Andru1535
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

Music to play by

[Post New]by Andru1535 on Aug 13, 14 1:24 PM
I don't have the background music on the game, but I always have music playing in my home. I'm pretty eclectic in my tastes ranging from jazz, to classical, to 60s and 70s rock. Right now I have on a Best of the Doors CD. In my opinion one of the greatest rock groups of all time.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

Re:Music to play by

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Aug 13, 14 5:55 PM
I suppose that must help pass the time when you're in an especially boring repetition of HOS, or calming when you're getting frustrated at another bloody lotus. What music goes best with what scenes or quests, any ideas?

jwannie
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by jwannie on Aug 15, 14 5:10 AM
How do you play to your own music?

Andru1535
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by Andru1535 on Aug 15, 14 5:19 AM
I play it on a stero system not thru the game itself.

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

Music to play by

[Post New]by guppies56 on Aug 15, 14 5:22 AM
Andru1535 wrote:I don't have the background music on the game, but I always have music playing in my home. I'm pretty eclectic in my tastes ranging from jazz, to classical, to 60s and 70s rock. Right now I have on a Best of the Doors CD. In my opinion one of the greatest rock groups of all time.

Wow I thought we were almost extinct, I play 60/70's rock whilst playing, love the Doors, Hendrix, Supertramp, Led Zep and a very underrated band *Mountain* If I were cast out upon a desert island and could only choose one track on an album to take with me, it would be Mountain's Nantucket Sleighride.....Absolute magic

Edited on 08/15/2014 at 5:22:50 AM PST

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Aug 15, 14 5:50 AM
I just have Chihuahuas barking when I play

[Post New]by Deavie on Aug 15, 14 6:18 AM
OMG!! Nantucket Sleighride!! I have that song on my MP3 player and my husband and I joke, every single time it comes on, Nantucket Sleighride...only song Mountain ever did. It is a great song!

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Aug 15, 14 6:28 AM
Deavie wrote:OMG!! Nantucket Sleighride!! I have that song on my MP3 player and my husband and I joke, every single time it comes on, Nantucket Sleighride...only song Mountain ever did. It is a great song!

Oh wow, i've never come across anybody that's ever heard of it let alone listens to it,
That is my all time favourite song, so hauntingly beautiful and perfect for MC.
Have you listened to any of their albums? Some good tracks but nothing can compare to Nantucket Sleighride, they just couldn't top it and that was probably their downfall

drew248
Clownfish
Clownfish
870 Posts

[Post New]by drew248 on Aug 15, 14 7:23 AM
Didn't Mountain Do "Hold Your Head Up" ?
Or Was That Argent ?

[Post New]by Deavie on Aug 15, 14 7:38 AM
guppies56 wrote:
Deavie wrote:OMG!! Nantucket Sleighride!! I have that song on my MP3 player and my husband and I joke, every single time it comes on, Nantucket Sleighride...only song Mountain ever did. It is a great song!

Oh wow, i've never come across anybody that's ever heard of it let alone listens to it,
That is my all time favourite song, so hauntingly beautiful and perfect for MC.
Have you listened to any of their albums? Some good tracks but nothing can compare to Nantucket Sleighride, they just couldn't top it and that was probably their downfall

I *might* have listened to Mountain's albums when Nantucket Sleighride came out...frankly....can't remember! :-)). But I loved Sleighride, obviously, since I still listen to it.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Aug 15, 14 8:05 AM
drew248 wrote:Didn't Mountain Do "Hold Your Head Up" ?
Or Was That Argent ?

That must have been Argent, because I don't recall either Mountain or Nantucket Sleigh Ride without hearing it (which I'm going to go do now if it's on youtube).

drew248
Clownfish
Clownfish
870 Posts

[Post New]by drew248 on Aug 15, 14 9:19 AM
Yes Rosie it Was Argent
The Mountain Song I Was Thinking Of Was "Mississippi Queen"

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Aug 15, 14 9:37 AM
I remember that one too, just didn't remember who did it.
It brought back memories of another oldie I haven't heard for years that would work for Skull Pete - "Ride, Captain Ride". Salty's needs music too, something honky-tonk maybe?

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Aug 15, 14 9:46 AM
drew248 wrote:Yes Rosie it Was Argent

Sorry Drew i've just got back from the supermarket, it was definitely Argent and not Mountain

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Aug 15, 14 10:57 AM
If you want haunting listen to * Zammir The Lonely Shepard* they used it for the Kill Bill movie and then you can hear what a pan flute sounds like (pan flute in the *pound*)

drew248
Clownfish
Clownfish
870 Posts

[Post New]by drew248 on Aug 15, 14 12:26 PM
guppies56 wrote:
drew248 wrote:Yes Rosie it Was Argent

Sorry Drew i've just got back from the supermarket, it was definitely Argent and not Mountain

[Post New]by drew248 on August 15, 9:19 AM
Yes Rosie it Was Argent

hvymtlcttr
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by hvymtlcttr on Aug 16, 14 8:53 PM
My favorite is pink Floyd, loud.

Go to: