Japan Mysteries

[Post New]by krakwaw on Aug 12, 14 9:31 AM
Can you tell me how to get to Japan Mysteries?

Matahari24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,046 Posts

Re:Japan Mysteries

[Post New]by Matahari24 on Aug 12, 14 9:35 AM
It is not open yet for anybody. We are all waiting for the game to go forward.

aim4stars
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by aim4stars on Aug 13, 14 11:41 AM
A lot of the artisans who develop these games are from the Ukraine. I learned this a while back doing research on the names of the artists and developers listed in the credits of some of the great HOPA games in the Big Fish line up...Puppet town, Dire Grove, Royal Detective and the like...

It is possible the unrest in that region of the world has resulted in a slow down.

We have an artist friend from Serbia who was working with us on an art project who had very limited access to internet and computer during the conflict there several years ago.

This also accounts for why the game refreshes around 3 p.m. central time and why there are so many odd misspellings and names like Prosper Bull.. I think this is a literal translation....very sweet actually.

I find the flubs sort of endearing .

I don't know if this is the reason for the slow down in further development of the game or not, but it could be.

Happy gaming, everyone!

rheashard2
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by rheashard2 on Aug 13, 14 12:50 PM
Glad to learn to learn something new. I have played the games you mentioned aim4stars. I wondered about that strange refresh time too.

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Aug 13, 14 1:25 PM
The developers of this game are a small company based in Ivanovo in Russia which is about 160 miles North East of Moscow. It looks like they have been developing other games recently (which explains why there hasn't been a lot of progress toward Japan here!) There is a Sherlock Holmes game and one based on the olympic resort in Sochi and a fishing game. It seems like they are looking to recruit more staff, so fingers crossed some of them are devoted to RoM

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Aug 13, 14 2:16 PM
Thanks for the update, Rumbi!

aim4stars
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by aim4stars on Aug 13, 14 2:52 PM
Thanks for the info on the other developers and artists involved in creating our wonderful games, Rumbi!

Matahari24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,046 Posts

[Post New]by Matahari24 on Aug 14, 14 2:56 AM
aim4stars wrote:This also accounts for why the game refreshes around 3 p.m. central time

very true and very interesting!
Now that I am at +2GMT my game resets at 11pm. And Moscow (and west of Moscow) is +1h from me so there it resets at midnight.
I love when everything makes sense!

Go to: