lilorange
Flounder
Flounder
2,206 Posts

Re:The Mystery Of The Crystal Portal

[Post New]by lilorange on Jul 6, 08 7:12 AM
Yes, I noticed that too! I think a coming soon list here would be great!

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Jul 10, 08 2:55 PM
Anyone else download the demo yet? It's out on two other game sites. I wish BF would get it, but don't think they will.

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Jul 10, 08 3:00 PM
Going there imedietely,thanks Scotcat.

Edited on 07/10/2008 at 3:02:28 PM PST

TimeKilla
Herring
Herring
399 Posts

[Post New]by TimeKilla on Jul 10, 08 3:57 PM
I was hoping this game would be, well not quite Amazon, but really good. Gamezebo wasn't really thrilled with it however.

So, of course, I'll check out the demo but I don't really have high hopes.

Dang it! Where's Azada: 2!

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Jul 10, 08 8:27 PM
grannylover59 wrote:What kind of game is this? I saw the demo someplace can't remember where.

It's a Natalie Brooks - Laura Jones/Gates Of Good & Evil - Women's Murder Club sort of game. That's the best way I can discribe it.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Jul 11, 08 3:44 AM
EdnaMoles wrote:I want this game I must have this game BF has to get this game, well so much for venting, But I really do want this game.

Sad to say, but BF won't be getting it. This game is A ********** EXCLUSIVE! Guess we will have to pay $19.99 for it or wait until it goes on sale somewhere - which will probably be Labor Day on 9/1. This really bites.

lilorange
Flounder
Flounder
2,206 Posts

[Post New]by lilorange on Jul 11, 08 5:36 AM
scotcat wrote:
TimeKilla wrote:I was hoping this game would be, well not quite Amazon, but really good. Gamezebo wasn't really thrilled with it however.

So, of course, I'll check out the demo but I don't really have high hopes.

Dang it! Where's Azada: 2!

Yeah, well Gamezebo has given some good reviews to games I think stink, so it's all a matter of what a person likes. All in all, I thought it was a good game, but I did only play for an hour.

I also read the reviews, but it really is a matter of what an individual likes and is looking for. I've noticed sometimes there is a bad rating because of the replay factor, but for myself, that isn't the deciding factor. However, the reviews point out the pros and cons, so you can make a decision based on your likes and needs.

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Jul 11, 08 9:16 AM
We can indeed hear you LisaB19 . And the idea of a coming soon list is being added to our list of improvements to forums .

LisaB19
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,381 Posts

[Post New]by LisaB19 on Jul 11, 08 9:19 AM
OK, I'll be quiet now

Lisa

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Jul 11, 08 3:43 PM
your a hoot lisaB19.if they won`t listen just shout it out,lol my daughter does this all the time ,and I wear earplugs.

[Post New]by Bonzie12 on Jul 11, 08 7:51 PM
I just finished playing the crystal portal and I wasn't too impressed. It was rather easy in a way and I've played much harder seek and finds.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jul 12, 08 5:40 AM
I liked the seek and find portion of the game. Good graphics. cleverly hidden objects. I didn't have a problem with scrolling to find the containers. The little pictures that popped up to identify the items to find were pretty clear, not just silhouettes. Even in plain sight, a couple were pretty hard to find. I liked that all the containers were not available immediately. I found the dialogue boxes and pop-up characters annoying. But, livable. The sequencing was off kilter. The guy popped up to say I could enter the secret room since I'd found all the bells when I'd only found 4 of the 6. Overall, I'd say it's an OK game. I'll buy this one if BFG gets it.

lilorange
Flounder
Flounder
2,206 Posts

[Post New]by lilorange on Jul 12, 08 1:22 PM
cesse47 wrote:I liked the seek and find portion of the game. Good graphics. cleverly hidden objects. I didn't have a problem with scrolling to find the containers. The little pictures that popped up to identify the items to find were pretty clear, not just silhouettes. Even in plain sight, a couple were pretty hard to find. I liked that all the containers were not available immediately. I found the dialogue boxes and pop-up characters annoying. But, livable. The sequencing was off kilter. The guy popped up to say I could enter the secret room since I'd found all the bells when I'd only found 4 of the 6. Overall, I'd say it's an OK game. I'll buy this one if BFG gets it.

Cesse--I had the same problem with entering the secret room--I only had 5 of 6. Must be a little leftover glitch. Overall though, I did like the game. It is different enough to be worth buying (which I did).

TimeKilla--sometimes not everything does appeal to everyone. I know awhile back, there was a game I thought was good, but the reviews were lousy and no one seemed to like it. I ended up getting it anyway, and though I can't recall the game right now, I remember I played it through and enjoyed it. To each his own........

csurles
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
469 Posts

[Post New]by csurles on Sep 6, 08 12:16 PM
Was not very impressed with this game. I played it twice because I thought perhaps I missed a level since it ended so quickly. The hidden objects were not that hard, the story line was cute, but not addictive. I suppose there is a sequel in the works since at the end of this game she still had not found her father.

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Sep 6, 08 12:25 PM
csurles I agree too easy ,too short.

[Post New]by Ronin1947 on Dec 19, 08 6:40 PM
I played the demo and got stuck at the Japan Temple. The last thing to find so you can get to the secret room and the last weight is a red mask. A walkthrough says

JAPAN TEMPLE LAST
Click on the left side where you see the lantern leaning against the tree and a pop-up window will appear.
Grab the red mask that is inside and place it on the green artifact that is on the lower left side.

I could not find the red mask in the demo and I can't find it in the game now that I have finally bought it.

Help!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 19, 08 6:43 PM
Ronin1947 wrote:I played the demo and got stuck at the Japan Temple. The last thing to find so you can get to the secret room and the last weight is a red mask. A walkthrough says

JAPAN TEMPLE LAST
Click on the left side where you see the lantern leaning against the tree and a pop-up window will appear.
Grab the red mask that is inside and place it on the green artifact that is on the lower left side.

I could not find the red mask in the demo and I can't find it in the game now that I have finally bought it.

Help!

I think you need to use the ladder..it's in the birds nest.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 19, 08 6:57 PM
Ronin1947 wrote:I played the demo and got stuck at the Japan Temple. The last thing to find so you can get to the secret room and the last weight is a red mask. A walkthrough says

JAPAN TEMPLE LAST

Help!
I will send you a message with a link to a picture of the bird's nest in that scene. In the picture I have put a red outline around the bird's nest.

Good luck on the game!

[Post New]by solacebyair on Jan 7, 09 5:12 PM

I liked this game,especially when I found out if you have the patience, you can finish it by playing it on the arcade town game site.For me this only took a few hours to

complete and really was a good way to spend an afternoon. I thought the graphics were really good, however I could of done without the pop ups but thankfully there

gone in a few seconds so not so bad.I have to say thou I'm not a fan of cliffhanger endings it always leaves me feeling some what unsatisfied. I keep trying to click

all over the picture when Nicole is standing in front of the crystal portal. I had an idea that it would be a fast ending after I had completed the last puzzle but I thought

we would at least get to see where her father is before the game ended I also was expecting to see a message saying something about the sequel so you at least have

some kind of closure I had to go on a forum because I thought I missed something, but it looks like that is that until ...To Be Continued?...We Shall See.

marjm
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by marjm on Feb 24, 09 2:03 PM
hi their everyone
we are at the airport,and at the last place the cave,it says we need the crank,which is at the airport,and the propellar we need,,please help

Go to: