Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

This game is AMAZING & does anyone have this graphics issue?

[Post New]by Yaelle on Apr 1, 09 11:39 PM
I cant say enough great things about this game. Its 100% perfect in every way.
This is something I am willing to forget about since the game is so great, but I was wondering if anyone else has this? In the Winkie Country, there is a large strip of the game going from the top to the bottom of my screen & about 3 inches wide where it's just black. It actually looks like blackness with little stars shining. I know it must be some kind of technical problem because the character disappears briefly while walking through it & they dont acknowledge it in the story line at all.
Did I mention how great this game is??
If anyone reading this is on the fence, I say definitely get Emerald City Confidential. Its 2:39 am and I'm still up playing LOL.

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

Re:This game is AMAZING & does anyone have this graphics issue?

[Post New]by goeash on Apr 2, 09 1:57 AM
I haven't got that far yet Yaelle - still playing the demo but am tempted to buy it as I agree with you, it is good.

FlashKnockOut
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by FlashKnockOut on Apr 2, 09 2:30 AM
It did not happend when I played the game so it must be as you say, a technical problem. Perhaps during installation of the game or some computer error. Good luck fixing it. And have to say, this game rocks.

twilyght
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by twilyght on Apr 2, 09 3:14 PM
i havent seen that either. definitely sounds like some kind of a glitch, possibly while you were dl'ing the file. maybe you should try deleting the file and then redownload it again? thats if it bothers you of course lol

Felinda
Clownfish
Clownfish
666 Posts

[Post New]by Felinda on Apr 2, 09 4:19 PM
Yaelle - Yes, I also had that problem with the graphics. In Dee's bedroom, and on top of Glinda's tower. I haven't finished the game yet, but another poster on the Mac Forum had the same problem with 3 of the scenes. After I have finished the game I will contact the game's original author to let them know where there are problems.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Feb 28, 10 9:42 PM
Felinda wrote:Yaelle - Yes, I also had that problem with the graphics. In Dee's bedroom, and on top of Glinda's tower. I haven't finished the game yet, but another poster on the Mac Forum had the same problem with 3 of the scenes. After I have finished the game I will contact the game's original author to let them know where there are problems.

Me too -- in Dee's Room and in the Diner/Tin Man area. I see this is an old post, but just wanted to add experiencing the problem as well.

ScarybookGirl
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by ScarybookGirl on Jun 17, 10 7:51 PM
If all else fails, maybe try reinstalling the game? BFG said they had a new updated version sooooo.....

[Post New]by MariposaMorada on Sep 2, 10 10:13 PM
I bought it recently and I'm having the same issue playing it on my macbook. Annoying.

If we reinstall it, do we lose our progress?

dsrtrosy
Clownfish
Clownfish
677 Posts

[Post New]by dsrtrosy on Apr 5, 12 8:02 AM
I realize this is an old post but wanted to also note that I'm having the same problem--especially since there's no sticky "Technical Problems" thread. So far mine has been in Dee's room and in the Winkie city, where I just landed. I guess if they didn't fix it three years ago, they are unlikely to fix it now.

Still, one of the best games I've played on here. I've played for about 4 hours over the last three days and just finished Chapter 2!!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 5, 12 12:16 PM
Hi dsrtrosy,

I just swam by and saw your post about the graphics issue with Emerald City Confidential.

We have a great help article that gives a few things you can try that often fix the sort of thing you're describing. I'm pasting a link to it below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

(If you click the blue text you'll be taken right there.)

If you try those ideas and are still having problems, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support. They'll be able to take a look at how the game is running on your computer and see what can be done to get the game display back to normal.

The post I'm linking below goes through the steps to contact Support and send them info about the problem you're having:

How do I contact Customer/Tech/Mac Support?

I hope this helps!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 04/05/2012 at 12:17:15 PM PST

dsrtrosy
Clownfish
Clownfish
677 Posts

[Post New]by dsrtrosy on Apr 15, 12 9:21 PM
Apparently in talking to fishies in the Mac forums, it's a very well-known issue with this game that has never been resolved. But thanks for the note!

Go to: