catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

CE or SE?

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Aug 10, 14 12:53 AM
Routine post once more!

Which one did you pick and why? What would you recommend to others?

For those interested in my personal thoughts:
I chose to go with the SE because of lack of CE Extras. I loved the game, but I feel the developer is starting to get stingy with the CE Extras, especially compared with their last game, Myths of the World: of Fiends and Fairies.

What ever you pick/picked, happy gaming!

KleoBeBe
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:CE or SE?

[Post New]by KleoBeBe on Aug 10, 14 6:43 AM
catbag8717: I really liked the game and thought the story line was interesting. I personally like to save the wallpapers and concept art to a folder for my desktop to display (in windows 7), it’s fun to see the different games I’ve played whenever I go to the desktop. I think the extras in the CE are adequate. You can play the HOPs, puzzles and bubble shooter from the game; and also it has a souvenir room. You can collect the hidden stars you missed in the game in order to get the achievement. Speaking of which, I complained in the CE forum about the difficulty of the achievements; you almost have to play the game three times in order play it perfectly. I like to come back to my games later without being tired of them. I usually don’t play the extra games anyway so my opinion may be different from others.

crofootski
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by crofootski on Aug 10, 14 2:13 PM
I usually depend on others' reviews to help me decide whether or not to buy the CE. I do like the wallpapers, and I save them to folders to use in my jigsaw puzzle software!

bwake47
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by bwake47 on Aug 21, 14 6:57 PM
I purchased and really enjoyed the SE. I sometimes purchase a CE version of a game, but many times feel all the extra activity takes away from the story and game. I never play a game at one sitting, so I need all the help in trying to remember where I was and what was happening. I find myself so caught up in the story that I forget to look for morphing objects and collectibles. So I prefer a game where I can concentrate on the story and not a lot of distractions.

[Post New]by OldIrishfish on Nov 17, 14 8:19 PM
I bought the SE (on sale) after playing the "try it" option for about 1/2 hour. Decided that I would love the game so clicked on "buy" and it went through the downloading process - verification and install. Clicked on the "Play." Played happily for about another hour off and on and when looking through the telescope and seeing my partner shot ... it stopped and showed clips of future stuff - and then said, "Thank you for playing the demonstration..." Am I just stupid or is this game really short or have we been invaded by game-stealing aliens? Don't know if this is a tech issue or if the developer is trying to pawn off demo versions as SE's. Whaddya think?

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Nov 17, 14 11:33 PM
OldIrishfish wrote:I bought the SE (on sale) after playing the "try it" option for about 1/2 hour. Decided that I would love the game so clicked on "buy" and it went through the downloading process - verification and install. Clicked on the "Play." Played happily for about another hour off and on and when looking through the telescope and seeing my partner shot ... it stopped and showed clips of future stuff - and then said, "Thank you for playing the demonstration..." Am I just stupid or is this game really short or have we been invaded by game-stealing aliens? Don't know if this is a tech issue or if the developer is trying to pawn off demo versions as SE's. Whaddya think?

Didn't happen to me, so it is definitely a tech issue and you should contact Customer Support.

Go to: