Mother's Locket

[Post New]by djones55 on Aug 9, 14 4:23 PM
I'm playing on an iMac and cannot give the girl or the policeman in the van the locket....SG wasn't much help...game seems to have lots of glitches...should be retested and re-released. Any ideas on how to give the locket to either girl or policeman?

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

Re:Mother's Locket

[Post New]by swedane on Aug 9, 14 4:46 PM
As far as I remember you just hand it to her. If that doesn't work perhaps you need to zoom in!

It a terrific game, I hope you get it to work!

Finished the game + bonus chapter, and did NOT experience any of the "so called" glitches!

Playing on an early 2009 iMac, running OS X Mavericks. It's a bit slow, but gets the job done very nicely.

[Post New]by painteddragonfly on Aug 9, 14 5:43 PM
Playing on Windows, and can't give the locket to the child either. Practically flung it at her, no go. Can't zoom in, nothing. Nice game.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Aug 9, 14 10:42 PM
painteddragonfly wrote:Playing on Windows, and can't give the locket to the child either. Practically flung it at her, no go. Can't zoom in, nothing. Nice game.

Replayed the segment to see exactly what to look for when giving back the child's locket.
When holding the curser close to the child, the curser changes to rotating gears. That's the hot-spot (sort of speak), where you hand her back the locket. Same curser scenario throughout the game.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Aug 10, 14 7:04 AM
Same bug with handing over the locket.
Impossible, no spot/gears anywhere, very annoying; forced to start over as this bug makes a progression block.

Is a patch/fix coming?

[Win7U-64, i7, Nvidia, up-to-date, 12g ram]

[Post New]by TamzC2 on Aug 10, 14 12:29 PM
Same problem here - running on Windows 8.1 :-(

[Post New]by mephistopholes on Aug 10, 14 1:25 PM
I'm having issues with this on my 2012 MacBook Pro running Mavericks. I entered the mother's name correctly, then that part of the room is occupied by a red cushion which I cannot make go away. Can't make progress as I have no locket. Not happy.

[Post New]by trin911 on Aug 10, 14 1:51 PM
Having the same issued. I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and still am not able to give the girl the locket.

[Post New]by gekkegerritje on Aug 11, 14 6:56 AM
Same here. Started the game over, uninstalled it, re-installed it, but still can't give the locket. This means I can't continue the game.......

[Post New]by Andromeda0809 on Aug 16, 14 6:12 AM
I am having problems also giving Jessie the locket. I re installed the game but the same thing happens. There doesn't seem to be an update for this problem. What can be done about this problem?

[Post New]by mtnbreezes on Aug 23, 14 10:18 PM
I, too, cannot give the Mother's Locket to Jessie. I am playing on a Windows Vista system. I tried to go to the next step mentioned in the SG, but apparently, once the locket is given to Jessie, the player receives something related to the next step because I couldn't do the next step (press the pedals above the fireplace in the living room). That means I can't continue to play the game at all I'm sooo bummed, I was really enjoying this game. I hope a fix will come along (or if one already has and I just don't realize it, tell me

SeaSirenFL
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by SeaSirenFL on Aug 24, 14 8:54 AM
Same issue, can not give the girl the locket. I also tried uninstalling and reinstall, did nothing to assist. I too was enjoying the game so this is really frustrating. On the "post technical issues" in the forum for this game. There was a posting that this was being worked on but that was so many days ago and still no resolution.

[Post New]by krismalek on Aug 24, 14 4:18 PM
Same problem, can't get rid of the necklace and can't go farther. Deleted and reinstalled - no change. Would it help to restart the game from the beginning?

[Post New]by krismalek on Aug 24, 14 5:18 PM
I started the game again with a different name and it worked.

[Post New]by sinenomine_lj on Aug 31, 14 10:11 PM
I have had the same issue. This is clearly a major issue and I am shocked nothing has been done. Given the multitude of posts about glitches, this game should be withdrawn and full refunds given. I am furious.

wildone667
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by wildone667 on Sep 2, 14 12:28 PM
I had the same problem too, but I started a new game under a different name as it was suggested, also I didn't play the hard setting like the first time. Maybe it has something to do with the setting. The bad part is you cant go back and change to hard once you pass the locket so you have to keep playing with sparklers, takes some of the suspense from it. Kind of a waste of time to.

[Post New]by struggling1 on Sep 2, 14 6:03 PM
Same problem with giving locket to the daughter. Not able to zoom in or find the gears. What's up!! Need help!!

[Post New]by ADamselInDesign on Sep 4, 14 6:52 PM
Same problem. I have the locket, the girl is drinking her never-ending hot cocoa, the policeman keeps asking if I found the locket and to search the castle for it so many times I'm surprised he hasn't called me a horrible "detective" yet!

spagbol
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by spagbol on Sep 16, 14 6:27 PM
Hi there

Do try using a different user name - it worked for me!

[Post New]by albybray on Oct 5, 14 7:27 AM
I'm playing on windows 8.1, I had trouble giving the locket to the girl at first. I uninstalled the game, reinstalled it signed in the game with a different name and played the first section again, this time I was able to give the locket to Jessie. It was a pain in the **** having to play the game over again but I was enjoying it to much to not give it a go and risk losing the chance at not finishing the game at all. good luck guys.

Go to: