puzzleguy
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

4.2 Gold Expert

[Post New]by puzzleguy on Aug 7, 14 6:21 AM
This level was hard. Until I stopped using any extra workers and only used time stopper. Also do not convert gold mine to 3rd level. Just collect the 2 every time immediately.

Edited on 08/07/2014 at 10:11:27 AM PST

mbmb6868
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

Re:4.2 Gold Expert

[Post New]by mbmb6868 on Aug 7, 14 7:48 PM
This is the only one I can't get gold on. I've tried every which way I can think of and always come up short.

Ahh, the power of posting. Gave it another shot and just made it. Thanks for the tip on not upgrading the mine. I did use the extra man bonus though.

Edited on 08/07/2014 at 7:58:02 PM PST

hzrwfw
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by hzrwfw on Aug 9, 14 7:16 AM
I did it differently -- upgraded the mine to 3 before doing anything else (only filled the pit to the right, otherwise cleared and held onto wood until I got it there). With a mine on 3, get the supplies from the ship as often as you can.

I only used time stop, never extra guy. Never used the gold pile.

[Post New]by latkah1 on Aug 14, 14 4:45 PM
I read all the tags. I still can't get the expert level. Any other person's advice to get through this level?

angelfiche
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by angelfiche on Aug 16, 14 6:13 AM
Me too Latkah, I still cant get gold on expert despite the above advice, glad it's not just me! I've tried every which way but this level keeps out-foxing me. It was dead easy on normal mode, I should have stayed there where I was smugly comfortable, but oh no, I wanted the stars AND the moon

[Post New]by carrmcl on Aug 22, 14 3:54 PM
Yeah no luck for me either. Dozens of tries with and without level 3 goldmine. Sometimes close but usually not even that close. Toughest by far. Only this and 4.7 to get gold.

Mushb
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Mushb on Jan 15, 15 9:51 AM
HELPPP!! No matter what I do I can not finish with 3 stars. Read all the posts and I still run out of time. Any ideas??

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Feb 11, 15 5:54 AM
hzrwfw wrote:I did it differently -- upgraded the mine to 3 before doing anything else (only filled the pit to the right, otherwise cleared and held onto wood until I got it there). With a mine on 3, get the supplies from the ship as often as you can.

I only used time stop, never extra guy. Never used the gold pile.

This was hard. I finally got it and beat developer's record by upgrading mine to 3 as soon as possible. For food and wood, I used ship to collect wood, the bottom berry bush and chopped all the trees on except those on the lower right side. I did this because I found that collecting food from the other bushes took to long for the guys to get from the house to the bush and back.

Once I was at level 3 gold mine, I worked my way up to bridge that connects the island with the gold lever. Once at bridge, I filled left pit and moved boulder to get extra gold. I used Pause bonus during this time, (twice I think). I ignored everything to the lower right (did not fill lower right pit).

Once I had bridge built, lever pushed, I had nearly 20 food. This is where I used the extra guy bonus to chop all the trees on the upper island where the ship is built. After that I just kept collecting gold and wood from ship, food from bottom left berry bush (maybe from ship once or twice) and used the Pause Bonus once more.

I made it with a surprising amount of time left. Hope this helps!

If anyone can better explain 4.1 to me I'd be most appreciative. I am so stuck on that one, despite following the directions in the related post. Thanks!

Go to: