Please post your TECH ISSUES for Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Aug 4, 14 12:34 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 08/04/2014 at 5:37:24 AM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun here

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Aug 4, 14 5:37 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Aug 4, 14 8:15 AM
Is anyone else having trouble with the shuffle? I shuffle the deck and only get one card to flip...................is this a glitch or part of the game..................

[Post New]by desktopgaming on Aug 4, 14 8:32 AM
Hi

You get to play cards until Max's Mojo runs out - indicated below the foundation card.

Once it's run out the level is over, even if there are cards remaining on the stack.

hope this helps!

Dave
Desktop Gaming

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Aug 4, 14 9:58 AM
Is anyone else having problems with their cursor in this game? I found it extremely difficult to use... both when clicking on cards in the solitaire portions and also when trying to move about (i.e. going to map screen, looking at achievements available, checking out the shopping portion, etc.).

I would place my cursor directly on the function I wanted to do, but it would not activate that function. Sometimes, in order to activate the function I wanted to perform, I would have to place my cursor on a different function completely. For instance, if I wanted to replay a solitaire round, if I clicked on the REPLAY button nothing would happen. I had to click on the CONTINUE button to get the REPLAY function to work. If I wanted to continue, I had to move my cursor to the right of the CONTINUE button (completely off of the button) to get it to function.

In the solitaire rounds, one would think that if you touched any part of the card you wanted to choose, it would go onto the pile so you could move on... but that wasn't the case. I found that the cards would stay put unless I clicked in very specific areas of them... and it wasn't consistent from card to card. On some cards I would have to click on the right edge of the card to get it to go onto the pile. On other cards, I would have to click on the left edge of the card to get it to move onto the pile. Still other cards responded only when I clicked more in the center of them. WHAAAATT? ? ? ? Quite confusing trying to figure out exactly what area on which each card needed to be clicked to respond!!! I don't think I've ever played a game that was so irritating in that regard.

The cursor problem is so distracting and irritating that I never did feel I was able to fully enjoy and understand the various features this unique game has to offer... even after playing 44 minutes of the demo. Usually by that time, I'm REALLY "into" the game and have an understanding about the workings of it. But the "touchy cursor" situation made it impossible for me to give it a fair evaluation. It seems like something I'd enjoy... but without a "fix" for the cursor issue, I keep feeling I'd end up being sorry if I purchased it... or sorry I'd wasted a coupon on it if I used one of the ones I have.

Does anyone have answers for a "fix" for the cursor issue? I have hundreds of Big Fish Games and the cursor doesn't behave like that in any of the others.

Classicaljazz

madstitcher54
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by madstitcher54 on Aug 4, 14 10:24 AM
Has anybody had trouble shutting down this game? There seems to be no "quit" on the play screen or the settings screen or anyplace else I could find. Esc didn't work. I tried shutting it down with the task master and I wouldn't shut down. I tried to uninstall but was told that it was still running.
Finally, had to restate my computer to get it to stop running. Then uninstalled it.

MY ADVICE--DO NOT INSTALL THIS GAME. It is a silly one and why pay for solitaire and a game that "gums up the works."

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Aug 4, 14 10:32 AM
EDIT TO MY PREVIOUS POST (I tried to edit my last post but there wasn't room to do it. So, I am doing it here.)

After I posted the previous entry above, I thought I'd see what happened if I re-entered the game and selected a different cursor. I did just that. I switched from the "system cursor" I had been using before to the small size custom cursor. Then I went into the game and started playing it.

EVERYTHING WORKED PERFECTLY FOR ME WITH THE SMALL SIZE CUSTOM CURSOR. YAY!!!! No more problems with getting the cards or game functions to work as they should. I could click anywhere on a selected card and it would move to the pile. And when I placed my cursor on a function and clicked, it would respond as it should.

I'm considering getting this game with a coupon now!!

Happy gaming everyone!

Classicaljazz

letseat
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by letseat on Aug 4, 14 2:52 PM
To anyone having the same problem as classicaljazz, I started with the small cursor and had the same problem. I also went back to the game, I check the stretch display and the game is now working..TY classicaljazz I was also going crazy!lol

[Post New]by desktopgaming on Aug 4, 14 3:14 PM
Hi peeps!

Yep, there does seem to be a little buglet crept in there. It seems that if you use the system pointer, AND run in full screen but NOT in stretched mode, then this bit of oddness happens.

So for now, either run in fullscreen AND stretched mode, or...
run in windowed mode, or...
use one of the custom pointers.

Thanks for noticing.

Dave
Desktop Gaming

Edited on 08/05/2014 at 10:59:20 AM PST

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Aug 4, 14 4:33 PM
desktopgaming wrote:Hi

You get to play cards until Max's Mojo runs out - indicated below the foundation card.

Once it's run out the level is over, even if there are cards remaining on the stack.

hope this helps!

Dave
Desktop Gaming
I feel like a dunce where's my cap ty ty Dave

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Aug 4, 14 10:48 PM
CAN'T GET PAST FIRST PICTURE!!!

The game downloaded fine/I chose settings...and then the game won't play any further than the picture of the detective in the chair. The screen moves to the right..and freezes right there! I clicked on the CHECK/ and the arrow...game won't move.

Freezes right there; I have to use Task Manager to close out of the game.

HOPE THERE IS AN ANSWER!! Game Looks like fun.

OnWisc

[Post New]by pyramidblue on Aug 9, 14 2:35 PM
Three times I have gotten to level 5, and every time it returns me to level 2. Does the story end at level 5? Was I supposed to do something else? I don't see anyone else having this problem. I have tried to uninstall and re-install, but it acts the same. Any other advise?

[Post New]by OhioCrazyCatLady on Aug 9, 14 7:12 PM
I am having the same problem. The game goes back to level 2. Very frustrating!

beckykay
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by beckykay on Aug 12, 14 7:25 PM
I get kicked back to level two after level five every single time. I've played if oodles and oodles of times and the same thing happens. So then I tried going to the challenge mode, rather than story mode. Cannot get past level 1. Plays over and over and over. Even though I've met the criteria for moving on to the next level. I like this game, it's fun to play, but I need to make some progress. I cannot continue to play on repeat. There's something seriously wrong with this game! I regret my purchase - it's a game that is not playable!!!

seeme278
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by seeme278 on Aug 17, 14 11:54 AM
pyramidblue wrote:Three times I have gotten to level 5, and every time it returns me to level 2. Does the story end at level 5? Was I supposed to do something else? I don't see anyone else having this problem. I have tried to uninstall and re-install, but it acts the same. Any other advise?

The same thing keeps happening to me -- three times now.

[Post New]by fkramona on Aug 17, 14 7:18 PM
I am unable to successfully load the game after activating it. I get the following: Error Access violation 0x00666A568 (tried to read 0x00000084) program terminated. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times and I have the same problems. The game tries to load but can't.

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Sep 1, 14 8:43 PM
I think I'm on the 12th level. All of a sudden there are no green or yellow direction buttons & NONE is written where it usually tells you what the next objective is. How am I suppose to continue the game????

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Sep 18, 14 5:09 AM
Just an annoying quirk: If I have an Amazon Prime Instant video open and paused, it will start to play when I open this game. I haven't noticed this with other games, and it doesn't seem to do this if I'm watching something on Hulu...

Go to: