basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

help and advise needed!

[Post New]by basmith12 on Aug 1, 14 10:03 AM
I am at level 32, have gotten into the mansion lobby, also paris cemetery gates; my question is that I have the tasks to find instructions, etc for the medusa sign and the sprout sign at the left of screen, these were open in the formula sections but have disappeared as I have progressed in game and completed other tasks. Cannot find any where except asking for instr tasks at left of screen. I am wondering if I should try and uninstall and reload or if I am just not doing something right or not time to get these yet. will try and state what I have at this point: Formula screen shows (Not highlighted for use yet) letter,sun,frame for tom and sewing machine.; am at level 32; have a griffin sign in my inventory at the bottom and cannot determine where and if I need to use it at this time. And as for the open tasks at the left of the screen, the inventor tasks shows a green check mark as if they are complete (but have not completed the sprout and medusa yet) Iris shows that I have completed 3/12 tasks at this point. I am sorry if you are unable to understand my rambling here but would appreciate any input or advise. thanking you in advance.

Re:help and advise needed!

[Post New]by TheSherlockian on Aug 1, 14 12:33 PM
Hey, you leveled up fast! Okay, hopefully I can help...

First, you can ignore the griffin sign. If it's the one I'm thinking of (it looks like it's running), you use that when you open the crypt in the Paris Cemetery.

About the Medusa and Sprout tasks...I believe those instructions are rewarded at the end of a group of "help your fellow agents" missions. I guess I'm not certain of what's disappeared on you. Are you saying you received these instructions but they're no longer listed in your creation menu? It seems just a little early in the game for you to have them just yet.

You mentioned that Iris says you've completed 3/12 tasks. Look at the bottom of that main mission task list and see what the pending rewards are for that overall mission.

What other tasks do you have besides Iris' missions? What is the main goal you're working toward?

Edited on 08/01/2014 at 1:58:09 PM PST

basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by basmith12 on Aug 1, 14 2:21 PM
thanks for your help. will try and post what I have showing in game but beware due to severe arthritis and etc type is awful, sorry; I think I may have been going at this game backwards instead of forwards working the goals. I am really not sure what my goal is except to continue playing and loving this game and trying to keep up. LOL is there an order in doing the tasks at left of screen? just noticed that I have been working from the bottom of list up towards the top but seems I may be completing the ones at the top before the bottom first, could this maybe be part of my problem. after reading your post, maybe I just thought the medusa and sprout was in formula screen (not sure but really thought I had seen them and was trying to work hogs for # star items that I could make out thru dim screen) Anyway to try and address your questions: showing on left of screen from the bottom up have several open tasks:Invent:create letter to open box #8; then invent:create sun to open box on cemetery gate; then;frame for tom sign open lobby mask; then;invent:create medusa to open grid; then;invent:sprout to open flower;then there is a task with invent face in left top says "state of emergency you are the last hope of the agency"-3/12 Iris missions and a green ck beside invent missions with total rewards at bottom of the letter,frame,sewing machine and the sun.; next up is Iris-Observatory-"if you restore bridge will learn myst of star chart";next task up is Iris "to Paris" "caretaker should be able to help with last ring" on this task there is a green ck beside restore bridge and an open box with no ck says talk to caretaker.;next task up:caretaker:cemetery gates:"locked lets find key"; next task Iris: state of emerg add 4 challenges (I understand this one, just appeared abit ago); and the last task at top of left screen(maybe first) is Dan or the guy under tree:Knock Knock"libr lock could shut out Aristotle it's so complicated: Please do not worry is you cannot make out this mess, it is my fault and as I said I have mainly just been building energy and playing every hour or two as ener builds and trying to muddle thru the quests. Also might mention, I have the relics for three sets complete but apparently not far enough in game to unlock those yet. Cannot banish the last two floaters, sorry cannot rem the names, think one is centeaur or something. thanking you in advance for even attempting to read this mess. Barbara

[Post New]by TheSherlockian on Aug 1, 14 3:10 PM
The series in which to approach tasks is a little tricky. Usually, the new stuff/more short-term goals are at the top while the long-term/older tasks sink to the bottom. For example, I received tasks for "Create Medusa" and "Create Sprout" in the Mansion Courtyard and they stayed at the bottom of my task list until almost the end of the game.

So the short answer is yes, it's usually better to start at the top with tasks. The longer answer is that it will probably vary for everyone. It all depends on what you're able to achieve and what your current focus is. Based on your list of available tasks, unlocking the library is currently the last thing you'll ever do in the game. Everything beyond that point needs a content update.

Creation items like the letter and the sun are rewards from the "help your fellow agents" missions. If you have received these instructions and they're available to create with the right materials, absolutely do these first. This should keep you moving forward.

Your next "big" task will be to open the Cemetery gates. This will not only allow you to talk to the caretaker, but will reveal another anomaly for you to gather from and hopefully banish some monsters to repair the final bridge to the Observatory.

Edited on 08/01/2014 at 3:10:42 PM PST

basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by basmith12 on Aug 1, 14 4:24 PM
Thank you so much! I, too, after discussing this with you, do believe I have been going in the wrong direction on the tasks and apparently just got lucky with all the items I was able to gather by playing so often. Thank you again for your help, hopefully now with all I have stored will be able to move forward for a bit even though I still enjoy just playing hogs and crafting, etc. Have a great weekend!

annibelle1
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by annibelle1 on Aug 7, 14 8:53 AM
I need some help to understand how to access much of the different scenes you are talking about. I have been doing HOGames, and I have only 4 things in the inventory. It keeps telling me to build the bridge or go to it. It requires more diamonds than I have, etc. How do I help the scientist iwith the medicine, etc. How do I get the controller thing in the mountains by the car to work? How do I get rid of ice. etc. I am really frustrated here. I hope doing the hog is not a waste of time? Give me some directions , please? Anybody?

[Post New]by shikitenshi on Aug 7, 14 10:53 AM
unfortunately I don't remember exactly the " how" for those things being a little more advanced . but you don't need diamonds for the bridge . just make a zillion anomaly traps and make the relics and banish the creatures. it will slowly work . some of the quests come really soon compared to when you will be able to complete them. just solve quest after quest and you will receive items to solve the " impossible " ones.for the control panel there are 3 keys that will take a ton of quests until you find them. sorry I can't be of any help but I remember being as frustrated as you at that moment . ( I still am now for some stuff )

annibelle1
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

Thanks Shikitenshi!

[Post New]by annibelle1 on Aug 7, 14 1:42 PM

Hope I got the name right...LOL. Thanks so much, I will keep on, keeping on! Hope they can get the kinks out of the game, so I can figure out this stuff.

[Post New]by shikitenshi on Aug 8, 14 8:09 AM
I'm sure you will . I still don't have the sprout recipe , after banishing the centaur and opening the cemetery in paris and things look still blurry but everything was slowly solving itself so I'll be patient and keep playing. I wish those relic items would come easier though.

greymalk
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by greymalk on Aug 11, 14 9:40 AM
I don't know if this is posted somewhere else but I need help with the fire puzzle in the courtyard. I made the fire sign and placed it but I don't know what to do after that. Five squares appear and have figures (red, yellow, green) but I don't understand what to do next. I am at level 16. Thanks!

Tee_Rex
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Tee_Rex on Aug 11, 14 9:49 AM
you have to find the right combination.
Just keep clikcking them and observe what happens and you will figure the right order out soon enough.
good luck.

Edited on 08/11/2014 at 9:51:38 AM PST

Go to: