Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

12,000 coins (spoiler for those under level 35)

[Post New]by Amerzone on Aug 13, 14 10:14 AM
I finally got 12,000 coins as my last thing that I could do in my game at level 35. I did HOS until I had 12,017 coins and opened the new area in the Commercial District. ARGH!! Now I need 7500 coins to open something else in the new Craftsman District.

So I sit here with 17 coins. Not the fewest I've ever had but pretty darn close.

I had a feeling back when we were doing the Bow Figurine Nightmare that the devs would change the game to needing more money instead of diamonds, and that's what they did. I then wondered when they would make us do multiples of items for quests and they've done that.

I don't mind the 'need more diamonds for multiple item quests' because diamonds are cheap to buy but I will never buy coins. I will quit the game before I do. They are way over priced. To buy coins to open this 7500 coin area would cost me about $20 US. Really? $20? Ain't happenin'. I'll just have to do about 4 more rounds of HOS and I'll be in.

Why can't they do a sale? Come on BFG! The coin price is ridiculous. Can't you see that you'd get more money just by having a sale? People who've never bought might actually plunk some cash down.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

Re:12,000 coins (spoiler for those under level 35)

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Aug 13, 14 10:36 AM
Can't believe that they are continuing the trend to make these areas so tremendously expensive to open. To have to spend 12K to open an area only to be met with another 7500 you have to earn is ridiculous!!

I truly don't mind the quests that require multiple items....even the ones that ask for multiple crafted items. But I do object to the exorbitant costs they have built into the game. I guess they finally found a way to slow down progress to a crawl now!! Before this last update I was playing probably 4 rounds of HOS a day to earn coins. Now I find I am so bored by this routine and lack of progress that I might do a full round once a day and that's all I can tolerate. Sadly, I think the direction they are taking this game will cause players to quit in droves.

I've been sitting on Level 33 for what seems like forever because of the costs and the boredom involved in repetitively doing the HOS. My solution at this point is to delete the game once it gets over level 30 and start over....I'll keep one game at the highest level I can and delete the other two that I started during the level 18 lockout. The part of the game I enjoy the most is before level 20 anyway.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Aug 13, 14 10:36 AM
Amerzone,
So glad to hear such a positive attitude "I'll just have to do about 4 more rounds of HOS and I'll be in." as just a few rounds if all your HOS are at 1 hour wait times will get your coins back pretty quickly, especially if you add a pet feeding and an airship delivery.

To everyone:
If anyone is needing coins and makes the decision to actually make a $ purchase then I recommend buying diamonds instead.

It is better to buy diamonds and go to Six-Paws, use the diamonds to get the Insight Rings and Glowing Darkness, open Six-Paws, then sell what comes out for 850 coins, repeat.

The price of coins in comparison with buying diamonds to make coins is cost prohibitive. Better on you pocket book to buy diamonds to make coins than buying coins.

example: To open up the area for 7500 coins:
Buy 130 diamonds for $4.99 and use 108 of them (9 trips x 12 diamonds per trip) in Six-Paws and sell the items for a total of 7650 coins earned.
or
Buy 13,162 coins for $29.99 (which is the lowest purchase to get the 7500 coins.

That being said, without purchasing either coins or diamonds, I have made 30,000 coins in one ten hour day. I have all but 3 HOS up to 1 hour waits (they pay out at 50 coins). I made the rounds each hour. Sent the Airship every time it came back. Fed about 6 pets. That was a pretty good day.

Bottom line: Patience playing the HOS is the better way to go financially, but if your contemplating making a purchase of coins or diamonds - see above.

BTW - A SALE WOULD BE AWESOME !

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Aug 13, 14 10:38 AM
Totally agree that we are waaaay overdue for a sale in this game. Since they have already had several sales for the iOS version, we definitely deserve a sale!!!

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Aug 13, 14 10:51 AM
Hi Silver, thanks for the reminder about Six Paws. I'll have to do that a few times to make a bit of money before the devs change it. .

Go to: