Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

To BF and the Developers... re problems with the game

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Aug 10, 14 3:53 AM
We have been assured that all the problems with this game are being passed onto the BigFish tech department and to the Developers and yet some problems from as far back as October have not been resolved. Why?!! As players we have been extremely patient and loyal to the game. All we ask for is recognition of the problems and regular communication about fixes, even if it is only "we are having problems finding a fix but we are still working on it". How hard is that??!!
It shouldn't be left up to the Moderators to trot out the same line about "we will let you know when a fix appears" because with the lack of communication between BF and the Developers, we will know before you at BF because we play the game!

Here's an idea, why doesn't someone from the game's development team, open an account here at BigFish and play the game? Then you would have first hand experience of what we are complaining about and you can communicate with us directly here in the forum. If the excuse is a lack of English, don't worry we are a cosmopolitan bunch and one of us will be able to translate Russian (or use google translator).
And to whoever at BF who deals with developers, how about communicating more effectively with them and then to us. You have some responsibility for the games which use your portal and your reputation suffers by allowing games with long-standing problems to go unresolved.

Here are the issues which need a fix...
1. The avatar picture of Eleanor (the woman in the green hat) when purchased for 20 crystals, instead shows the ginger elf Lairiel.... I reported this to customer services back in October 2013!
2. Duels. When they were working, the duel froze at the end. So related quests can't be completed.... has been an issue since the battling function was introduced in November 2013
3. Competitions. They freeze at the end more often than not if there are more than 2 players competing... has been an issue since the battling function was introduced in November 2013
4. Duels, Competitions & Knockout. From what I have read, they are now not working at all... again!
5. Mushroom forest artifacts and associated charges. Have no images, just a revolving circle... has been an issue since the Mushroom forest was introduced in Oct/Nov 2013.

Please fix these problems and I eagerly await the next update containing the Mysteries of Japan.

Edited to add Fairhavenfishie's reminder.

Edited on 08/10/2014 at 12:00:58 PM PST

Re:To BF and the Developers... re problems with the game

[Post New]by zitronenfalter12 on Aug 10, 14 7:02 AM
Fully second you

TexasBaker
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by TexasBaker on Aug 10, 14 8:01 AM
AMEN!!!

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Aug 10, 14 8:55 AM
3rd person to agree....also, add to the list the swirly things instead of thumbnails for items that we find or need....

Matahari24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,046 Posts

[Post New]by Matahari24 on Aug 10, 14 9:01 AM
ditto

Krisz01
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Krisz01 on Aug 10, 14 9:16 AM
I agree. I have the same problems. The new Tournaments competitions are pointless for most of us because of this problem.

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Aug 10, 14 9:24 AM
Rumbie speaks only the truth.
Y'all keep throwing these Tournament Competitions out there every day and THEY DON'T WORK.

Marjasinstar
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

[Post New]by Marjasinstar on Aug 10, 14 9:27 AM
clm5457 wrote:Rumbie speaks only the truth.
Y'all keep throwing these Tournament Competitions out there every day and THEY DON'T WORK.
AMEN TO THAT!

[Post New]by pillekind on Aug 10, 14 10:11 AM
yes, that`s it. thanks Rumbi

DraperLady
Minnow
Minnow
261 Posts

[Post New]by DraperLady on Aug 10, 14 11:38 AM
Rumbi, you are clearly the voice of all ROM players. It is my impression that you have played longer, contributed more posts to the forum and know the ins and outs of the game like the back of your hand. If BFG and the Devs do not listen to you, what are the rest of us players to do to get the point across that we are tired of being ignored other than to quit enmasse? I love this game and want it to work properly for everyone who struggles to learn to play it and comes to love it as many of us do.

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Aug 10, 14 12:41 PM
DL, Aw shucks that's sweet but I'm definitely only my own voice ( it's my megalomania and imperialistic ambitions which make me use the word "we" ) and no one ever listens to me anyway... I nag and whine so much it cause folk to stick their fingers in their ears and shout La la la la I can't hear you

The only thing I can think of to get them to do something, is to once again start to bombard CS with emails, screenshots and Dr Felix reports. Like last time when there were problems with accessing the Tilt Yard and the Magic Gates, many of us did just that and after CS was certain it wasn't a problem with our PCs, the Devs produced a fix... Yay! But you have to be prepared to try all their solutions and then politely tell them it hasn't worked and stay in it for the long run even if they want you to stop by giving you a game code. Always reply to last email they send you, that way you are speaking to the same person. An unsolicited screenshot or a suggestion about what you think is causing the problem is a great way to keep the pressure on If a lot of people nag and whine at the same time about the same thing, then we can stop them sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting La la la la I can't hear you and make them listen.

Haven Thanks I've added the invisible stuff to the first post

Thanks everyone, it is after all a universal problem with the gameplay and not solely problems for a few.

Marjasinstar
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

[Post New]by Marjasinstar on Aug 10, 14 1:08 PM
Great idea, Rumbi. At least it forces them to take a finger out of one ear while opening up the email.

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Aug 10, 14 2:25 PM
Ok I have sent CS an email with screenshots and Dr Felix.

Category:
Technical issues
Play online
Gameplay Issues

Subject:
The Battle feature has stopped working

Since August 3rd 2014, the battle feature comprising of Duels, Competitions & Knockout no longer work. No one can find opponents. The battle feature was the same when the game was first rolled out, until the Devs provided a partial fix last Nov. It is not just me who is having this problem, it is everyone. I have attached a screen shot of the empty competition daily league table to show you that no one has managed to find an opponent and of the search for an opponent to duel against I got bored of waiting after 10 minutes but the same result would have been shown had I waited an hour.
I would appreciate it if you would contact the Developers, to inform them and find a fix so we can find opponents and when we have them for the match not to freeze at the end... which is a long standing issue with the feature and we have been waiting for a fix since the battling feature was introduced in November 2013.
Thanks
Me

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Aug 10, 14 2:30 PM
Helpful links

Customer services email form
https://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask

Dr Felix Diagnostics Report
https://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1688/kw/Dr%20Felix

Matahari24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,046 Posts

[Post New]by Matahari24 on Aug 10, 14 2:43 PM
I was clearing my inbox here, at the BF account and I found several PMs from you Rumbi, back from March!
I found hilarious and -sadly- up to date that you wrote to me that they should have called the game Waiting Rooms of Memory , because that's all we seem to do both in game and for fixes...

Marjasinstar
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

[Post New]by Marjasinstar on Aug 10, 14 2:48 PM
Matahari24 wrote:they should have called the game Waiting Rooms of Memory , because that's all we seem to do both in game and for fixes...
Oh my stars, too funny.

Crow12000
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by Crow12000 on Aug 10, 14 2:49 PM
Just an FYI I sent in a CS report and attached Dr. Felix report last Monday Aug 4th. I received back an automated response that they were busy needed more info from me and in the meantime here is a free game.

Since I could see no question they were posing that would require further information I sent them a reply asking for them to advise me what they needed.

I have not had another response from them.

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Aug 10, 14 2:52 PM
Lol I remember that ... I have called it a lot worse too

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Aug 10, 14 2:56 PM
Crow12000 wrote:Just an FYI I sent in a CS report and attached Dr. Felix report last Monday Aug 4th. I received back an automated response that they were busy needed more info from me and in the meantime here is a free game.

Since I could see no question they were posing that would require further information I sent them a reply asking for them to advise me what they needed.

I have not had another response from them.

Hopefully they can see from my screen shots entitled "Score of the Day" and "Waiting for a duelling opponent" they won't ask for additional info from me. But if they do, they will get a blow by blow account of what is wrong with this game complete with idiot guide screen shots... that should do it

Marjasinstar
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

[Post New]by Marjasinstar on Aug 10, 14 3:04 PM
The completely blank page of Score of the Day and Today's Best in the Competitions area ought to be a pretty big clue that something is amiss in the land of ROMia.

Edited on 08/10/2014 at 3:05:08 PM PST

Go to: