enfieldlady
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

Spot the difference

[Post New]by enfieldlady on Aug 7, 14 9:06 AM
I really hate the spot the difference puzzles, I get no enjoyment from them at all. Hopefully any new update will have far fewer of them

Re:Spot the difference

[Post New]by nautilis123 on Aug 7, 14 10:04 AM
Funny, they are my favorite.

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Aug 7, 14 4:54 PM
I didn't much care for them at first...still my least favorite. But after playing them a few times it does get better. My main beef with them is, in another game I play that has the spot the difference you can click on the area that it is not in, and it still counts. But in this game you have to go to the screen that it is at to click it...most tiresome.....

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 7, 14 6:43 PM
I love "Spot the Difference" games, and there are far too few in games these days - if any at all - because so many players have complaint about them in the past, but not enough players raised their voices to say that they do like them, but kept quiet instead.

So I was very happy to see those STD in the HOS.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Aug 7, 14 7:51 PM
I like them too, if nothing else, it's a change of pace from the HO scenes. But I am so horrible at spotting the differences. Something can be right in front of me and I'll miss it, must be a brain thing.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 7, 14 11:14 PM
I know, it's spooky. I look and look and look, and then the Hint tells me that it's right there where I have been looking all along, but didn't see it. Downright spooky...

BoutjeFedankt
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by BoutjeFedankt on Aug 8, 14 1:53 AM
I like them for a change in gameplay, it's funny how sometimes you oversee the bleeding obvious, but that goes for the "normal" scenes also. It seemes often to me that how bigger the object is the more you overlook them.

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Aug 8, 14 8:46 AM
I still have to use a hint on them occasionally, but as I progress in the scenes I learn what items are "inserted", if you will, so that we can click on them. When I get a STD puzzle now, I click on every object on the left side that I know can appear on a list, then do the same on the right, counting as I go. Then I move the puzzle all the way over and repeat the process with the second screen. If I don't have everything, I'll move it into the overlap area in the middle, as it's easy to miss items there, and I'm not convinced that the entire middle of the full image shows up if you move the screen all the way to the left and then to the right.
I'm using a lot fewer hints than I did when I started.
Remember that your eyes "fill in the blanks", so it's easy to "see" something in the second image that was in the first even if it's not there. That's why I try to do each half of the screen completely separately.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 8, 14 6:56 PM
I also start at the left, and then move little by little to the right. I find that this works best for me. If I go all the way to the right straight away, and then attack the middle, I am bound to miss something. So I just move a little at a time, and when I have reached the end of the right side, I go the same way back to the left.

Tee_Rex
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Tee_Rex on Aug 9, 14 9:24 AM
funny. that's how i do it too.
slowly from left to right, and then back from the right to the left.
still sometimes after that i stay there staring at the scene and wondering what could i possibly have overlooked, and then do it all again.
most of the times i don't have any hint to use (now that i got 10 from Dupin i'm using them very sparingly, but before that i was loooong time without ANY), so it's find it or find it. no other option. LOL

Go to: