Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

Detective License

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Aug 17, 14 8:47 PM
Where am I supposed to get 50,000 pieces of gold for my Detective License? And I assume since the clue has Dupin's hat on it, this is something I must have? Good grief this game is going to bankrupt me! HAHA I'm lucky if I have 3,000-4,000 at any given time.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Detective License

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 17, 14 9:14 PM
What level are you on, Tzeitel99? I am only on 28 or 29, and have yet to be robbed of my money. LOL

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Aug 17, 14 9:41 PM
Level 40. But as I once previously stated I did not play the game correctly or smartly at the beginning. I didn't use my amulets or didn't use them smartly, I didn't save gems or coins and then got upset so I began digging into my own coffers......I got to Level 26 at my brother's house in 5 days, not even playing close to full time! I had over 10,000 pieces of gold at one time, which I used to buy gems. But I wonder if I need this License to proceed? I suppose I do....sigh.

Edited on 08/29/2014 at 4:14:10 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 17, 14 9:45 PM
Oooh... level 40. Long way to go for me.

Since we always have 5 quests to work on, I am sure that you have enough time to accumulate the amount needed to get the license. If it's a quest, I can't see you getting around that one, but I am sure you don't have to do it just yet. As soon one quest has been completed, a new one always pops up.

Can't wait to get there, and be offered a license that will cost me an arm and a leg.

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Aug 18, 14 10:26 AM
Now I am confused as I only have 3 quests showing up! Since I completed a collection last night, I have only been getting 1-2 new quests. I am working on the 3rd to last collection for me. Still am not able to collect much money at one time without squandering it on gems! I am retired so I tend to play waaay too often throughout a given day!
When I went to Houston to visit my ill brother of course I was not there to play on the computer. So I didn't play often and when I did sit down I had a lot of energy available to me. This of course turned into coins.......which since I essentially sit on the game here at home, does not happen....

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Aug 27, 14 4:41 PM
Valdy, once the renewal for the License is requested, unless there are a couple of other quests left over, that is the end of the line. I am on Level 43 and the one and only quest that has been sitting there for about 2 weeks or longer is the Detective License renewal quest. As I mentioned in another post, the only option I have is to figure out if I can get another collection and find those pieces!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 28, 14 12:31 AM
Thank you for the info, Tzeitel (someone loves "Fiddler on the Roof" perhaps?).

So, are you saying you have unlocked all the buildings that can be found on the map, and there is nothing else left? This game actually has an ending?

I wouldn't mind hearing from the moderators. They must be able to find out whether there will be more of a map added.

luvmigame
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by luvmigame on Aug 28, 14 11:13 AM
Well, I'm confused also. I am at Level 42 and still have 5 quests that are always active. My game is only 63% complete. I have yet to see a quest for a license, but now I will start saving up for it. I have been (perhaps foolishly) using the gold to buy food to keep the game going. Does anyone know if we are supposed to finish this game without an update? I, too, would like to hear from a moderator.

Can you still play the game and acquire more gold without having any quests?

Hey Valdy. Nice to see you here. FYI - I have unlocked all the locations currently available.

Edited on 08/28/2014 at 11:22:56 AM PST

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Aug 29, 14 4:27 PM
Here is the breakdown of my original game. Once I was asked for the Detective License, I had fulfilled all my collections. So I had no real quests left. Maybe a random item or two. I realized I had squandered the coins buying energy and surely didn't have enough.

My search for the murderer is at 71% and has been for quite a while.

So, I decided there had to be something to advance me along. I made a list of all the pieces that would complete a collection for the 2nd or perhaps the 3rd time and went hunting for those items. I have been trying to get alcohol from the doctor's house for well over a week!!! There are very few collections at this time that only need one or two items so I am targeting these first.

I am on Level 44, have 604,856 in experience, 530 in energy now BUT because I still try to get ahead using the coins, I only have 13,663 in coin.

I opened a second user account and that player is on Level 30 with a bit more in coin and a third player is on Level 24 with an amount somewhere in between. If I don't calm down and stop using my coin I'll never get a Detective License renewal on any of the accounts!!!!

My Level 24 player by the way still does not have a Hunting Lodge or a Mill opened but my level 44 player just got a new sub-location at the Undertaker's house.

Speaking of locations, I wonder if the places where there are now watches will eventually become sub-locations? Geez we could play this forever and never hit the end! Well maybe not.....

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Aug 29, 14 4:31 PM
Valdy wrote:Thank you for the info, Tzeitel (someone loves "Fiddler on the Roof" perhaps?).

So, are you saying you have unlocked all the buildings that can be found on the map, and there is nothing else left? This game actually has an ending?

I wouldn't mind hearing from the moderators. They must be able to find out whether there will be more of a map added.

I dragged an old boyfriend to see Fiddler on the Roof. He was certain he would hate it as he was a rock and roll kind of guy. He liked it enough to take me again. A couple years later he began calling me Tzeitel which took me aback. I am the oldest, and had long dark hair. I think he just liked the name. So I adopted it!

Yes I opened all the locations and some sub-locations, so I think the game must have an ending. At least I hope so! HAHA

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 29, 14 7:50 PM
I love Fiddler on the Roof, and I don't like musicals in general.

But Tzeitel, all the buildings across the river on either sides of the map, those that are still hidden in the mist, you haven't been there yet, have you? Those will be open to us in later updates.

And yes, all those pocketwatches should eventually turn into sub-locations. Each time you open a new location, you have to fill it again with 5 stars before a new location opens.

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Aug 30, 14 7:17 AM
Valdy wrote:I love Fiddler on the Roof, and I don't like musicals in general.

But Tzeitel, all the buildings across the river on either sides of the map, those that are still hidden in the mist, you haven't been there yet, have you? Those will be open to us in later updates.

And yes, all those pocketwatches should eventually turn into sub-locations. Each time you open a new location, you have to fill it again with 5 stars before a new location opens.

I wondered about the buildings across the river! They will eventually open up? Wow this could be fantastic........I reached the Max level on one sub-location <I truly forget which one at the moment> and there was no third one yet. At this time I have 4 stars on a few sub-locations. The trick here is, while sub-locations only use 20 coins, they also give back much less in experience points. So if I need to get to my required goal faster I will use the main location as I will get 400+ points with that location.....did I make sense? I hope so.....

[Post New]by nautilis123 on Aug 30, 14 12:01 PM
Here is my thought. Once the murder case is solved, more buildings will open up (we have at least 10 unopened) and new crime/quest will begin.

dog2007
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by dog2007 on Aug 31, 14 5:14 PM
I'm only on level 30 something and am just over 50% done

The way I see it this is still a newish game and I think there is still more to be added in future updates (like sublocations) so wait and see what happens

papa_pahs
Minnow
Minnow
289 Posts

[Post New]by papa_pahs on Aug 31, 14 6:09 PM
nautilis123 wrote:Here is my thought. Once the murder case is solved, more buildings will open up (we have at least 10 unopened) and new crime/quest will begin.

that would be delightful! I do hope you're right. If that is what happens, this game could go on forever!

Go to: