this level after about 2 days. Two tips I can add that got me those crucial final few seconds:

As noted before, you need a lot of gold fast right at the end. Leave the gold mine on the left, closest to home, for last so your guys don't have to run as far at the end. Also, one that killed me at least twice was once the wolf knocks out your guys, immediately click on him again to call Ragnar.

Then relax. The rest of the game is a walk in the park compared to this level!

mitupogo
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by mitupogo on Oct 14, 15 8:52 PM
Woo Hoo! Thanks. Even though I got lots of frozen guys, I managed 3 stars by tiger2010's method plus saving the last gold mine till toward the end.

Go to: