bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to The Legend of Crystal Valley forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 1, 09 11:00 PM
Welcome to The Legend of Crystal Valley forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other The Legend of Crystal Valley players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to The Legend of Crystal Valley forum

[Post New]by cyruskenya on Apr 2, 09 4:13 AM
How come this is not a full 60 minute trial version as it says it is?? As soon as I get through the cavern to the statue it ends!!

gojojogo
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
465 Posts

[Post New]by gojojogo on Apr 2, 09 4:31 AM
As far as I can see you do have 60 minutes play time but the demo version is not the full game. They have provided a short limited area to play in to see if you like the feel of the game. Once you reach the end of the demo you can not progress any further in the game but you may still have time on the clock to play the demo again for free.
I do see the logic in this but I do feel that they have not provided 60 mins worth of game by a long shot.
Also i found that the tutorial message screen covered the shelves in the shed so I had to end the tutorial to interact with them.
On a positive note, great tutorial There are always a lot of posts from people new to these sort of games that are very confused as the in-game instructions are not clear.

elsie15
Herring
Herring
321 Posts

[Post New]by elsie15 on Apr 2, 09 4:53 AM
I was pleased to test out this type of game as I have never purchased one before and now feel confident enough to try one of the large file games. I also agree that the tutorial was really helpful to me.

However, which of the games would be the best one to do for a complete novice. Any suggestions would be welcome.

[Post New]by gibbye on Apr 2, 09 4:53 AM
I downlaoded this game for the 60 minute trial and cannot get the game to load...I keep getting an error message. What's the solution?

firestone1960
Flounder
Flounder
2,309 Posts

[Post New]by firestone1960 on Apr 2, 09 5:01 AM
I'm in the same boat gibbye - except I don't get an error message - all I get is a black screen - and right before that I get a little "DOS command" type window that pops up and then goes away and leaves me with a black screen - I escape out of that and the game manager shows minutes played as if the game had been open.

I'm confuzzled..........

[Post New]by gibbye on Apr 2, 09 5:06 AM
I uninstalled and reinstalled and still get the error message so I guess we are plum out of luck for this one.

bignanny60
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by bignanny60 on Apr 2, 09 5:06 AM
firestone1960 wrote:I'm in the same boat gibbye - except I don't get an error message - all I get is a black screen - and right before that I get a little "DOS command" type window that pops up and then goes away and leaves me with a black screen - I escape out of that and the game manager shows minutes played as if the game had been open.

I'm confuzzled..........

bignanny60
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by bignanny60 on Apr 2, 09 5:10 AM
smae thing happening to me i thought it was my computor cause i am having so much trouble trying to play any games i also think i know why my csi:ny will not play i see i need window/vista which i do not have i guess ill just have to get a game exchange boy and i just love csi {all of them tv shows}

smfmmom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by smfmmom on Apr 2, 09 5:16 AM
so is there no way to fix the black screen thing? I am having the same problem. I have windows xp it says windows xp/vista

gojojogo
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
465 Posts

[Post New]by gojojogo on Apr 2, 09 5:27 AM
I got the little black screen flash up, but VERY quickly, just caught a glimpse of writing (DOS I presume?!?) then I had a blank screen for 10-15 seconds but eventually there was some small writing at the bottom saying game loading and it worked fine from there.
This may be a problem with RAM, the higher the RAM the more multi-tasking a computer can do. If you are having problems it might be worth closing any other programmes that you are running and don't need. This gives the computer the chance to deal with less things at one time. They are clever little but need a fair amount of house cleaning.

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Apr 2, 09 5:27 AM
Everyone who has problems running the game - there should be a "Repair" option that was build-in by developers. Unfortunately, this little program is not accessible through BFG window.
Here are few simple steps how to run this utility and force your game to run:
1. Search your hard drive(s) for "locv_recovery"
2. If you find it, start it by double-clicking on it!
3. under "Rendering Subsystem" list select "OpenGL Rendering..."
(basically there are two systems: a) DirectX and b) OpenGL) - try both of them - one of then will work 100%!!!
4. Click on the "OK" button

I know this is a bit trouble for some of you, but this game uses advanced graphic effects and uses your 3D video-card, so, unfortunately, some of you may experience some trouble at the first run. But these errors are extremely rare and 99% of us will never experience anything like this.

I hope this will help! Enjoy the game!

PS. I'm sure they'll fix it soon

maabea9116
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by maabea9116 on Apr 2, 09 6:33 AM
Error here too! I emailed Customer Service and did a Dr. Felix diag to send to them about my system. (Customer Service at BFG ROCKS! They are the best I've seen!)
I too have Windows XP and it is a supported system.
While waiting for Customer Service this morning I am gonna try the above suggestion and see what happens. I'll let ya know.

maabea9116
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by maabea9116 on Apr 2, 09 6:43 AM
It worked! (At least so far lol)
WOW You are awesome Ivanbral! Thank you very much for offering a simple and less than 3 minute solution.
I just did a quick file search "locv_recovery", double clicked, switched the rendering option to the other one listed, and then tried to play the game.
I am now at the main menu of the game and the sounds and graphics are working fine so far!
Off to set up game name and play to see how it goes!
I'll let customer service know if this is a permanent fix etc.
Thanks everyone for sharing!

smfmmom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by smfmmom on Apr 2, 09 7:00 AM
the fix worked for me too just finished the trail version and now downloading the full version tyvm

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Apr 2, 09 7:29 AM
The fix worked BUT only for about 5 minutes. It crashed after that???
But thanks anyway. It seems to have worked for others. So that's good.
Customer Service (BFG has the BEST!!) told me that they will get to the developers ASAP. So I wait.....

maabea9116
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by maabea9116 on Apr 2, 09 7:31 AM
(Sounds of Charlie Brown Good Griefing in the air")
Sigh...................
It didn't totally fix whatever problem there was. As soon as I start a new game, the opening video concludes and the daughter walks to the graveyard gate it automatically ends the program and the Big Fish game console pops up thanking me for playing the game. Tried it twice now... Same glitch both times.
What a tease! To show me the video then thank me for playing! Playing what? LOL!
ARGH!
I will continue to work with customer service and tell them the new development. I hope the fix works for the many other players who had the problem on the TGT thread for LOCV.
Happy gaming!

[Post New]by huntersmome on Apr 2, 09 12:19 PM
I cant even download!! Takes FOREVER to even get 1% and then it tells me the its been interrupted.. Frustrating, because it looks like it might be fun to play

Kira5
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Kira5 on Apr 2, 09 12:40 PM
Could anyone give me a hint about what to do with the shelves and the statues?

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Apr 2, 09 12:57 PM
elsie15 wrote:I was pleased to test out this type of game as I have never purchased one before and now feel confident enough to try one of the large file games. I also agree that the tutorial was really helpful to me.

However, which of the games would be the best one to do for a complete novice. Any suggestions would be welcome.

I'd recommend Nancy Drew Haunted Carousel. It's not too hard. I had to look up what to do on the Barnacle Blast game and there is a cheat I posted from a different site on that thread here.

Go to: