Create Special Acid

atapth7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Create Special Acid

[Post New]by atapth7 on Aug 12, 14 2:33 AM
I have all the ingredients on the table, but the knife will not cut the flower. What am I doing wrong? Am I missing something?

Tee_Rex
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

Re:Create Special Acid

[Post New]by Tee_Rex on Aug 12, 14 4:26 AM
It happened to me on first try.
Just put the flower on the table and try clicking slowly on different points of the knife, it will work.
In the end, i tried to use the tweezers first, so it gave me an error message like "cut the flower first" or something like that, and then the knife worked.
So if everything else fails, try provoking the error message, it might activate the knife. who knows.
It worked for me.

atapth7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by atapth7 on Aug 12, 14 10:04 AM
Thanks for the info. Tried it, but not working. Yesterday the use of the tweezers caused the error message. Today, no message. The flower has a glimmer spot which indicates, to me, that the flower is there and active. However, the knife does not work. I will keep trying and continue to play around it until it does.

[Post New]by TheSherlockian on Aug 12, 14 10:17 AM
Tag teaming with Tee Rex...

I might be totally off on this, but maybe try combining the bottles first? I don't remember if that was before or after you added the petal or if it even matters...or maybe you've already done that. Just a random thought...

Edited on 08/12/2014 at 10:18:03 AM PST

atapth7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by atapth7 on Aug 12, 14 10:38 AM
I've tried everything... every possible way. Just not working. Could the lack of an error message when I use the tweezers indicate that the flower isn't there? If that is the case, the only solution will be to skip this part.

Skip worked. Thanks for all your help.

Edited on 08/12/2014 at 11:00:03 AM PST

cora_maxim
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by cora_maxim on Aug 12, 14 1:19 PM
it doesn't work for me either. the error message has no role , it appeared for me but still didn't work

[Post New]by gamergrrrl03 on Aug 14, 14 6:16 AM
I cant cut the flower either. It is "glimmering" so I know it's there but no matter where I grab or place the knife it won't cut the flower. If I try to grab the flower it says I need to cut it first. I tried using the tweezers on the flower and on the knife and on the bottles to no avail. Is this a glitch or is there another step first?

Thanks.

[Post New]by TheSherlockian on Aug 14, 14 8:16 AM
gamergrrrl03 wrote:I cant cut the flower either. It is "glimmering" so I know it's there but no matter where I grab or place the knife it won't cut the flower. If I try to grab the flower it says I need to cut it first. I tried using the tweezers on the flower and on the knife and on the bottles to no avail. Is this a glitch or is there another step first?

Thanks.

I don't remember another step, but Tee Rex and I do remember it being a little "iffy" game play wise. Meaning...it took awhile to get the game to acknowledge what we were trying to do (even though it seemed pretty obvious what we were trying to do). This part was a little glitchy, but not broken at the time.

Kapoho7
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Kapoho7 on Aug 14, 14 3:37 PM
Try clicking on the flower and then the knife in quick succession, that is what worked for me, finally.

[Post New]by gamergrrrl03 on Aug 14, 14 4:27 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried again - clicked one then the other right after each other, tried clicking the knife everywhere - still nothing. What level were any of you when it worked? Maybe it wants you to be at a certain level before it will acknowledge it and allow you to move on? I'm level 29 if that helps.

Thanks.

[Post New]by TheSherlockian on Aug 14, 14 5:50 PM
gamergrrrl03 wrote:Thanks for the suggestions. I tried again - clicked one then the other right after each other, tried clicking the knife everywhere - still nothing. What level were any of you when it worked? Maybe it wants you to be at a certain level before it will acknowledge it and allow you to move on? I'm level 29 if that helps.

Thanks.

I don't think it's a level issue. If you have everything available and the task is active, then there shouldn't be an obstacle. I'd hate to think your game is glitched, but I can't think of why it's not working at this point.

[Post New]by gamergrrrl03 on Aug 14, 14 6:23 PM
I have the flower, the knife, and the tweezers. I can also move the 3 bottles which I assume you use after you cut the flower? I also have a bird in inventory but don't know what to do with it. I even tried adding that but it didn't take it. Is there anything else I need besides adding the flower to the board which then activates the knife and tweezers?

Thanks.

[Post New]by TheSherlockian on Aug 14, 14 6:48 PM
Has "The Event" happened yet in the cemetery? If not, the bird is for later. If so, and you've resolved "The Event", you might be able to work on the bird first. (Sorry, my memory is hazy on the order of objectives.)

From what I recall, you place the flower on the board, cut off a petal with the knife and put it in the solution with the tweezers...then the combination of bottles. (Do you have all the bottles?) Something is telling me there might have been a task to retrieve all the bottles. You might not be able to start cutting until that is complete (if it exists).

[Post New]by gamergrrrl03 on Aug 14, 14 7:07 PM
The Event has not happened yet in the Cemetery. I can see the fireflies and have the bird and see the nest but that's it. The bottles were already there for creating the acid. There are 3 or four blank spaces and I can lift the bottles but they won't stay in any other spot but their original ones they start in. At least one of them looks like it has a stopper. I tried to use the tweezer on them thinking maybe I needed to open them first but that didn't work. Is there a special beaker I'm suppose to get? I don't see one. I do have a griffin in my inventory but thought that was for the cemetery?

Thanks.

[Post New]by TheSherlockian on Aug 14, 14 7:59 PM
I think you'd only need something else if the tasks asked for it. Believe me, if you needed a beaker, there'd be a task for finding the beaker. The game's very particular about those kind of things.

If in doubt thought, maybe click the hint button and see where it points (the main one at the bottom of the screen, not for the task). At this point, I don't see any other paths to take.

[Post New]by gamergrrrl03 on Aug 15, 14 4:55 AM
Thanks for the help Sherlockian. I tried the hint button. It either points me to the scientist on the left side of the screen which tells me to put the bird in the nest (it does that when I am actually in the Special Acid making screen and hit the button) or when in the main area points me to the Special Acid task in the Scientist's House. I am either not far enough along somehow or there is a glitch. I will try and complete the rest of Iris's task and see if that helps. If not, I guess I just have to pay the orbs to skip it.

Thanks for all the help though. I really appreciated it.

[Post New]by gamergrrrl03 on Aug 15, 14 8:53 PM
The latest update on 8/15 did not fix this glitch. Still can't cut the flower and complete this task.

Kapoho7
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Kapoho7 on Aug 15, 14 11:27 PM
you have to click the knife and then the flower a few times, and the it will cut.

[Post New]by shikitenshi on Aug 16, 14 5:08 AM
I skipped it , I couldn't cut it either no matter how many times I clicked

PGorski
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by PGorski on Aug 16, 14 11:06 PM
I;m at the same spot. I have the knife, the flower, the bottles. Knife won't cut flower. Frustrating!

Go to: