mojitomomma
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Interview Questions and Answers ONLY

[Post New]by mojitomomma on Aug 17, 14 9:18 PM
Please only post interview questions and answers here. Use other topics to ask questions. Thanks A big thank you to tonbogale, AlexGordon, jumbuckey, Whitebutterfly, Fishpole, Alceaa, Danie and Valdy for getting this started and sharing.

Name of Detective you work for: Dupin
Name of street where crime happened: Morgue *
Relationship of the second woman to the first: Daughter
Where was the fatal injury: Throat
Where was Camilla's body hidden: Chimney
Brought the Gendarme his baton and what else: Handcuffs
What evidence did you find of the gang of vandals: Cap
What do you use at crimes to keep from leaving prints: Gloves
What has Dupin set up to research evidence: Laboratory I know you found letters from M L'Espanaye's cast-off lover in her apt. What was in them?" Intimdation
Where did the banker lose the safe deposit keys: Laundry
What was found immediately, apart from the murder weapon: Money
Where was the 2nd Safe Deposit Box key found: Crime scene
What helped you find the Cabdriver........Horseshoe
What kind of coins were found at the Crime Scene......Silver
What kind of weapon did the killer use? Razor
According to the postman, one of the men was a Frenchman. What was the second one? Foreigner
So then you decided to investigate the victims' bodies. But you had to get something from the mayor first. What was it? Permission
What other than the murder weapon did you find at the crime scene right away? Money
I've heard our local banker is participating in your investigation. Where did he leave Madame L'Espanaye's safe deposit box key? Laundry
As I understand it, you need two keys to open a safe deposit box. Where did you find the second key? Crime Scene
You found the cab driver who gave a ride to Madam L'Espanaye that terrible day. What clue helped you? Horseshoe
What else did the surgeon use during his examination? Magnifying glass,
When you examined the scene again, what did you find? Red hair
Where did you find the poster with the picture of the criminal ?Gendarmery
Café owner asks you to bring something first: Window glass
What did the criminals leave behind ? Bag
What did you find in the criminal's bag?Silver spoon
Where did the brick lead you to? Mill

Edited on 09/08/2014 at 11:40:32 AM PST

mojitomomma
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:Interview Questions -a big thank you

[Post New]by mojitomomma on Aug 17, 14 9:21 PM
1. I know that a large sum of money -in coins- was found at the crime scene. What kind of coins were they? Silver
2. So, where did the cab driver take Madame L'Espanaye after she visited the bank? Forge
3. Madame L'Espanaye was certainly busy that day! Where did she go after visiting the forge? Atelier
4. Detective, I heard from the seamstress that Madame L'Espanaye met up with another woman. What happened between them? Quarrel
5. You think the woman who Madame L'Espanaye quarreled with was her daughter...What clue did you find in the atelier to make you think this? Raincoat
1. Mademoiselle L'Espanaye was preparing for a very important event in her life. What was it? Wedding
2. People are saying you found a weapon in Mademoiselle L'Espanaye's apartment. What was that? Big Gun
3. I know that you found letters from Mademoiselle L'Espanaye's cast-off lover in her apartment. What was in them? Intimidation
So Léonce Perre did not kill Madame L’Espanaye and her daughter. His alibi was confirmed by a woman who did not want to testify in court because of certain responsibilities. Exactly what kind of responsibilities: marriage
I hear you also found the order to make a large amount of silver goods in the forge. What kind of item was the order for: Candlestick
In the hotel, you found a book about the country where the suspect Léonce Perre wanted to go. What country was it: Argentina
I know you also found some property of Lèonce Perre in the port. What exactly did you find: Chest
I heard that Monsieur Dupin found out where Léonce Perre was hiding. Where did the gendarmes find him: Cemetary (“a” is used instead of an “e”)
My source tells me that you found Madame L’Espanaye’s second purse, but it was empty. Where did you find it: Forge
1. What did you find in the junkman's house while trying to find Mademoiselle L'Espanaye's chaser? Newspaper
2. The person who wrote the threatening letters to Mademoiselle L'Espanaye was killed. Where? War

mojitomomma
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by mojitomomma on Aug 17, 14 9:28 PM
Paris Interview Questions

What animal is the narrowest street in Pairs named after: Cat
French writer hated the Eiffel Tower, but ate there every day:Maupassant **
Paris is widely known as the city of: Light
How did citizens send letters during the siege on Paris: Aerostat ***
What animals were stolen from the Paris Zoo during the siege:Elephants
Which museum is in a former 19th century railway station: d'Orsay
Who's design kept Paris' streets from being chaotic: Haussmann ****
Carre (about French scientist who invented refrigeration)
Plombieres (about ice cream)
Gastronomy (about Berchoux)
I think the answer to the mail delivery question was "aerostat"
Childlessness (Bonaparte's divorce)
White (fashionable colour)
Caleche (large hoop hood)
Muff (winter outwear accessory)
Pineapple (Josephine's bags)
What animal did Napoleon Bonaparte fear most? Cat
Whose skull did Napoleon use to make a cup? Cagliostro
Which military rank did Napoleon Bonaparte earn at 24? General
What title did Napoleon receive at 34? Emperor
Which Frenchman invented the modern flag of Italy? Napoleon
France presented the Statue of Liberty to the United States in honor of which event? Revolution
How many hours a day did Napoleon Bonaparte sleep? Four
What worried Napoleon most about his appearance? Height
What is the famous symbol of France? Rooster
What is the practical use of the gargoyles on Notre Dame de Paris?Drainpipe
"Which artistic district in Paris was formerly considered the quietest that is now one of the most crowded?" and "What is the highest point in Paris?" Funny, they both had the exact same answer: MONTMARTRE
Restoration (of Bourbons. Historical period in France after the reign of Napoleon)
Heels (pieces which weren't included in French women's shoes)
Arch (function of the Eiffel Tower during the 1889 World's Fair)
Cagliostro (his skull Napoleon used to make a cup)
If a man invited a woman to dance more than three times in nineteenth-century France, he had to... Marry her
When Napoleon Bonaparte became the Emperor, which country's newspapers did he forbid his assistant to bring him? France

mojitomomma
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by mojitomomma on Aug 17, 14 9:32 PM
Which woman was consecrated a saint in the nineteenth century?Jeanne D'Arc
What is the name of the writing system invented by a blind Frenchman?Braille
What is the name of the syndrome in which a person feels extreme emotions when viewing paintings? Stendhall
What was considered to be the food of the poor in 19th century France? oysters
When Napoleon occupied the Netherlands, he demanded that every citizen have what? surname
What woman of France had the famous last words: "Pardon me, sir, I meant not to do it?" Antoinette
What was a French kiss called before: tartarian
What is the name of one of the oldest bridges in Paris, built in the 16th century? new bridge
Once French writer Dumas lost a duel and was required to shoot himself. He went to the next room, and a shot was heard. What did Dumas say upon exiting the room alive? I missed
What was built in honor of Napoleon's victories from 1806-1808? Arc de Triomphe
The three lilies on the French Coat of Arms symbolize compassion, justice and what else? mercy
The opening of which place was timed with the completion of the Eiffel Tower? Moulin Rouge
Which famous French writer has the epitaph "I have coveted everything and taken pleasure in nothing"? Maupassant
6. Which pastry is France famous for? Croissant
7. Where was Napoleon born? Corsica
8. What is the surname of the sculptor of the Statue of Liberty?Bartholdi
9. Nicotine was named after this Frenchman, who owned the first tobacco plant? Nicot
10. What jovial day was invented in France and is celebrated in April?Laughter Day
Pascal invention: calculator
5. The official language of which country was French for 300 years?England
6. In which country did the croissant first appear? Austria
7. What was the original name of Paris? Letetia
8. What did the Lumiere Brothers invent in the 19th century?Cinematograph
9. Other than high trees, what did Frenchman Louis-Sebastien Lenormand use to perform the first parachute jump? Umbrellas
10. What did the French Montgolfier brothers invent? Aerostat
1. What did French Eearl Med de Sevrac invent? Kick Scooter
2. What did French physicist Gaston Plante invent? accumulator
3. Which French sauce was invented by chance and lack of other ingredients? Mayonnaise
4. The cult of which food exists in southwest France and Alsace? Foie Gras
5. Which word arose not long before the French Revolution and means to bring into compliance? Restaurant

mojitomomma
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:Interview Questions and Answers ONLY

[Post New]by mojitomomma on Aug 19, 14 8:26 AM
the question i got was what did the surgeon use to help remove blood peroxide

Edited on 08/19/2014 at 8:30:03 AM PST

mojitomomma
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by mojitomomma on Aug 19, 14 8:28 AM
Interviewer: Juliette Dewaere

1. Mademoiselle L'Espanaye was preparing for a very important event in her life. What was it? Wedding
2. People are saying you found a weapon in Mademoiselle L'Espanaye's apartment. What was that? Big Gun
3. I know that you found letters from Mademoiselle L'Espanaye's cast-off lover in her apartment. What was in them? Intimidation

Interviewer: Isabelle Cluzet

4. What did French scientist Blaise Pascal invent? Calculator
5. The official language of which country was French for 300 years? England
6. In which country did the croissant first appear? Austria
7. What was the original name of Paris? Lutetia
8. What did the Lumiere Brothers invent in the 19th century? Cinematograph
9. Other than high trees, what did Frenchman Louis-Sebastien Lenormand use to perform the first parachute jump? Umbrellas
10. What did the French Montgolfier brothers invent? Aerostat

Edited on 08/30/2014 at 11:46:57 AM PST

[Post New]by nautilis123 on Aug 21, 14 11:06 AM
Who performed the examination of the victims' bodies? SURGEON

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Aug 21, 14 12:19 PM
What kind of flower was in the door? STRAWBERRY
Where did you find the criminal? FOREST
What did you use to expose the invisible ink? IRON

frosteen
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by frosteen on Aug 22, 14 12:03 PM
BF please sticky or add to tips/tricks

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Aug 29, 14 12:35 PM
These are the questions and answers provided by danie56:

PARIS QUESTION
in what shape was the ballon that was lifted over paris on the day of Napoleon's coronation in 1804: EAGLE
what animal saved Napoleon's life: DOG
Napoleon had a prophetic nightmare after watching which play: OEDIPUS
which statue did Napoleon bring from Egypt, but lost in the Seine: SETH
France is believed to be the birthplace of which architectural style: BAROQUE
through what building in the capital of France does te Paris meridian run: OBSERVATORY
what material's the Statue of Liberty made from: COPPER

Stormy9
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Stormy9 on Sep 1, 14 2:16 PM
I couldn't find the answer to this one on the forum:

After Leonce Perre was cleared of the crime, you learned that there were two men in Mme. L'Espanaye's apartment on the day of the murder. Who gave you this information? POSTMAN

The next question was something like this:

One of the men was a Frenchman. Who was the other?: FOREIGNER

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Sep 6, 14 4:18 PM
Questions and Answers posted by nautilis123:

[Post New]by nautilis123 on Sep 6, 14 12:37 PM
I just finished Chapter 13. Here are Q&A's I've not seen before:

On which island was Napoleon confined by Englishmen after his defeat? SAINT HELENA
What was the national anthem of France? MARSEILLAISE
What flower is the national symbol of France? FLEUR DE LIS
Which 19th century french woman became the 1st female lecturer at the Sorbonne? MARIE CURIE
Marie Curie the famous french chemist wore a talisman, what was inside it? RADIUM
The pen name of a famous writer was George Sand. Her real name consisted of 4 words. Amantine Aurore Lucile. What was the last word? DUPIN
Which famous french writer of the 19th century is considered to be one of the 1st feminists in history? SAND
Who was the chief mistress to Louis XV? POMPADOUR
A French dove is called a flying what? RAT

Edited on 09/06/2014 at 12:43:11 PM PST

papa_pahs
Minnow
Minnow
289 Posts

[Post New]by papa_pahs on Sep 7, 14 7:24 PM
Here's one I have not seen mentioned yet:

Person who wrote threatening letters is a relative of a well known Paris citizen.
JUNKMAN

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Sep 8, 14 11:40 AM
Hey there,

This is a great resource for all players! I've gone ahead and stickied it, and as more resources are created, we can build a Helpful Links thread for this game

bfgVaiya

basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by basmith12 on Sep 8, 14 4:14 PM
I cannot recall the complete questions, but after finding the NEWSSHEET at the port, I received approx. five questions that I could not find in forums, apologize if I have overlooked but will post in hopes to help someone and save their precious coins from using hints as I did in some of these: Questions are not word for word:
question: After reading newssheet at the port, what evidence did you find to remove Mondy from the suspect list? Answer: PERSONAL DIARY
question: After opening Mondy's diary what did you make to try and cover your tracks to hide that you were snoopy in his personal life? Answer: COPY OF SEAL
question: After clearing Mondy, decided to check out Clyde Dauphin, the politician at the Hunting Club, but first had to get a piece of equipment. What was it? Answer: CAMERA
question: Hear you had to do favor for banker before going to Hunting Club, he had lost something at the hotel the night before and you had to find it. What was it? Answer: GUN
question: When banker got his gun back, he realized that it was unloaded, what did you find in the hotel room to calm him down? Answer: BULLET

I am no good at writing in forums, so I hope this is clear enough for you to get your answers. I love this game and hope everyone else is having great day. Happy gaming and God Bless.

[Post New]by nautilis123 on Sep 9, 14 5:54 AM
Some new Q&A's:
What heavenly alias was King Louis XVI also known by? SUN
At the place robbed by the 2 escaped prisoners, you found a brick wrapped in cloth. Where did that brick lead you? MILL
So you followed the 2 escaped prisoners to the mill. I hear you made a shocking discovery there. What was it? DEAD BODY
When you returned to the mill after finding the body of the escaped prisoner, you found a cloth soaked in blood. What exactly do you thing happened there? FIGHT
The wounded prisoner must have gone to find medical help, so you went to the Doctor's office. Somebody had tried to break the lock but failed. What did they leave on the lock? FLOWER
When Napoleon Bonaparte & Alexander Dumas had a talk about height, Napoleon Bonaparte answered: You are not taller you are, but? [b]LENGTHIER
continued below........

Edited on 09/09/2014 at 6:10:22 AM PST

[Post New]by nautilis123 on Sep 9, 14 6:08 AM
I heard you brought Dupin a book on flower growing so he could determine what type of flower had been put in the keyhole. So what flower was it? STRAWBERRY
Now that you knew what type of flower it was you knew where to look for the escaped prisoner, where did you find him? FOREST
What was the surname of the famous french writer who wrote The Human Comedy? BALZAC
The name of the most famous book of poems of french poet Charles Baudelaire is called the flower of? [b]EVIL

Edited on 09/09/2014 at 6:09:07 AM PST

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Sep 9, 14 6:35 PM
Just moving question and answer submitted by danie56 to this thread:

[Post New]by danie56 on Sep 9, 14 12:28 PM
PARIS QUESTION
what heavenly alias was King Louis XIV alias known by? SUN

basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by basmith12 on Sep 10, 14 7:52 AM
question: In hunting club, you learned a lot about Claude Dauphin, he started his career in the military but where did he earn his fortune? Answer: COLONY

[Post New]by Reese2 on Sep 10, 14 11:22 AM
I don't think I saw these here yet:

Leonce Perre was going to be executed, even though he had not killed anybody. What did Dupin arrange to save his life? Escape

So Dupin hid all evidence of the escape and staged a fire in the prison cell. I heard he used the carcass of an animal to make the guards think that Leonce Perre had died in the fire. What type of animal was it? Pig

Go to: