Edited on 08/08/2014 at 7:46:56 AM PST

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Beyond the Unknown: A Matter of Time here

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Aug 8, 14 7:46 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Beyond the Unknown: A Matter of Time here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Beyond the Unknown: A Matter of Time.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgWendwater

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Aug 8, 14 1:27 PM
AussieMoo wrote:...the whole storyline collapsed on itself, the map was useless, the puzzles had very poor instructions & I had no clue what I was doing or why I was doing it (and I like to think I'm not stupid, have been playing BF games a while now) & just ended up clicking Skip or Hint the whole time.

My thoughts exactly.

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Not a new release for those who bought the CE.

[Post New]by pgillenw on Aug 8, 14 2:04 PM
I do wish BF would at least tell is something like 'the long awaited standard version final;y here". Would save those of us who were stupid enough to purchase the CE earlier a lot of trouble. If my memory is correct this was a pretty good game. The strategy guide not necessary especially since the walk through is available for free and easily searchable with the browser.

I think for those of us hungry for new HO games the CE versions are looking less and less inviting.

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

Not a new release for those who bought the CE.

[Post New]by divaprods on Aug 9, 14 12:04 PM
pgillenw wrote:I do wish BF would at least tell is something like 'the long awaited standard version final;y here". Would save those of us who were stupid enough to purchase the CE earlier a lot of trouble. If my memory is correct this was a pretty good game. The strategy guide not necessary especially since the walk through is available for free and easily searchable with the browser.

I think for those of us hungry for new HO games the CE versions are looking less and less inviting.

Agreed. I usually find the Bonus games short but not sweet and I never look at the other stuff. Most games these days have wonderful hints if you get stuck so I hardly ever use the Guides

[Post New]by bettyterry63 on Aug 9, 14 9:56 PM
roaming wrote:
AussieMoo wrote:...the whole storyline collapsed on itself, the map was useless, the puzzles had very poor instructions & I had no clue what I was doing or why I was doing it (and I like to think I'm not stupid, have been playing BF games a while now) & just ended up clicking Skip or Hint the whole time.

My thoughts exactly.

myskippy
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by myskippy on Aug 11, 14 10:32 AM
boring, boring, looks like a really old ERS game. You had to click on the hidden objects in an exact spot, or you could not get it. Map was useless.Sorry, ERS this one is a loser

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Aug 17, 14 12:58 PM
Based on completed game:

I had beta-tested this one and clearly, the feedback didn't reflect in any way.

The GPS-style map, IMO, was a total letdown in this game made worse by the story. The map was so hard to see let alone spot available actions. Why, ERS why?

The game started off very well on all fronts; characters, story and game play and promised to be engaging.......until "The Shore". After that point, the story just didn't flow as well. As if this game was designed by 2-3 different teams not all on the same page! Too bad.....as an ERS fan, I expected lots more fun and intrigue.

That said, each scene/location had their typical good to great artwork. All the HOGs were clear. Some of the puzzles could have used better/clearer directions. It's not a bad game at all; just not up to ERS' usual high standard. Because the hint and skip button became a frequent feature, only 2.5 out of 5.

neola
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

I give up!

[Post New]by neola on Aug 22, 14 4:49 PM
I bought the SE and I'm extremely glad I did since it means I've lost less. I've been stuck on the stupid galaxy stars puzzle for a week and even the walkthru isn't helping. THIS IS NOT FUN! And if there's a skip button, I can't find it. So I don't really care what comes next. I'm going to uninstall it and save what's left of my sanity. And, yes, I agree totally with the comments about the puzzle instructions being less than clear and the cursor having to be in just the exact right location or everything is a no-go.

Go to: