ThomAndJerry
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Stone Feather

[Post New]by ThomAndJerry on Aug 8, 14 9:26 AM
I am stuck in the game and cannot go forward. According to the guide I need the stone feather which is obtained by playing a hog scene. Not only is there no hog to play, but the area it is in, is now locked.

What am I supposed to do now? Clicking on the hint button does nothing.

Edited on 08/08/2014 at 9:27:21 AM PST

ThomAndJerry
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Stone Feather

[Post New]by ThomAndJerry on Aug 8, 14 10:46 AM
Anybody?

[Post New]by murray32 on Aug 9, 14 10:20 AM
Hi, I am not going to be any help to you, cause I am stuck here as well! I have a feeling that I am going to have to start the game over. If I figure it out, I will let you know.

LEOTA26
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by LEOTA26 on Aug 9, 14 1:13 PM
I am sorry that so many people are having a hard time with the locked areas. And I don't want to seem rude, so don't take this the wrong way. I do not think this is a tech issue per se. I have played the whole game through twice now and didn't have one problem anywhere.

I know that once you put the snake thing on the crypt door that one area becomes unavailable, so you need to go through all your scenes beforehand to make sure you got all your stuff. I play on casual by the way and don't know if the harder modes don't show active areas. A good way to keep track of when an area is going to lock up is that it usually happens not long after you place one of those ruin rock things on the column.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Aug 9, 14 4:38 PM
It is a tech issue because I can't get the worm. I've gone past that point, the road is closed with boulders and I can't go back. I can't go back and I can't go forward. The map is useless and the hint button can't do anything. That level shouldn't be locked until you've done everything you need to do.

Edited on 08/09/2014 at 4:38:54 PM PST

Southla
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Southla on Aug 9, 14 7:20 PM
I am also stuck and need an item (a bead) for the statue in the crypt. That item is now in a Hidden Object scene that cannot be accessed anymore.

It seems to me that this is a very linear game and that if actions are not taken in the exact order that the game was designed, well, you're out of luck.

We cannot guess ahead of time which areas will become unavailable so trying to anticipate it is pointless.

I have emailed BIG FISH yesterday concerning this issue but so far, I have not heard from them. I must admit I am a little disappointed.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Aug 9, 14 8:14 PM
Playing on a MacBook Pro 10.8.5.

It's definitely tech, trust me. Areas of the game that once were accessible are now locked. There are no active areas on the map and hint does nothing. I believe I may have placed the fresco on the lunar altar before I was supposed to and now I have no other actions. All I have in inventory is a panther figurine and a pack of matches. I cannot access the part of the game where I am supposed to get the stone feather.

This is the second game I have purchased in ONE DAY where progress has been fatally halted to do a technical flaw. This is unconscionable Big Fish! WTH?

P.S. Is this only happening to Mac gamers or are some of you on PCs too?

Edited on 08/09/2014 at 8:37:32 PM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Aug 9, 14 8:35 PM
Dear MODERATOR, before you lock this thread because it is full of tech issues, please note that we would not create new threads for tech issues if we received adequate attention in the designated tech thread. Please address this issue before you blindly lock it down. Thank you.

ushina
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by ushina on Aug 10, 14 7:16 AM
LEOTA26 wrote:I am sorry that so many people are having a hard time with the locked areas. And I don't want to seem rude, so don't take this the wrong way. I do not think this is a tech issue per se. I have played the whole game through twice now and didn't have one problem anywhere.

I know that once you put the snake thing on the crypt door that one area becomes unavailable, so you need to go through all your scenes beforehand to make sure you got all your stuff. I play on casual by the way and don't know if the harder modes don't show active areas. A good way to keep track of when an area is going to lock up is that it usually happens not long after you place one of those ruin rock things on the column.

And how on earth did you know that those areas will become unavailable since that never happened in any game and there was no warning either.....
I am not prepared to start that game over again, since I never play a game twice.
If it is as you say and not a tech problem, then they better create a patch to open these areas again.

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Aug 10, 14 8:09 AM
LEOTA26 wrote:I am sorry that so many people are having a hard time with the locked areas. And I don't want to seem rude, so don't take this the wrong way. I do not think this is a tech issue per se. I have played the whole game through twice now and didn't have one problem anywhere.

Okay, if it isnt a tech issue, then perhaps we'll have to call it a glitch or a flaw...or just a poor design of the game. Either way it needs to be fixed.
I too cannot go further as i need the stone feather. I have no interest in replaying the game.
Very disappointing.

[Post New]by maryah1974 on Aug 10, 14 1:31 PM
Totally agree with the above. I don't want to play the game over and there was no warning these areas would be blocked. Given that the map directed me to the door area and the only thing left was to put the snake in the door when I didn't have everything I needed to move forward, it is a technical issue.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Aug 11, 14 5:44 AM
I played it again and now I have the stone feather, but now I don't have the bead and I can't go back. And I was very careful, but like Maryah, the map sent me to the door with the snake, so that's where I went. And the remark about well, you chose to play in hard mode was really uncalled for imo. Since when are you penalized for challenging yourself rather than taking the easy way out?

bobhillman
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by bobhillman on Aug 11, 14 9:02 AM
I actually got the stone feather (I assume it's the one that goes on the bird at the left of the crypt) and placed it, put the fish, ribbons and arrow on the statue, and now I'm left with matches and a panther fig. Map has no active locations, and hint no longer works, if that's not a tech issue, then I don't know what is.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Aug 11, 14 1:44 PM
Did you get the bead? Because if you didn't, then that's why you're stuck.

bobhillman
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by bobhillman on Aug 11, 14 2:03 PM
Yeah,I got the bead, but not the round emblem. I don't think I've ever played a game where certain areas are locked off before you have collected all the items you need to complete the game. I still think it's a programming fault.

Edited on 08/11/2014 at 2:04:53 PM PST

tottiemc
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by tottiemc on Aug 12, 14 1:28 PM
I am playing this game on a pc,and i am having the exact same problem. i have the box of matches and the panther figurine, but am unable to go were i need to go to get the stone feather. i am locked out of the relevant areas. so many games lately having so many glitches. if the games were cheap i would not mind as much. but nearly £11 for one game, and only being able to play half way through, is so annoying and frustrating. may be time to find a new game supplier if big fish cant offer bug fee games, or at least lower the price.

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Aug 15, 14 10:15 AM
I am stuck, too, without the feather.

Go to: