Crow12000
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

Now for something completely different....

[Post New]by Crow12000 on Aug 10, 14 12:21 PM
In an effort to bring a bit of levity in to todays forum I thought I would share a few of the burning questions about the game that are keeping me up nights.

1. Who is the woman on the boat in Paris? She is used by many as an avatar and I see her on the opening screen at times. However I must have either missed her completely in the storyline or she is a total mystery. Not that I pay super close attention to the story but I tend to notice who the players are.

2. Where is the room that Eleanor (woman in green hat) is standing in on the opening screen shot? Did I miss something? Have I not got there yet or is this some special offer secret room I have yet to see?

And perhaps the most important one.

3. Why is there a giant beaver in the Venetian cafe? I can't come up with a reason for it to be there. Beaver's are fresh water mammals and Venice is on the ocean and surrounded by saltwater. If it's a stuffed beaver I have an even harder time with it as it doesn't exactly add to the elegant ambiance of the cafe to have a giant beaver chewing on wood in it. If you really felt the need to have the beaver represented in the game doesn't it make more sense for it to be somewhere in Bellow's Manor? The mountain location and river make it a perfect habitation spot for the beaver after all.

Any insight anyone else is willing to share would be appreciated. Does anyone else have a question they often wonder about?

Re:Now for something completely different....

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Aug 10, 14 12:46 PM
While I don't have the answers to your questions, I'd like to know how to get some of the music for some of the locations/rooms. I especially like the music in Times of Knights when you just go to that main screen....

I've also noticed a beautiful woman in a kimono in one of the opening shots, which makes me keep hoping for Japan...

I want to see the Hobbit for the Hobbit Hut, too. Is it Bilbo Baggins?

I don't know why there is a beaver in the café in Venice, either....is he so hungry that he has to gnaw the furniture??? Is he a pet that was let loose? How did he get the quarantine??? Why doesn't he build a dam to regulate the water levels??

Midnightdreemz
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Midnightdreemz on Aug 10, 14 12:53 PM
why isnt the beaver at the mill? seems as if it could be quite comfy in that environment. what is that creepy puppet doing in the glass factory? ever notice that the boat from Paris is also docked in Venice altho we never go there. why is there a scooter and tamtam drum
in a bakery?

inquiring minds want to know!!!

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Aug 10, 14 1:00 PM
Crow
I think the woman on the boat is the mysterious woman the Prof was with on the boat which Bull Drummond or whatever he is called, mentioned when we were opening up the boat in Paris... he mentioned something about her strange perfume.

Eleanor is in the living room which pops up in some offer quests.

Shhh don't mention the beaver, it is the Professor in disguise

Haven
I've looked in the files on my computer and I'm sorry I can't find any music files, so they must be kept on the server.

No it's not Bilbo, he's copyrighted... it'll be Brodo Faggins the intrepid adventurer who went to Ikea to return a flatpack round dining table with one leg missing... that's why he's not at home, he's still trying to find his way to customer services through the maze of occasional tables and bookshelves

Marjasinstar
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

[Post New]by Marjasinstar on Aug 10, 14 1:13 PM
I have always wondered if Jennifer Aniston knows that her photo is being used in the Fashion Boutique?

Kiki118
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by Kiki118 on Aug 10, 14 1:18 PM
LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one that found that beaver odd and I agree, the puppet gives me the creeps.

Crow12000
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by Crow12000 on Aug 10, 14 1:24 PM
Rumbi
Thanks for that. I have a vague memory of that boat encounter now that you mention it. I assumed the other was a room I've yet to see. I'll stop wondering about these two now.

Midnight
Why is there a creepy puppet anywhere? (shudders) As for the drum and scooter well everyone knows Paris is full of artists and they all play tantrum drums, ride about on scooters and love baked goods so that makes sense to me. However why is there a poker in that room? There's no fireplace and who carries around a poker?

Marja
That is totally Jennifer Aniston. I've thought so from the first time I saw it.

Edited on 08/10/2014 at 1:25:04 PM PST

rheashard2
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by rheashard2 on Aug 10, 14 2:03 PM
Now for the dumb question. Who is Jennifer Aniston?

Shame on you Rumbi for spreading rumors about the Professor! Beav's (that beaver) is vacationing in Venice while waiting for fall season. She will swim into the Mediterranean Sea through the Straits of Gibraltar heading south and east around tip of South Africa and parts east. Her job is to instruct all the salmon due for Alaska. Beav's job is to inform them of Alaskan river route changes done by the beaver community, the US department of Fish & Game, Alaskan Park & Game and finally Mother Nature. As you know salmon only spawn in their home rivers. Beav's heard how good Italian food is. She decided to try it out. Beav's told me that it was a surprise to her that pizza isn't genuine Italian cuisine! Beav's also is sorry for freeing all those puppets. She was looking for snacks during a tour of the Opera Theater. She 'ate' their control wires. Beav's stated she was done with 9 or 10 puppet wires when those dratted things just took off. As a beaver she is ill equipped to catch those fast things.

The Hobbit Hut is supposed to be an exact copy of J. R. R. Tolkien's vacation hut. It is where he was inspired with the idea for The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings series

I personally use audio books for background noise. I will have to make a point of listening to ROM's music.

zsautner
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by zsautner on Aug 10, 14 2:12 PM
I always thought it was weird the way they placed some of the hidden items. In one offer scene that I can't remember right now, they had an animal about to eat a bird.

And in this recent Opera offer scene, they have the arrow stuck into the baby being held in the statue. So odd...

kiki5621
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by kiki5621 on Aug 10, 14 2:31 PM
Rhea,

Jennifer Aniston is a movie star. She was first well-recognized in the American TV Show "Friends".

kiki5621
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by kiki5621 on Aug 10, 14 2:33 PM
Why are there croissants in the Library - I thought you weren't supposed to bring food and drink into the Library. Although there is that cute little Maid with the tea set or is that for the Study.

Why are there cactus in the study and a baseball? Shouldn't there be an area that is the Desert?

Clashfan78
Clownfish
Clownfish
695 Posts

[Post New]by Clashfan78 on Aug 10, 14 2:36 PM
rheashard2 wrote:Now for the dumb question. Who is Jennifer Aniston?

She's an actress probably most famous for playing "Rachel" on the show Friends. She was at one time married to Brad Pitt and has done a bunch of movies as well. If you've ever glanced at the front of the tabloids at the supermarket you have seen her picture at some point. She is one of their favorite subjects.

The scandal of her divorce is sort of reminiscent of the big Debbie Reynolds/Eddie Fisher/Elizabeth Taylor scandal. One of the many reasons the tabloids follow her every where.

In the big picture it means little if you don't know who any of them are. Just means you don't watch a lot of TV or movies and are not into celebrity gossip.

[Post New]by ivanamajsen on Aug 10, 14 2:37 PM
Who put the slippers on the ceiling in the basement and why?

Clashfan78
Clownfish
Clownfish
695 Posts

[Post New]by Clashfan78 on Aug 10, 14 2:40 PM
ivanamajsen wrote:Who put the slippers on the ceiling in the basement and why?

Whoever it was they put them on the ceiling of the music palace as well. Elves maybe? Don't all elves make shoes?

Marjasinstar
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

[Post New]by Marjasinstar on Aug 10, 14 2:42 PM

I think it was the cat because often you find his paw print up there as well.

Ellei4997
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by Ellei4997 on Aug 10, 14 2:42 PM
The Avatar with the long red hair looks like Amanda Seyfried, to me.

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Aug 10, 14 2:45 PM

They have been left there by the creepy old lady who crawls on the ceiling in The Exorcist 3

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Aug 10, 14 2:48 PM
Oh and it's probably not Jenifer Aniston but just some girl who went into the hairdressers and asked for a Rachel cut... like so many of us did

[Post New]by ivanamajsen on Aug 10, 14 2:52 PM
Naughty cat! Is it the same cat who leaves scratches all around!

And why is there so much food left everywherw? Sometimes is really hard to play whit all that burgers, ice-creams, chocolates...

Matahari24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,046 Posts

[Post New]by Matahari24 on Aug 10, 14 2:55 PM
Rumbitothecore wrote:

They have been left there by the creepy old lady who crawls on the ceiling in The Exorcist 3

LOL . Rumbi, I just LOVE your sense of Humor! (this is a comment not only for this, but it is something I have thought several times after reading many posts from you- and now I found the chance to express it!)

Go to: