basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

Last update question

[Post New]by basmith12 on Aug 8, 14 2:59 PM
could someone please answer this question for me? Is the last update a repeat of the previous one? Meaning is each quest duplicated? I am at level 35 and have found that each person's quest asks for the exact same quest twice for each quest. Please know that I do not mind the duplicate quests, going to same locations, or many other repetitive things BUT with these duplicate quests, having to go for the same quests twice before moving on to the next quest, this practically stops the game for me and have to leave the game, wait for recharge and come back. I can play all scenes through and still have to wait approx. 30 minutes or so for the scene to recharge in order to move forward, only to find the next quest is a duplicate and same time required. I know this has to be hard for players who are unable to play the game as often as some due to having to work and having a life outside the castle. I am disabled and have played this game from the very beginning and with exception of past week, I have played the game daily for a minimum of eight hours a day and have built enormous inventory and coins, only to be now be gone. I do not mind using inventory but have became frustrated with game and do not want to give it up (espec for wonderful gifting friends) and truly enjoyed the game but it is no fun anymore. Just wondering if the double quests are continued in last update, I am about half way through level 35 and do not look forward to three more levels of this. If and when I give it up, I will continue to gift until all is gone that is useful to others. I closed my second game (Addi) at level 26 some time back and have almost gifted out everything I had there. Thanking you in advance for and info regarding this and THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE for your kindness and consideration in sending me many wonderful and helpful gifts. God Bless and Happy Gaming
Mammaw 9386

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Re:Last update question

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Aug 8, 14 3:12 PM
I'm sorry to say that each Character will often ask for 2 or more of each item. There are quite a few quests in levels 35 and 36 that they may only need one. But in Level 37 to Level 38 every quest will be 2 or more each of what they want.

If you're seeing double it's not your eyesight. That's seems to be the new normal now.

Sincerely,
Silver Hawk

basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by basmith12 on Aug 8, 14 3:28 PM
silver_hawk wrote:I'm sorry to say that each Character will often ask for 2 or more of each item. There are quite a few quests in levels 35 and 36 that they may only need one. But in Level 37 to Level 38 every quest will be 2 or more each of what they want.

If you're seeing double it's not your eyesight. That's seems to be the new normal now.

Sincerely,
Silver Hawk
Thank you so much for your response to my question. I do not want to sound negative and in no way to discourage other players. I probably need a break from these games for awhile. This is the first time from the beginning of this game, including all the time I spent with the infamous bow figurine and six paws, that I have became totally frustrated. Think I may just remove my wish list and allow myself to simmer down a little before trying to go further. I have almost two pages of steno paper in gifting to catch up to any way. Thanks again for the info and hopefully I will start to enjoy the game as much as before. I also have at least four other ftp games waiting for updates, so probably my mind is telling me that I need a break before I blow it LOL

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Aug 8, 14 3:35 PM
I have completed the new update and yes, many of the quests ask for 2 or even 3 of some items. I am not sure why so many players who have been playing for so long do not have a large inventory of these items, most of the items from the lower level, short of maybe a few that I had used for Daily Quests or gifting I had plenty to make it thru this update. The only time I was slowed down at all was waiting for the new HOS to recharge...but I try to play those slower until I get through an update...then I will play them quickly cause I would rather have the higher coins longer. If I had one suggestion to players is to never sell your items that open a chest, save them even if it is 100's of them cause you never know when you will need them.

I know that many players have a limited amount of time to play this game and can not build an inventory and it would get frustrating to wait for recharge, but that is where people might feel they would want to use diamonds and I am sure that is what the developers are hoping, although this is free to play...they want to make money from the game....and if no one ever bought diamonds or coins we wouldnt have a game at all. This is however truly a free to play game, you can play every HOS every hour with no cost to you...but players also have to understand that if you choose to totally play for free you are going to have to have frustrations of waiting for recharges...it is the game! They cannot make it simple or easy to get finished and make it fun fun fun with no hope for players to spend real money.

It isnt like if you do not get to the end of an update tomorrow or the next day you are going to miss anything...the one thing I have learned with this game based on the forum is that this type of game is not everyones cup of tea...perhaps a break or a slow down is in order for players suffering burn out. I for one enjoy this game a lot, but I will also get bored searching the same scenes over and over, so I will take a break here and there and miss it, come back and do more inventory building, and I set goals for myself to keep me interested.

So hang in there or take a small break...it might make a big difference as we can all go through those moments of disappointment, frustration, etc. and a little pep talk helps!!!

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Aug 8, 14 4:09 PM
A lot of people, including myself, who have been playing this game since January do not have a large inventory because, possibly, due to other commitments, are unable to play for 8 - 10 hours per day. (original poster who has made similar comments in another forum)

Even though I am retired, I still have things to do both inside & outside the home. I also spend time with local friends, help them out when they have interstate visitors, which often means going round the local tourist sights or 2 - 3 night stays away. I also have my own visitors to deal with, which means no time to play. I'm not playing for the next week because of the current crop of visitors, which means accompanying them to the ChocFest, down the East Cost to Port Arthur etc. Not back home then until next Friday, day to catch up then work on the shed.

Doubt if I'll even have time to come to the forums. When I come back I will be closing two of my games

This may answer some queries, or not, as the case may be.

Trixie Belle

Edited on 08/08/2014 at 4:10:50 PM PST

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Aug 8, 14 4:38 PM
I am finding this update less repetitive than the previous one.

Yes repetition of items for quests- but they seem to flow on ok.

The last update took me a few days of solid playing to get through- i am going through this update much faster- I am being slowed down now due to running out of both the red and green stamps.

basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by basmith12 on Aug 8, 14 5:42 PM
I was only asking for the info for my own decision making on this game and I so hope that I did not discourage anyone else in the game because I too, have thoroughly enjoyed this game and it has kept me mentally and emotionally alive for the past six months or so as I said earlier and someone made note of this, I realize everyone does not and cannot play the game for hours on end as I. Believe me when I say, I so wish I could be doing other things at will but as I also stated earlier feel so blessed with what I am able to do and God knows, no complaints here on that! I do not know exactly how the drops rate work, but I do not sell my items unless it was the ancestors spirit (or whatever is called) and have sold a few extra eggs after waiting weeks to try and give away (did not sell eggs until prev update) so and I would go in work a quest as far as would go, then would start at the begin where the bar tender is and play every scene through, then enter the other locations and play each scene through and this would usually leave approx. 25-30 min before recharging to start again, One thing, I did and do is I will gift any items even though I know they are common or will be needed soon, but am not complaining because I also receive these items and am aware by my great friends and what they gift that they are doing the same. THanks again for all your gifts. PLEASE KNOW THAT I AM IN NO WAY PUTTING DOWN OR DISCOURAGING THIS GAME. IT IS AWESOME AND SO BEAUTIFUL, I ONLY HAD A QUESTION ON THE CURRENT UPDATE.

GogaO
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by GogaO on Aug 8, 14 6:11 PM
Bedazzles wrote: many of the quests ask for 2 or even 3 of some items.

I hate that because it is VERY boring. It is not more a good game but something mind-numbing.

xshoshin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
415 Posts

[Post New]by xshoshin on Aug 9, 14 6:47 PM
O.M.G. I thought I was at the end of the latest iOS update...more than halfway through level 34...when WHAM! there's Annabelle and Rudoguil with 8 more quests each!!! I've spent all my money, sold a lot of inventory, and am pretty worn out, but I WILL FINISH!

And when the new iOS update is released next week, I will just let it sit there a while, undownloaded, so I can build up inventory. I won't start it with less than $100,000, 250 diamonds, 40 unique stamps, and as many inventory items as I can possibly hoard.

And a break...I need a break. Starting right now, cheers!

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Aug 9, 14 6:53 PM
I hope you get a lotta green stamps, too. Every quest now requires 2 or 3 craftings and each crafting is taking 6 green stamps. Right now I need 18 green stamps to complete a quest.

Go to: