Paying For Bonus Diamonds

[Post New]by wrinklyoldplayer on Aug 4, 14 4:54 AM
I really enjoyed the early monument builders games. Titanic, Eiffel Tower and Colosseum.

Since Great Wall of China and now Alcatraz, you cannot get a gold level without using the bonuses. I have tried for hours and failed every time. I watched youtube videos how to earn gold and all had to use the bonuses, that now you have to purchase once you get to a specific level of the game.

You cannot win gold unless you use the bonus.

And if you run out of diamonds you have to buy extra.

I think this is wrong and this started in Great Wall of China and now it's worse in Alcatraz

You should be able to achieve gold without using any bonuses if you work hard at a level.

This is my last purchase from these guys and I implore you all to follow me and boycott this developer if you think as I do.

zara137
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

Re:Paying For Bonus Diamonds

[Post New]by zara137 on Aug 6, 14 2:02 PM
@wrinkly: I'm with you. At first I did not even realize you could purchase the gems and then to save money or points or whatever, I replayed levels to get them free. But that got boring. I did great until Level 24 when even with the bonuses, the 3 stars were hard to get. I don't know why they thought players would like that. Many of these monument games are full of glitches. There was one I never finished because of it. I like them, but not sure it's worth the hassle at this point.

msfelvis
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by msfelvis on Aug 8, 14 8:47 AM
I'm with you both on this series, getting really maddening that you have to use all these gems to get gold. Probably the last one I would buy as well!!

I didn't realize that you can purchase gems until I read your posts. Thanks!

However, do you know what exactly do you purchase the gems with? Real money or points or whatever?

Thanks!

adinah
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by adinah on Aug 28, 14 9:38 PM
I ordered diamonds when asked because no price was listed and no purchase screen came up. I thought it was a "virtual" purchase as one of the forum members said it was. If it was a charge like in the so-called free to play, I will be seriously upset. Terms should be stated upfront....

adinah
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by adinah on Aug 29, 14 12:07 PM
As of mid-afternoon of the next day, I have received no message that a charge was levied by Big Fish for the gems to keep trying for 3 stars. I will let the people who are wondering what happens - if a charge shows up without a receipt on my gaming credit card, customer service will certainly hear about it.

adinah
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by adinah on Sep 17, 14 9:35 AM
I promised to let people know if I was charged - I was not. It allowed me to keep trying and trying to get 3 stars on all levels because I did not have to die of boredom (replaying early levels to earn stars.)
A really smart choice for the developer because I gave up on Great Wall of China too hard to get enough gems at the end - and said I would not buy later games if it was not possible to play until I succeeded. Now I will keep looking at their games.

Go to: