I have a techie question (not a problem)

[Post New]by hair_teeth_iball on Aug 4, 14 5:12 PM
As some are aware, K-d is having issues. In attempting to resolve them (yes, there's a ticket in for restore) I've been diddling around in the appdata folder.
My question, for those familiar with the DM appdata and have multiple manors, is how has the new account management option affected the files. Is there still only one dmsave for the whole shebang or does each manor have its own data?

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

Re:I have a techie question (not a problem)

[Post New]by moosetracker on Aug 4, 14 5:25 PM
I don't know, how.. But I am pretty sure whatever changes were made to hold multiple manors is new info in the DM Game file.. I did say this before, but this is a good place to repeat it.. If you back up your DM game folder, you want to do a new backup copy after this update.. It really would be a good idea to refresh that backup folder with a fresh copy anytime DM does an update that causes us to load down new game software..

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Aug 4, 14 5:36 PM
G'day hair_teeth_iball,

I'd echo Moosetracker's sentiments here, and suggest a back-up, just in case,
If the games aren't linked via Facebook, it would be the best thing to do before messing with AppData.

Looking at my own folders, it looks like there is only one file, so each game must have a section of that.

On the plus side, if you're able to make a note of the user id for the games in question before making adjustments - on the advice of Customer Support ideally - we should be able to locate the game in the system for you.

bfgMurrumbidgee

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Aug 4, 14 5:42 PM
by bfgMurrumbidgee on August 4, 5:36 PM
G'day hair_teeth_iball,

If the games aren't linked via Facebook, it would be the best thing to do before messing with AppData.

I back up all my FTP games on a external usb flash drive. I do this at the first of the month, and the middle of the month. I also have a word doc. on there with all my game id's. That way if my comp should crash I have everything I would need to contact CS, or If I had to load it on a new system.

[Post New]by Lambchop_1 on Aug 4, 14 6:00 PM
HoosierAmy wrote:Re:I have a techie question (not a problem)
G'day hair_teeth_iball,

I back up all my FTP games on a external usb flash drive. I do this at the first of the month, and the middle of the month. I also have a word doc. on there with all my game id's. That way if my comp should crash I have everything I would need to contact CS, or If I had to load it on a new system.

Hi HoosierAmy,

Since you do this on a regular basis, can I send you PM to get details on how it is done. I play on both PC windows 7 and windows 8. Any help would be appreciated.

[Post New]by hair_teeth_iball on Aug 4, 14 8:52 PM
Thanks. I do have back-ups of both K-d and EoM and I haven't, yet, done more than look at the files. I think the .sav file is corrupted for K-d as it wants to start a new game (new DM# and all), though the DLC for K-d seems to all be there. EoM was a game
whose appdata I recovered from a now dead laptop. I replaced the K-d data with it and, though it's a couple months old, it updated and came right up.
CS has a ticket open for K-d as of this morning. Hopefully it can be restored; I had FINALLY won a skelly.

jheaton1
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by jheaton1 on Aug 5, 14 3:21 AM
HoosierAmy wrote:Re:I have a techie question (not a problem)
G'day hair_teeth_iball,

sorry to bombard you with requests but I would also like to know how to back my game up-on Windows 7

I can PM you if you prefer?

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Aug 5, 14 9:24 AM
G'day,

There is a post in the Dark Manor 101 thread that explains how to get to the folders where your data is stored.

When you see the Dark Manor folder, you should be able to right-click the folder, choose copy and then paste that copy to the desktop or other location of your choosing.

I hope this helps.

bfgMurrumbidgee

Edited on 08/05/2014 at 9:25:01 AM PST

Go to: