Please post your TECH ISSUES for Ghosts of the Past: Bones of Meadows Town Collector's Editio

[Post New]by pondprowler on Aug 14, 14 12:34 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 08/14/2014 at 5:39:41 AM PST

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Ghosts of the Past: Bones of Meadows Town Collector's Edi

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 14, 14 3:19 AM
I was almost at the end of the demo when I became stuck as I cannot pick up the net string to repair the net. Assuming the Strategy Guide is correct, it shows the net string is by the school door, but when I click on the area all I get is a question mark and the black bar at the top says "Of course the shool is closed - the whole town is closed".

Has anyone got passed this stage yet? If they have, and managed to collect the string from the school door with no problems I guess I am not going be able to continue to play.

I'm using Windows Vista and my computer is up to date.

Dudesmum
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Ghosts of the Past: Bones of Meadows Town Collector's Edi

[Post New]by Dudesmum on Aug 14, 14 3:37 AM
Howdy,

It looks like yo have to make the net with Net String and Insulation tape?

Do you have those? The String is back one step... and it says use the Net string and Insulation tape and you click next to the fishing rod on the right near the school, to get the net...

Hope it helps... once I get that far I can see if I can explain it better

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Ghosts of the Past: Bones of Meadows Town Collector's Ed

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 14, 14 3:58 AM
Hi Dudesmum

Yes I have the insulating tape, I have seen the damaged net and the fishing rod and I know where the reel is for the fishing rod but to get it I need the net string, and the game is just not letting me pick it up.

Too bad as I was really enjoying the game.

Edited on 08/14/2014 at 3:59:44 AM PST

seaseaone
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Ghosts of the Past: Bones of Meadows Town Collector's Ed

[Post New]by seaseaone on Aug 14, 14 5:07 AM
I'd be really happy if I could get past picking up the sat nav in the opening screen!

Have now deleted and reloaded and got about 2 more scenes further on and the same thing happened when trying to collect the police car flashing light - so its a no buy for me - this is happening all too often lately :-((

Edited on 08/15/2014 at 9:27:58 AM PST

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Ghosts of the Past: Bones of Meadows Town Collector's E

[Post New]by shelterhill on Aug 14, 14 5:10 AM
Daxadillion wrote:Hi Dudesmum

Yes I have the insulating tape, I have seen the damaged net and the fishing rod and I know where the reel is for the fishing rod but to get it I need the net string, and the game is just not letting me pick it up.

Too bad as I was really enjoying the game.

I had the tape, but not the net, but could get into the lighthouse, where the demo ended.. so i don't think this is an issue yet. When the demo ended i had lots in my invetory, I assume that you need those after you buy the game and can proceed.

Dudesmum
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by Dudesmum on Aug 14, 14 5:15 AM
Oh no a major poo...

I've brought the game and was able to grasp what looks like an old net shopping bag up okay...

Was playing a game the other day and I got to the last chapter and the game started having little glitches ... but then it wouldn't open up a game or HO scene and ofcourse I could not finish it ... Cried for a few hours before uninstalling it.

Have yet to reload and replay unmentionable game about Mafia, Children, butterflies and Swamp Goo ... As I would hate to have the same thing happen.

I would suggest trying to reload the game (remembering I don't work here) and follow the normal Bigfish guidelines...

I'm on Windows 8 and I too have a computer with all the fruit (all the you beaut bits )...

It's now up to you if you risk it and buy the game and see if that helps or just wait for others with Vistas to trial the game

Orrooo

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Aug 14, 14 5:39 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Aug 14, 14 6:22 AM
I didn't get to the end of the Demo, the game just stopped, and when I tried going back into the game, all I got was a blank black screen, so I'm not going to bother with it, I really wish the developers would make sure that there games are problem free before they release them, it's not on, I'm glad I didn't buy this game, I hope they remove the problems

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 14, 14 6:41 AM
PROBLEM RESOLVED - Yay I can continue with the game.

As I had run out of demo time I took a chance on what Shelterhill said above and as soon as I'd purchased the game I could pick up the net string.

Thank you Dudesmum and Shelterhill for your input.

Whoever wrote that Strategy Guide obviously didn't bother to play the game, it should have read as - "you have to buy the game before we will let you pick up the net string" - lol.

MrsSkippy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,388 Posts

[Post New]by MrsSkippy on Aug 14, 14 8:13 AM
Can't get game demo to download. Keep getting Error 3

[Post New]by shelterhill on Aug 14, 14 1:45 PM
Glad to have helped, Daxadillion, happy gaming

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Aug 14, 14 2:43 PM
Hi MrsSkippy,

I'm sorry to see you're getting that error when downloading the game. I have looked into this and it appears this error can come up for several reason. Below, I have provided a link with some common troubleshooting steps that can help:

Error Code 3

If you are still running into problems, please contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps can get the additional details needed to clear up this problem.

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

Magnigying Glass Doesn't Work

[Post New]by LaineeLou on Aug 15, 14 4:23 PM
When I bring up the magnifying glass to view close-up, there is nothing there. If I click around blindly, I will eventually click on whatever object I'm supposed to locate, but the object isn't visible. This is the second game I have had this problem with. I don't see other complaints, so I'm sure it has something to do with my system, but I don't know how or if it can be fixed. Bummer.

Emmmms1974
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Ghosts of the Past: Bones of Meadows Town Collector's E

[Post New]by Emmmms1974 on Aug 16, 14 4:07 AM
Really enjoyed this game........that was until about 25 minutes into the demo and it became all glitchy!! Froze 5 times!! Shame because I would have bought it

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Aug 17, 14 2:03 AM
I can not see anything when I get the "zoom in ring" ............

[Post New]by harleyrider2 on Aug 17, 14 12:18 PM
Hi! Love the game, played the demo & bought it. I'm to the hospital yard & have no toy bat to give the dog, even though I fixed the moose's antlers with the tape and received the evidence & rune. There was no toy bat there and it will not let me open it again. I have Windows 8 OS & IE 11. Thanks for your help!

Edited on 08/17/2014 at 12:46:22 PM PST

[Post New]by hunteringram on Aug 17, 14 3:02 PM
I'm outside the museum by the "weight game" where you hit the plate with the hammer to see how strong you are. I'm trying to get the last energy orb, but it won't appear. I looked at the guide and it shows that it's sort of behind the image that you want to see with the device, but i doesn't show on the game. please help.

[Post New]by Killerwoman on Aug 17, 14 5:34 PM
Well, this is the second game that I have downloaded that has audio but no video!! I can hear the game but can't see it!! This is very frustrating. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this? If not, I will have to try and get my money back on both games. I really would rather play. I am running Windows 8.1. Can anyone help?

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 17, 14 8:49 PM
Killerwoman wrote:Well, this is the second game that I have downloaded that has audio but no video!! I can hear the game but can't see it!! This is very frustrating. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this? If not, I will have to try and get my money back on both games. I really would rather play. I am running Windows 8.1. Can anyone help?

You have probably done this already, but you might want to see if you have the latest versions of Flash Player, Java, DirectX, and driver for your graphics card. I'd also make sure that your Windows updates are current. Black screen is usually a graphics card driver issue or a Flash Player issue, but it can also be caused by any of those others. If updating those doesn't help, then definitely send in a customer service request and I'd attach a Dr. Felix report, too, so you can get a meaningful response more quickly.

One other thing you can try. Once in a while your AV might be causing an issue. Try playing the game with your anti-virus turned off. If that helps, then play that way, but remember to turn it back on before going online.

Go to: