unknitter
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

How many chapters are there?

[Post New]by unknitter on Aug 15, 14 8:31 PM
I've reached chapter 9 and played one round at the police station. The game froze with an access error. I don't know how close to the end I am.

I see that an update was released on 8/13 but it doesn't show up in my game manager. When I do the search for updates it says there are none. Will I get the update if I just re-install from my account?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:How many chapters are there?

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 15, 14 10:06 PM
Thanks for pointing out that update. I didn't see it on my GM either, and completely missed that sticky at the top.

I can't remember how many chapters there are, but 9 sounds about right to me, although I couldn't swear to it.

--- --- ---

Edited to add: I just installed the new version, but had to restart the game. When I clicked on "Continue in Story Mode", the game closed down. I assume that with all the changes made to the game, it won't be able to continue the game that was played before the update.

Edited on 08/15/2014 at 10:26:30 PM PST

unknitter
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by unknitter on Aug 16, 14 9:08 AM
Thank you, Valdy. I figured I'd have to start from the beginning. I really like the game so I don't mind. It's one of those you can play over again when the HOPA games start to wear thin!

I don't understand why the update doesn't show up through the Game Manager, even when I tell it to search for updates. I'm going to try reinstalling it through my Purchase History page, but from the description of the update I have a feeling it won't resolve my access error. If not, then I guess I'll need to contact Support.

Update: Today, after shutting down the computer overnight, I was able to continue my game at the location where I got an access violation. I plan to keep playing to try to complete the game before I download the update.

Edited on 08/16/2014 at 10:21:38 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 16, 14 6:11 PM
I had already finished the game once, and only just restarted it when you mentioned the update, so it wasn't any hardship to just start again from the beginning, since I haven't been that far into my second game yet.

What I like is that if you keep your profile and only click on "new game", you keep all the face cards that you have bought in the previous game, rather than having to buy them again.

unknitter
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by unknitter on Aug 16, 14 8:14 PM
That's good to know, thanks. I haven't had any more problems since I got back into it. Will play it again after I download the update. This game is a lot of fun!

[Post New]by beestitcher on Aug 23, 14 10:21 PM
There are 12 chapters. I made it through the game after restarting once. The first time I went from Ch. 10 back to Ch. 8 or 9 so I downloaded the upgrade, changed my cursor to small and my screen to stretch and started over. I had one access error but I got out of the game & back in and continued from where I left off.

Go to: