Please post your TECH ISSUES for Witches' Legacy: The Ties That Bind CE here (old)

[Post New]by pondprowler on Aug 16, 14 12:33 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 07/31/2017 at 4:57:26 PM PST

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Please post your TECH ISSUES for Witches' Legacy: The Ties That Bind Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by shorenuf on Aug 16, 14 12:54 AM
pondprowler wrote:A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Please include if you are using a PC or a Mac and which Operating System you are running.

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Witches' Legacy: The Ties That Bind Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by sandrachmiel on Aug 16, 14 5:20 AM
Hi there. I'm having problems with the two EleFun games that I'm playing on my Vista system. Both are collector's editions: Witches'Legacy Ties That Bind, and Mayan Prophecy Blood Moon. When the screen turns black in preparation for changing to a new scene, it never progresses. When I hit Crl-Alt-Dele it says there has been a "'fatal error"'. It has only been happening with the two EleFun games. Sometimes when I go back in to the game it will progress a little farther but happen again. Any ideas? Thank you, Sandy

lizmcduff
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Witches' Legacy: The Ties That Bind Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by lizmcduff on Aug 16, 14 6:09 AM
i'm having the same problem with "ties that bind"! i just found edward and the screen went black! i re-installed the game and it moved on a fraction then went black again!
i'm so glad i didn't buy this game before i tried it!!!!

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Witches' Legacy: The Ties That Bind Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Aug 16, 14 6:32 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bobobear
Flounder
Flounder
2,315 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Witches' Legacy: The Ties That Bind Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bobobear on Aug 16, 14 9:58 AM
Same problem here. I love Big Fish but lately I have been having problems with a lot of games crashing. I think they are releasing them to fast before checking for problems

Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by 4120 on Aug 16, 14 10:26 AM
I just started the game and it keeps telling me I need to fix the medallion for her and guess what surprise surprise I can;t get it to work I try and try and the hint keeps saying talk to her so I click on her and wow can;t do it the last three games I have bought have come with these stupid glitches.

jdlane32
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jdlane32 on Aug 16, 14 12:06 PM
Okay, this is the second game today with issues. In this one, I skipped a minigame i the train station attic that had me lighting every hexagon. The game shows the board as if it hadn't started, with a 'fire' behind the reset button, and unable to do anything. the SG shows that the board opens and a book and jewels should be available, but there isn't a way out of this. Without the book and jewels, I am unable to proceed. I've uninstalled and reinstalled with no change. I am going to start the game with a new profile, but with this one and a previous one that doesn't allow you to play the bonus game, I'm not too happy today. These collection editions aren't cheap. I appreciate that Big Fish is usually willing to give a coupon for these faulty games, but it's happening much too frequently.

[Post New]by adamsterri7 on Aug 16, 14 1:45 PM
I had the problem with the medallion and reinstalled and worked but then short time later has black out when going to new screen--- this happened twice now. Hate having to restart ever few minutes. Any suggestions????

[Post New]by betsybobbin on Aug 16, 14 5:26 PM
Same problem with fatal error response. Screen goes black. Mayan Prophecies fix did not solve that problem. I feel gypped....

lizmcduff
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by lizmcduff on Aug 16, 14 7:46 PM
i went to the help pages for a blank screen and followed the directions given! this seemed to work last night but today when i tried to play i was back to the blank screen when changing scenes! i tried the "fix" again but this time to no avail!! i purchased the game last night thinking that it was running correctly and now i can't play it!!!

[Post New]by gberkson on Aug 16, 14 9:34 PM
Entered the train station. According to the walkthrough, I am supposed to be able to click on the rubble twice. However, I cannot click on anything. According to the map and the hints, that is the only location where I am able to do anything. I hope I don't have to restart the entire game.

Playing on Windows 8.1

[Post New]by Idahonative on Aug 16, 14 11:37 PM
i'm playing on a PC with Windows 7, game played well all the way through, though the black screen between switching scene freaked me out a couple times by being a little slow. I started the Bonus game, and found the cellophane tape to bind the light on the coconut shell, but didn't have the light yet. But because the hint told me to use it on the coconut shell at that time, I found that when I received the light, I no longer have the tape, nor is it where I originally found it. So, I'm stuck with a light a coconut shell and an imp that won't go into the cave because he is afraid of the dark and could get hurt.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Aug 17, 14 12:56 AM
Same thing. I got a Fatal Error.

lizmcduff
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by lizmcduff on Aug 17, 14 3:13 AM
got the game going again but NOW i'm in the witches cave where i have to place a water symbol and fire symbol! i've done that but nothing happens!! there is nowhere else to go until i trigger this puzzle!! will try to re-install the game and see if that helps!
wish me luck

New1
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by New1 on Aug 17, 14 6:44 AM
gberkson wrote:Entered the train station. According to the walkthrough, I am supposed to be able to click on the rubble twice. However, I cannot click on anything. According to the map and the hints, that is the only location where I am able to do anything. I hope I don't have to restart the entire game.

Playing on Windows 8.1

I am having the same problem! Very frustrating... Please help, BF!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Aug 17, 14 7:37 AM
I had hoped to purchase this game with the replacement coupon I received for Mayan Prophecies which I could not play because of constant "fatal errors." Fortunately, I decided to demo this game and what happened? Fatal Error. So, obviously no purchase. I hope some CE game comes up that works, before my replacement coupon expires.

My list of non-working BigFish games is getting longer and longer. At least three that don't work were "purchased" with replacement coupons for other games that did not work. Glad I tried this before buying it, or I'd be stuck with yet another one.

BFGMCFFAN
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by BFGMCFFAN on Aug 17, 14 8:22 AM
Idahonative wrote:i'm playing on a PC with Windows 7, game played well all the way through, though the black screen between switching scene freaked me out a couple times by being a little slow. I started the Bonus game, and found the cellophane tape to bind the light on the coconut shell, but didn't have the light yet. But because the hint told me to use it on the coconut shell at that time, I found that when I received the light, I no longer have the tape, nor is it where I originally found it. So, I'm stuck with a light a coconut shell and an imp that won't go into the cave because he is afraid of the dark and could get hurt.

Same problem here, I'm playing on PC Windows 8

youreyes13
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by youreyes13 on Aug 17, 14 11:18 AM
Mac OS 10.9.4. The tape disappears in the bonus game and you cannot proceed any further. Glitches with every CE that's been released lately.

[Post New]by grandmagin on Aug 17, 14 12:06 PM
Having same problem with black screen when switching between locations. Stuck with the key puzzle. Completed puzzle but can't move on from there. Between Warlock and this game I'm about to give up on BF. Sent problem on both games to the tech people and all they did was send me free coupons. I'd rather play the game but if the tech's aren't willing to find a solution I guess it's the coupons and hope the next game I buy doesn't have problems. Love BF games but this is troublesome.

Go to: