saturnina100
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

I CONTACTED THE DEVS - COMPETITIONS ARE BACK UP & RUNNING

[Post New]by saturnina100 on Aug 11, 14 2:21 AM
I reported the problem on Saturday morning, directly on their website.

They replied today - they have fixed them already.

They still freeze but at least they are back.

Edit:

I have sent them a big thank you email.

I thought, i might as well go a step further: I ask them if they can also fix the freezing /crashing problem we have when here are more then 2 competitors.

I will post here as soon as i hear back.

So now we know, all it took was ONE PLAYER to contact the devs directly to get something done huh

Edited on 08/11/2014 at 2:36:03 AM PST

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

Re:I CONTACTED THE DEVS - COMPETITIONS ARE BACK UP & RUNNING

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Aug 11, 14 2:37 AM
OMG That is fantastic Thanks Saturnina

saturnina100
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by saturnina100 on Aug 11, 14 2:49 AM
They have replied already!! (my email to them was 10 mins ago)

It's obviously in Russian, the online translator I've used says:

"Clean the temporary data (cache) your browser of all time. To do this:
- If you have Internet Explorer: Tools - Delete Browsing History - "Delete Browsing History", "Temporary Internet Files", "Delete";
- If you have Mozilla Firefox: Tools - Options - Advanced, "Network", "Clear Now";
- If you have Opera: Tools - Settings - General Settings, "Advanced", "History", "Clear";
- If you have Google Chrome - Settings - Tools, "Delete browsing data", "Clear History"

I know we all have tried clearing cache blah blah so now what??

Edited on 08/11/2014 at 2:59:24 AM PST

Matahari24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,046 Posts

I CONTACTED THE DEVS - COMPETITIONS ARE BACK UP & RUNNING

[Post New]by Matahari24 on Aug 11, 14 3:19 AM
saturnina100 wrote:So now we know, all it took was ONE PLAYER to contact the devs directly to get something done huh

... (no comment....)

and THANK YOU!!!

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Aug 11, 14 3:53 AM
I've just tried clearing the network cache and I had a duel complete... Yay! but a competition with 3 in didn't... Boo!!

I guess it was worth a try

Matahari24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,046 Posts

[Post New]by Matahari24 on Aug 11, 14 4:00 AM
yes, here as well, I cleared everything as well, but after the...trio it froze, as usual...
let me try a duel...
Nope! It froze after the end. The result - as it was before- does not count towards the "Award for Victory" quest on the right side of the screen or the Magician's Guild quests on the left on the screen but it shows on the score board.

On Google Chrome

Edited on 08/11/2014 at 4:37:54 AM PST

saturnina100
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by saturnina100 on Aug 11, 14 4:13 AM
it's good to get feedback, thanks guys, lets keep trying on different browsers, and then I could report back to the devs what we experience, makes sense to be able to provide as much info to them as possible.

Please keep posting what you try / how it goes

saturnina100
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by saturnina100 on Aug 11, 14 4:19 AM
sigh... on mozilla, a three way competition froze as per usual... and my win didnt count towards the daily task. hmmm

edit to say.... I need to get off this PC and do some RL stuff... will be back later.

Edited on 08/11/2014 at 4:30:51 AM PST

Yunice
Minnow
Minnow
278 Posts

[Post New]by Yunice on Aug 11, 14 5:04 AM
Saturnina,

Is it possible for you to enquire if the developers have been made aware of the competition and duelling situation prior to this(your mail to them)?

Note: Big Fish, you'd better be worried.

vrc111
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by vrc111 on Aug 11, 14 5:09 AM
Great job, thanks very much.

Clashfan78
Clownfish
Clownfish
695 Posts

[Post New]by Clashfan78 on Aug 11, 14 9:09 AM
Saturnina,

You are a goddess! Thank you so much.

I play on Safari as a browser (not popular I know but it works best for me) and it is exactly as it was before. Anything over 2 person freezes and I have to reboot in the comps.

Only the comps that finish correctly count towards the win or participation daily scores.

zsautner
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by zsautner on Aug 11, 14 9:22 AM
Thanks for contacting them! I tried a long time ago and never got a response - what's your secret?

I don't play the web-based game, instead I play the standalone downloadable version through BF game manager. They are back but still the same issues as before.

DraperLady
Minnow
Minnow
261 Posts

[Post New]by DraperLady on Aug 11, 14 9:26 AM
Thank you, Saturnina! One small step for a player; one giant leap for all ROM!!

Edited on 08/11/2014 at 9:26:28 AM PST

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Aug 11, 14 10:27 AM
Saturnina you are a saint
Competition worked with two Still freezes with three but hey that's a start. And I won dragon food

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Aug 11, 14 10:42 AM
I use Internet Explorer, and still cannot do anything. Cache is empty. Thanks, Saturnina!

saturnina100
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by saturnina100 on Aug 11, 14 11:33 AM
thanks everyone

I myself have tried 3 different browsers and the issue is still there.

I think we have done enough "testing" so I'm going to write to the devs again, it's now evening in Russia so they'll see it tomorrow.

@ Yunice:
I dont want to go down that road, but what i will say is, the devs were very prompt in replying to my email & acknowledging the problem; they brought competitions back in a matter of minutes after my email.
I tried a competition straightaway with 2 other competitors, and it froze, so i mentioned this in a further email, and they provided technical advice within 10 minutes... even though it didnt resolve the problem the point is they tried to help straightaway, so i think one can draw their own conclusions...

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Aug 11, 14 12:24 PM
G;day,

Thank you all for taking the time to let us know about this and the steps that have been tried.

All of the information in this thread, and other related threads has been forwarded to the team that works directly with the developers. This will help them work together to determine why the duels and competitions continue to behave in this way.

All updates and changes take place on the developers side, and on multiple portals, I'm confident that we'll be able to get this resolved once and for all, especially with the information provided.

bfgMurrumbidgee

vrc111
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by vrc111 on Aug 11, 14 1:40 PM
bfgMurrumbidgee wrote:G;day,

Thank you all for taking the time to let us know about this and the steps that have been tried.

All of the information in this thread, and other related threads has been forwarded to the team that works directly with the developers. This will help them work together to determine why the duels and competitions continue to behave in this way.

All updates and changes take place on the developers side, and on multiple portals, I'm confident that we'll be able to get this resolved once and for all, especially with the information provided.

bfgMurrumbidgee

Unbelievable. Thanks again Saturnina.

rheashard2
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by rheashard2 on Aug 11, 14 1:51 PM
I entered onto the competition page and game froze. A short time later, a neighbor completed an expedition that I participated in. I could not claim the potion that was the reward. The game froze. Since the reward page is related to the duel and competition pages I don't believe it is unrelated. I am treating the information like time honored medical advice. 'Take two aspirin/tylenol and call me in the morning.' I see no new or different advice by the developers and BF. I have lost count of the number of Dr Felix reports I have sent about ROM since I began playing. I envy those who at least get the offer of a free game. I now send a Dr Felix report about every 10 days. I am doing this so they can get information. I have noticed one thing. When I am having numerous problems with ROM, it is not isolated. I have problems with other on line games some severe enough to stop me playing. When this occurs I make sure to send a Dr Felix report. The developers can have two for the price of one.

xuri
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by xuri on Aug 11, 14 3:12 PM

THANK YOU SATURNINA!!!!!!!

Go to: