Please post your TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Cursed Castle Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Aug 9, 14 12:35 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 08/09/2014 at 6:22:10 AM PST

pasthymes1
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Cursed Castle Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by pasthymes1 on Aug 9, 14 4:18 AM
Have tried to download trial twice with no luck. tells me download error.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Cursed Castle Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Aug 9, 14 4:41 AM
pasthymes1 wrote:Have tried to download trial twice with no luck. tells me download error.

I've had problems getting some downloads to start if my Game Manager was open before starting the download. Now, I close the Game Manager then start the download. The Game Manager will open automatically & the download will start.

Try closing you Game Manager then start the download. It may work.

I'm not a tech expert but it's worth a try.

HTH

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by AussieMoo on Aug 9, 14 5:02 AM
Have found this game freezes a few times but alt+tab to something else, go back in & will behave itself again. Bit disappointing in a CE though.

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Aug 9, 14 6:23 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

[Post New]by Letitia_Morris on Aug 9, 14 6:34 AM
Game will not work. When i try to play it, This is what i get.

can not find import,DLL may be missing,corrupt,or wrong version
File "MSVCR 90.dll" error 126.
What should i do?

Eyereen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Eyereen on Aug 9, 14 7:00 AM
I really enjoyed trying out the demo until I reached to the HO in the girl's room.

But here is a bug with one of the lamp's crescents, not only in the way I couldn't pick it up to put it one the lamp but it also disappears altogether. When I use the hint button it reappears but still can't be placed on the lamp.

I've zoomed in and out of the HOG, still the same. I also un- and reinstalled, no change. What a shame, I really liked the game.

Just glad this happened during demoing and not after purchase as so often lately.

Oh, I forgot to mention I'm playing on a iMac...

Edited on 08/09/2014 at 11:50:31 AM PST

Frezo
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Frezo on Aug 9, 14 8:21 AM
I have exact the same problem as Eyereen, playing on the MAC.
I would love to buy the game, but as long as the bug is not fixed there is no use to buy it is not possible to play on.
What a pity.

Hope Bigfish will fix this soon.

[Post New]by but2730 on Aug 9, 14 8:57 AM
Bought the game immediately as was impressed and playing pc version, have reached 2nd floor and need to obtain stone feather after going around in circles have consulted strategy guide to find I have to lift bear skin but I cannot do this. I am sure I have already closed this area so assume that the feather did not move to inventory,cannot complete the game without this task completing, anyone else having same issues or can help.

Bee921
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by Bee921 on Aug 9, 14 9:09 AM
but2730 wrote:Bought the game immediately as was impressed and playing pc version, have reached 2nd floor and need to obtain stone feather after going around in circles have consulted strategy guide to find I have to lift bear skin but I cannot do this. I am sure I have already closed this area so assume that the feather did not move to inventory,cannot complete the game without this task completing, anyone else having same issues or can help.

I have the same problem. Hint won't help, & cannot go any further.

Edited on 08/09/2014 at 9:10:24 AM PST

Kirks
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by Kirks on Aug 9, 14 9:41 AM
I am having the same problem with the third crescent in the lamp in Jessie's room. Hope this will be fixed soon. I was really enjoying the game.

saxifraga
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by saxifraga on Aug 9, 14 10:38 AM
but2730 wrote:Bought the game immediately as was impressed and playing pc version, have reached 2nd floor and need to obtain stone feather after going around in circles have consulted strategy guide to find I have to lift bear skin but I cannot do this. I am sure I have already closed this area so assume that the feather did not move to inventory,cannot complete the game without this task completing, anyone else having same issues or can help.

I ran into the same problem. When i replayed with a second profile, I touched the bear skin as soon as I entered the room: success - the stone feather is there.
This seems to be a glitch, I'm afraid you will have to start over or wait for an update

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Aug 9, 14 10:46 AM
There have been a few times I hit the button for a hint. I hear the thing but there are no sparkles to show me a direction to go. This happened shortly after I opened the closet in the animal (game) room.

[Post New]by karonpatricia on Aug 9, 14 11:03 AM
Bee921 wrote:

I have the same problem. Hint won't help, & cannot go any further.

[Post New]by karonpatricia on Aug 9, 14 11:06 AM
i am also having the same problem with finding the stone feather. I have been in and out of the room and even tried using the hint button, but even that doesn't work. The SG tells me to look under/move the bear skin but this doesn't happen. Was really enjoying the game now cant go any further. looks like another wasted purchase...

lmhagood
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by lmhagood on Aug 9, 14 11:51 AM
So far, lots of glitches in this game and now I'm stuck, again. The first glitch is when you have to do a "spot the difference" on the painting of the man in the book. I had to restart under a new player because it would not let me pick the last difference which was the curtain. After restarting under a new name, I was able to pick all 10 differences without issue. Now I am stuck in the girl's room. After replacing the torn pictures from the girl's book, you get a cut scene, but now there is just a frozen picture of the chair cushion that the book was laying on. I can't exit the picture. Even we I leave the room, and return, the cushion picture is still there. It obstructs the painting so I cannot replace the frame pieces and do the safe puzzle with the mother's name, which is "Michelle". I'm not restating under another profile...too frustrating! I would suggest waiting to buy this game until some of these glitches are worked out. This could be a great game when they fix these issues.

I'm on a MacBook Pro. 10.9.4

Edited on 08/09/2014 at 11:52:17 AM PST

[Post New]by Janet12395 on Aug 9, 14 1:33 PM
I am also getting the picture of the chair cushion and am stuck after entering "Michelle"....is there a work around that someone has found??? I hate to start over again and then wind up in the same problem.

also on a Mac 10.9.4

Edited on 08/09/2014 at 3:45:37 PM PST

youreyes13
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by youreyes13 on Aug 9, 14 2:06 PM
Mac 10.9.4 user here. Also have the picture of the cushion that's frozen on the screen. Thursday's CE also is unplayable do to a glitch. This is getting ridiculous...I've purchased 2 CE's in 3 days and cannot play either of them!!!

Edited on 08/09/2014 at 2:33:56 PM PST

daisey88
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by daisey88 on Aug 9, 14 2:40 PM
Having same issue with crescent moon in little girl's room. Playing on a Macbook Pro 10.9.4

[Post New]by smith54sandy on Aug 9, 14 2:48 PM
same issue with the chair cushion. I uninstalled/reinstalled no change. Started over with a different profile same issue. If a fix doesn't appear in the next day or two going to get a refund. Hope the developers are monitoring this so they know. Doesn't anyone test these games first? Big Fish is getting really sloppy lately.

Go to: