tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

The Spider, the Bone and the Coin

[Post New]by tookat on Aug 6, 14 6:37 PM
snicker....sounds like the title of a Narnia book.

NO SERIOUSLY folks.....I need help.
I keep trying to get the bone and the coin from the circling spider (ugh) because hint keeps sending me there as "what to do next.

but, I have not found a tool to dig up the bone or pick up the coin.

This is what I have in inventory:
A Fly
An Awl
A photo of the son
A photo of the Daughter.

I keep trying to give the fly to the spider, but that is either the wrong move or I am doing something wrong

Help!

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

Re:The Spider, the Bone and the Coin

[Post New]by tammytheo on Aug 6, 14 9:01 PM
tookat, guess who?! I swear, this is purely a coincidence! LOL!

Ok, I think I have given away enough spoilers for this game already so please, highlight to read: You can pick up the coin by using the awl. A little later, you'll acquire the gardening trowel with which you can dig out the bone.

I'm sorry about the spider. It looks like almost every single game has at least one spider in it... Or a snake! Apart from that, the game is very enjoyable. I actually played it twice!

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Aug 7, 14 6:05 PM
Thank you Tammy....
I will have to try that tool again......which I must have used in the wrong location, and I will just be patient until I find a prober digging tool for the other.

sigh.....spiders!
why does it have to be spiders?

[Post New]by Yintski on Aug 8, 14 12:18 PM
Frogs like flies too!

firehorsecos
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by firehorsecos on Aug 10, 14 12:18 PM
[quote I'm sorry about the spider. It looks like almost every single game has at least one spider in it... Or a snake! Apart from that, the game is very enjoyable. I actually played it twice!

As an arachnophobe - and a MEGA one (from a family of them) - I know I am super sensitive to spotting them. But I have yet to purchase ONE SINGLE HIDDEN OBJECT GAME that doesn't have at least one spider in it SOMEWHERE. And I have around 500 of them. Can you Devs possibly give it a rest with the blasted spiders? Please?

Firehorse

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Aug 10, 14 4:43 PM
I work very hard at not looking directly at the spiders.
Usually it helps and I can get through that particular sequence.....because I would hate to miss out on a good game because of my phobia.

Lately, I have had a spate of spider attacks......literally.......a spider dive bombed my head from the ceiling.....another was in my bed and kept trying to go toward me instead of away......etc.
Suddenly, after having to kill those RL spiders, the ones in the games, don't bother me as much.

But, yes....Devs, dear, lovely Devs.....a spider moratorium please!
Maybe a scorpion moratorium......too many arachnids.

firehorsecos
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by firehorsecos on Aug 11, 14 6:55 PM
I had one pin me in the shower. Every time I tried to step out, she would drop down in front of me. I would step back and blow on her, and she would climb back up. I would try to step out, she would immediately drop down in front of me again. This went on for several minutes. Finally I bellowed for my husband to come rescue me. He came in, scooped her up with some toilet paper and flushed her down the toilet. He isn't fond of them either, but we have a deal. He protects me from spiders; I protect him from mice and snakes. Since mice and snakes don't bother at all - in fact I have had both of them as pets in the past - I consider this a great bargain.

Firehorse

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Aug 12, 14 5:25 AM
Lol!
Good deal!
My ex, may he never darken my door ever again, actually stopped killing spiders OR taking them out of the house when he realized how terrified of them I was.
He said if I wanted them dead or gone, I had to do it.

We had a nest of spiders hatch somewhere near the bed....another near the couch, another near the dining table.
Guess who got several spider bites from mite sized spiders?
and me? Not a one!
It was karma....pure and unadulterated karma getting him back asap for being so callously cruel.

and here I am, some 13 or 14 years later (I don't do math well) and having to learn on my own to kill the devilish beasts.
Your shower story is kind of like how the one that rushed me in bed was like....
I had nothing I could do, except kill it.

Go to: