Please post your TECH ISSUES for Hometown Poker Hero here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Aug 12, 14 12:34 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 08/12/2014 at 5:45:57 AM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Hometown Poker Hero here

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Aug 12, 14 5:45 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by Brentnor27 on Aug 12, 14 10:42 PM
Every time I quit out of the game in "Full Screen" mode, the game crashes with the following error:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: HomeTownPokerHero.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 52e770ac
Fault Module Name: HomeTownPokerHero.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 52e770ac
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0018d6d0
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I have Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) and all of my drivers are up to date.
Compatibility Mode does not fix the problem.

Edited on 08/12/2014 at 10:50:54 PM PST

lcjdqs
Clownfish
Clownfish
691 Posts

[Post New]by lcjdqs on Aug 13, 14 10:13 AM
Days don't change, and you don't collect your rent. A no buy for me, can't move on, the game just doesn't work.

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Aug 13, 14 11:04 AM
I'm using Windows 8. Game plays fine (although the fast forward button only works temporarily and I need to hit it many times during a round for things to keep moving quickly).

The problem is shutting down the game. When I exit the game I always get an error box and each time, the error message has been different. It's usually about being unable to close down the program although it does close completely. Then it relaunches the BFG manager (it closes it completely before running the game).

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Aug 13, 14 6:20 PM
I experienced the same thing as "Brentnor27" and "Silver Branch".
The game crashes every time you exit.

Here is the error that I got:

"Couldn't terminate thread (error 6: the handle is invalid.)"

I would like to purchase this game, but I won't until this is resolved.

Edited on 08/13/2014 at 6:34:34 PM PST

[Post New]by HarvestHome on Aug 13, 14 6:51 PM
Yep, the same here! A crash message appears after I exit the game.

I really don't like games that are made with Flash. They always look cheap and poorly made. The game minimizes to the Taskbar after you exit and sits there awhile before the crash appears. Didn't YoudaGames test this before releasing it?

This game has the same exact programming as their Governor of Poker series.
Guess all they had to do was slap on some Delicious characters to make a new sale.

Well, I won't be buying.

[Post New]by MooDog on Aug 13, 14 8:54 PM
Does not save game or player data when exiting. Have to start from the beginning each time I play. Playing on a PC running Windows 7. I tried all the tips in the Help Pages. Please advise.

Edited on 08/13/2014 at 9:41:51 PM PST

Cookyville
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by Cookyville on Aug 14, 14 6:37 AM
LOVE LOVE this game

Goes into total freeze with no way out but to hard crash- 4 times

Am on Windows 7 & puter not acting right now

I hope theres a fix- but I don't want to chance it

Am asking for a refund

C

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Aug 14, 14 4:41 PM
Hi All,

I'm very sorry to see there have been some crashing and freezing issues in the game.

For those of you who haven't checked it out, we have a great help article with some troubleshooting steps in the link below:

I also recommend contacting our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps would be happy to look into that for you.

I hope this gets resolved quickly.

bfgWendwater

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Aug 14, 14 5:22 PM
bfgWendwater wrote:For those of you who haven't checked it out, we have a great help article with some troubleshooting steps in the link below:

Hi bfgWendwater,

I have already done that, and it does not help.
Given the amount of people with the same exact problem,..
I can safely say the problem is not on our end.

When will the game be updated with a fix?

Edited on 08/14/2014 at 5:27:22 PM PST

Cookyville
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by Cookyville on Aug 14, 14 5:49 PM
Yes- a fix PLEASE

~~~now its become like the thrill of the hunt & I HAVE to play this

Will this be released for MAC?

C

[Post New]by CoordinationNOT on Aug 14, 14 7:06 PM
I have a problem. I was playing the big boss on the first level and when I won I froze. So I closed the program and reentered and had come mid way into the game. I beat the boss again and froze again. I closed the program, uninstalled and re installed. I came mid way into the game with the same boss and beat him again and froze again. I closed the program again and came back into the game. Now I have bought all of the buildings before playing the big boss, When I came into the game this time no one will talk to me and I have no money. I'm stuck on day 11 and didn't receive my game. Can you please help.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Aug 14, 14 9:25 PM
Cookyville wrote:Will this be released for MAC?

Let's first hope they can come up with a working PC version.

[Post New]by ZSO827 on Aug 15, 14 11:37 AM
CoordinationNOT wrote:I have a problem. I was playing the big boss on the first level and when I won I froze. So I closed the program and reentered and had come mid way into the game. I beat the boss again and froze again. I closed the program, uninstalled and re installed. I came mid way into the game with the same boss and beat him again and froze again. I closed the program again and came back into the game. Now I have bought all of the buildings before playing the big boss, When I came into the game this time no one will talk to me and I have no money. I'm stuck on day 11 and didn't receive my game. Can you please help.

I am having the exact same problem. If this can't be resolved, I would like a credit.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Aug 15, 14 10:16 PM
ZSO827 wrote:
CoordinationNOT wrote:I have a problem. I was playing the big boss on the first level and when I won I froze. So I closed the program and reentered and had come mid way into the game. I beat the boss again and froze again. I closed the program, uninstalled and re installed. I came mid way into the game with the same boss and beat him again and froze again. I closed the program again and came back into the game. Now I have bought all of the buildings before playing the big boss, When I came into the game this time no one will talk to me and I have no money. I'm stuck on day 11 and didn't receive my game. Can you please help.

I am having the exact same problem. If this can't be resolved, I would like a credit.

I, too, had a similar experience; however, it occurred with the boss end of day 47... or end of level in Rat Wharf.

I LOVE THIS GAME.... I WANT A FIX NOT A CREDIT ... I LOVE THE EMILY SERIES AND ENJOY SEEING MY FAVORITE GAME CHARACTERS....

KINDLY FIX.

Thanks

)

Edited on 08/15/2014 at 10:18:28 PM PST

Talania1
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Talania1 on Aug 16, 14 6:23 AM

I just had this same exact thing happen to me on the 2nd big boss. I had just won the Lady and it froze, had to hard quit and now I have no money, no one will talk to me and the only way to fix it is to start a new game under another name. I was so happy with this, that I had bought it and now, I wish I had not.

jcballar
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by jcballar on Aug 16, 14 6:49 AM
I played the game without problems until I reached Little Tokyo. While playing at a table, the gambling would just stop. The players were still active (i.e., looking around, waving their thumbs, etc.), the next player would not place a bet or fold. Hovering over all the players stated "Waiting on turn". I would have to return to the Main Menu, exit, and restart the game. I then would be back at the same table, but at least I could finish the match.

Now I am in Snob Hill, playing Mrs. Grimaldi, and everything above is happening, but this time I cannot continue. I have exited and restarted several times, but I still return back to the table and everyone is just waiting for their turn.

It is very frustrating to get this far into the game and not be able to finish.

EDIT: I did uninstall and reinstall the game, but still getting same error as above.

Edited on 08/16/2014 at 7:03:05 AM PST

[Post New]by Drama_mama_d1 on Aug 16, 14 8:55 AM
Same problem as many of you...beat the third boss, but now I'm stuck. I can move between cities but can't play cards. Irritating!

Cookyville
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by Cookyville on Aug 16, 14 12:11 PM
I sure wish TECH support would post a message here & acknowledge our troubles with this game...updates ?

AND our patience

CookyFish

Go to: