A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 08/04/2014 at 5:38:15 AM PST

Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun here

[Post New]by Tufty57 on Aug 4, 14 1:46 AM
What a fun little game. The solitaire levels were quite challenging and, in story mode, sometimes getting 100% to receive an item was really hard for me, but I stuck at it and got a real sense of achievement.

I loved the humour; it reminded me of 'Police Squad' with the Philip Marlow style voice over. I especially loved it when the voice gave a different chapter name to the screen!

You may think this could be dull, but I recommend you give it a try.

T57

PS As I just bumbled through, I will leave it to others to detail the gameplay etc!

Edited on 08/04/2014 at 1:53:49 AM PST

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Aug 4, 14 2:29 AM
Wow! What a surprise. I did not know what to expect when I saw the game. Desperate for something to play that isn't what is normally offered around here, I decided to give it a try.
I'm not able to give a good description for anyone, somebody else will have to do that. But I just wanted to say that the game is very enjoyable & certainly unique. I'm definitely going to buy it.
I hope its got a good length to it.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Aug 4, 14 2:31 AM
OH! Tufty57 I just read your review. On the 1st level, I did notice that thing, where the name of the level was ABC & the voiceover guy actually called it XYZ (for example) but I thought that was an accident! LOL do they do it on other levels? I hadn't even paid attention but I will now.
Funny.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Aug 4, 14 5:38 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgVaiya

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Aug 4, 14 5:56 AM
I am going to purchase this! The demo was great fun even with having to repeat a few levels. The nice thing, as the Tutorial tells us, is that if we have to repeat a level three times, we then have the option to skip it. The dialogue is a scream! Anyone who has ever enjoyed one of the old detective movies (think Sam Spade, Charlie Chan, etc.) will love the dialogue. You get a definite sense of purpose because you are finding evidence, getting information about various people who are important to your case, getting little odds and ends that help with the solitaire levels and using the evidence in certain situations.

This is an absolute winner for me: I enjoyed the demo, need to use a PCC and since it is Monday, I'll get a punch on my Punch Card which will fill it and I'll get another PCC. Yippee!

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Aug 4, 14 8:19 AM
......................this is the 2nd game of this type.............................loved the 1st.............but having trouble with the shuffle............so don't know if this is a buy for me...........................probably will be hard in higher levels with the shuffle not functional...........................

[Post New]by desktopgaming on Aug 4, 14 8:37 AM
Saphhire,

The shuffle feature is functional. The end of the level comes when Max's Mojo runs out (shown below the stack/foundation card), even if there are cards left on the stack.

Dave
Desktop Gaming

madstitcher54
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by madstitcher54 on Aug 4, 14 10:28 AM
Dumb, dumb game. Why pay for solitaire when there are many better games elsewhere. It did not close (of course I couldn't fine a menu to quit the game on the play screen) so I had to restart my computer to stop it and uninstall. Not even the "task master" could get it to close. What a mess.

My advice--DON'T BOTHER.

[Post New]by desktopgaming on Aug 4, 14 10:35 AM
Hello madstitcher54

You can quit the game by clicking the cog (settings) icon which is almost always displayed in the bottom left corner, or by clicking the window 'close' gadget if you're in windowed mode.

hope this helps!

Dave
Desktop Gaming

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Aug 4, 14 11:02 AM
This is a really cute and entertaining game. BUT, you have to play really fast and I just don't enjoy it as much when I feel pressured. Is there a way to play it untimed, or at least slower?

[Post New]by desktopgaming on Aug 4, 14 11:53 AM
Hi Marinersfan04

The game isn't timed at all*. If you're referring to Max's Mojo depleting, then it's worth mentioning that it only decreases when you turn over a new foundation card, so you can take all the time in the world and it won't make any difference to the outcome.

* The only part of the game where time comes into play is in the Five Peaks mode, where the time taken to get a perfect score is recorded.

Dave
Desktop Gaming

Edited on 08/04/2014 at 11:53:18 AM PST

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Aug 4, 14 12:00 PM
Yes, that's what I was referring to. I will go back and play some more and keep an eye on that mojo bar! Thanks for the help.

lemarmot
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by lemarmot on Aug 6, 14 1:18 PM
this is the best game I've played in a long long time .... and it's a long, long one

I've been playing the Story mode for two days, and not finished yet ... I love it, I love it .... more please ... I didn't like the first one much

Haven't tried the other two modes, so I'll do that for a change now

Happy Granny on Vancouver Island

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Aug 21, 14 4:55 PM
I just came back to say its been oh...? IDK ? a few weeks & I am still playing the game, enjoying itand laughing my hiney off. Its really funny in some parts.
I'm trying to get my facebook friends to check it out.

Extremely dissappointing

[Post New]by petergb on Aug 28, 14 5:04 AM
I found this game to be attractive to begin; the voices, the throwaway comments etc. However, having tried to play it through twice I have now moved to other games. The reason is that at certain levels in the game the cards will just not 'come out' and give a winning hand which means you are stuck at one site. From the sites I have won it seems that you need to play somewhere between 5 and 100 times before the 'machine/programme' will then hand out a winning hand, which is then usually so straightforward that it is almost a mockery of your efforts. With some games such as the Golf after several really bad hands the programme will then give you a winnable hand to let you progress onwards. But this game seem almost cynical in making it difficult and there seem to be no preferences in the programme that allow you to detect any line of exploration and the cards dealt seem worse than random. So its ultimamately frustrating and I resent the money spent; the trailer is far better than the actual game when on any particular hand you can see within the first 5 cards whether it will win or not. What the sellers view of this game is I do not know.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Sep 16, 14 3:14 AM
I'm enjoying this game. I would recommend it. Replayable and there's 3 game modes, as well as 2 difficulties.

My least favorite aspect, which I hope gets modified in the next version ;-) , is the shopping. I would like to more quickly get through that part without all the scrolling and such.

[Post New]by desktopgaming on Sep 16, 14 12:45 PM
Hi gimmegames,

You may not be aware but there are a few shortcuts. If you're on the map screen and want to buy wildcards, click on the wildcard icon at the bottom of the screen. Likewise, if you want bullets, click on the ammo clip. Etc.

You'll be taken into the shop, and right to where you want to be.

Go to: