Please post your TECH ISSUES for Warlock: The Curse of the Shaman here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Aug 11, 14 12:34 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 08/11/2014 at 8:57:34 AM PST

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Warlock: The Curse of the Shaman here

[Post New]by cadescovelady on Aug 11, 14 1:02 AM
WOW! Psychedelic!!! Didn't know a game could even BE this messed up right out of the gate (so to speak)! About twelve of everything in a swirly pattern. Thanks for the early morning headache!

[Post New]by LAMBO7 on Aug 11, 14 1:50 AM
me too! What's wrong with this game!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 11, 14 1:59 AM
Hi all,
No such experience on my laptop with Windows 7. What version are you 2 playing?

kjos
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by kjos on Aug 11, 14 2:12 AM
Just downloaded the game never played it before. Clicked on the game and I got this, time's up,Your free trial is over. I guess it's telling me not to play this game. I don't need this one got other games to play
Richard

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 11, 14 2:30 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi all,
No such experience on my laptop with Windows 7. What version are you 2 playing?

Aha, just took a trip to a parallel world ..... now I understand.

Edited on 08/11/2014 at 2:31:47 AM PST

anitra3
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by anitra3 on Aug 11, 14 6:02 AM
ehm?... how are you supposed to play this game without a game-cursor??

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
956 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on Aug 11, 14 6:06 AM
cadescovelady wrote:WOW! Psychedelic!!! Didn't know a game could even BE this messed up right out of the gate (so to speak)! About twelve of everything in a swirly pattern. Thanks for the early morning headache!

Same here & no curser.

Ilkie
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Ilkie on Aug 11, 14 6:21 AM
Impossible to see anything, impossible to play. Thought I was having a flashback from the 1970's!! Disembodied arms swirling all over the place, blocks of colour and no cursor. This is a disaster.

[Post New]by phdfrog on Aug 11, 14 7:36 AM
me too!!! very frustrating

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Aug 11, 14 7:41 AM
I have the same problem. Blocks of color and no cursor, no hint button or anything else. I uninstalled and am reinstalling now to see if it loads properly. I'm also using windows 7.

I reinstalled and tried again with the same results. Flashing lights and a circuit board instead of a cursor. I guess it's no for me.

I tried again on a different computer and it works. This is an amd processor. Perhaps it's a problem with intel.

Now that it works I like it but it's very dark. I have a problem seeing things.

Edited on 08/11/2014 at 8:57:15 AM PST

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Aug 11, 14 8:58 AM
G'day,

Thanks for getting this started for us pondprowler

For extra visibility I'll still post our one with the links and colours

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing or Black Screen

This could also help with the cursor issues and psychedelic colours.

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed
While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgMurrumbidgee

Edited on 08/11/2014 at 8:59:23 AM PST

[Post New]by cadescovelady on Aug 11, 14 10:16 AM
I had about TWELVE cursors along with everything else. Managed to find "options" and undid the "custom curser" and actually reduced it to one curser, but alas, still had twelve of everything else! And yeah, I felt like I was back in the70's,too. 2nd time in two weeks. The last time was way into a game: now THERE was a light show. Thankfully, I got a refund.

[Post New]by chemiechat on Aug 11, 14 10:55 AM
The game is bugged; I have everything to make the grandfather's doll but nothing is happening and nowhere to go.

elijah5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,225 Posts

[Post New]by elijah5 on Aug 11, 14 11:16 AM
Started game, no problem. Got to desk after turning on lamp, screen went black, computer rebooted by itself. Restarted, got back to same place & then Had to CAD to get out, then all of a sudden, game popped back on. Did this twice.

Not computer, brand new. Wind 8.1, using Mozilla browser.

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Aug 11, 14 11:37 AM
I am using Windows7 32bit on a small form factor. Most other games work. What passes for a cursor appears to be a block of about 12-16 possible alternate cursors; the red arrow at the upper left appears to me the actual cursor, as I got it to do several things, but it wouldn't affect the cursor options in options.

I've seen pictures of how a fly sees through one huge (compared to its body) multifaceted eyeball, and this game reminds me of that. It looks like the developers didn't do a horrible job, just used an engine that isn't compatible with a way too substantial block of our computers.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Aug 11, 14 12:35 PM
In trial version: Error message when entering the Secret Room at first mouse click in the room: "Access violation error at 0x008BA53C (tried to read from 0x256607B8), program terminated."

Error message window was behind game window (game in full screen) and not visible, so it looked like the cursor had vanished and the game was hanging, although it waited for the OK-input in the Error message window. Once I reached it (alt-tab through available windows), the game closed. Game Manager was still running.

Game could be restarted right away, returned to the place and seemed to be OK.
But I'm not sure I want to risk any more situations like that.

Win 7 Professional Service Pack 1, NVidia GeForce GTX 670;
everything updated.

Edited on 08/11/2014 at 12:37:40 PM PST

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by deejae101 on Aug 11, 14 1:04 PM
Everything went along amazingly well UNTIL . . . quite awhile into the game, I think it's the 3rd doll you're making . . . in the workshop I made the stained glass piece and as soon as it was done, before I could receive it, the game froze. Had to turn the computer off manually. Did this several times before I gave up.

Darn, and this looked to be a nice long fun game!

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Aug 11, 14 1:27 PM
At first I had no problem in the attic. Then I clicked on the circle lock in the closet and my cursor doesn't respond to anything. Luckily I could still click menu and get out of the game. Going back it won't play in the attic. Hope this gets fixed so I can continue.

BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by BereniceP on Aug 11, 14 1:53 PM
Please see thread under the heading "Mermaid". Lots of us have lost our clippers and cannot cut the net for the second time around. Can't remember where I was when the clippers went flying off but I do think it is a glitch and would really like a fix. I was enjoying the game very much but am now going around in circles. We have all paid for our games and it is no fun when things like this happen. Please help soon. Thanks BFG

Go to: