shanyem
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

New Fix - Does it Work?!!! Please comment!

[Post New]by shanyem on Aug 13, 14 11:25 PM
Before I purchase this game (I only have 7min left on the free hour) I want to see if the problems I and others have encountered actually were fixed! I have the 'pillow' that won't go away in the girl's room. I also hear there are other problems with the bonus game. Please comment so we all know what is going on. I'm a long time player (as many of us are!) and lately there have been several games that have these kinds of problems. I'm not going to be offered a game coupon that expires - yes, that is what they offered me for another game that just can't be fixed. It's just that just this year I've had almost 10 (yes, 10) coupons expire on me because we can't use any for CE's. I've suggested a few times that they change this - even if it's like 5 coupons or more!!! At least we'd have to option! Sorry for the rant…just a little frustrated.

Re:New Fix - Does it Work?!!! Please comment!

[Post New]by charliehenry on Aug 14, 14 7:10 AM
Totally agree about the coupons. I would not mind using several for CE's - rarely do I buy any others. They could also give us a game credit instead-we could redeem that for anything.

[Post New]by kiejdicu on Aug 14, 14 10:36 AM
I just uploaded the update and the game resumed in the exact same spot. The ottoman problem is not solved.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Aug 15, 14 1:02 AM
The fix does work, but you do have to start the game over under a new player name. At least it was only about an hour in, and this is a good long game, 5 + hours for me, so I didn't mind starting over, took much less time the second time around.

leboyd170
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by leboyd170 on Aug 15, 14 3:01 PM
So you can't just upload the fixes and then continue on from where you were? If that is the case, this stinks!

Edited on 08/15/2014 at 3:19:55 PM PST

[Post New]by bobbiegirl6248 on Aug 16, 14 4:35 PM
I updated too and let it delete the original game and tried to click on bonus, play and exit, I had to use ESCAPE to get out of it. Someone needs to take responsibility for this mess up....the original game played just fine for me but I like to get the CE for the bonus, unusual for BF to have something like this happen.....hope they make it right for everyone!

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Aug 18, 14 10:40 AM
Hey all fellow fishies....

Same thing happened to me.

BF is aware of the problems, and they have an excellent CS department, so hang tight, they will fix it' for us, how ever they deem is appropriate.

Never been let down yet by them.

Ci

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

New Fix - Does it Work?!!! Please comment!

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Aug 19, 14 3:27 PM
shanyem wrote:Before I purchase this game (I only have 7min left on the free hour) I want to see if the problems I and others have encountered actually were fixed! I have the 'pillow' that won't go away in the girl's room. I also hear there are other problems with the bonus game. Please comment so we all know what is going on. I'm a long time player (as many of us are!) and lately there have been several games that have these kinds of problems. I'm not going to be offered a game coupon that expires - yes, that is what they offered me for another game that just can't be fixed. It's just that just this year I've had almost 10 (yes, 10) coupons expire on me because we can't use any for CE's. I've suggested a few times that they change this - even if it's like 5 coupons or more!!! At least we'd have to option! Sorry for the rant…just a little frustrated.

Replacement Coupons do NOT expire. The only ones that expire are PCCs but I wish you could use them for discounts on CEs, too.

Eyereen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Eyereen on Aug 19, 14 11:18 PM
The fix didn't work for me, I have exactly the same problem with the lamp shade crescent in the girl's room. Now my trial time is over due mostly to the attempt to overcome the problem. This time I'm definitely not making the same mistake as before when I purchased the other glitch-filled games, so I'll never find out if the game will work properly. It's a shame because I enjoyed this game a lot until encountering the bug...

[Post New]by berettaugb25 on Aug 20, 14 1:58 AM
I can't get past the hunting room. the stone feather is not there and hints just stop working...I've uninstalled and re-installed, deleted player profiles and started as a new player, but no go, its a shame cos I really like this game

daisey88
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by daisey88 on Aug 21, 14 7:47 AM
The fix did not work for me either. Still stuck in girl's room with lamp shade and crescent moons.

[Post New]by Aperfectseal on Aug 24, 14 1:06 PM
My game is frozen. I have reloaded it and nothing changed. I deleted and reloaded and it will not work. I really liked this game, too.

Go to: