bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Weather Lord: In Pursuit of the Shaman

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 18, 14 12:29 AM
An earthquake has devastated a once peaceful land and shattered the lives of its natives! The country is now teeming with unpleasant creatures, and an evil shaman is making a bid for absolute power.

Unleash the awesome power of nature as you lead a band of brave warriors across a ruined landscape to defeat the evil shaman! Help the natives by gathering resources and repairing their villages. Complete quests using sunlight, rain, wind, and thunder to replenish crops. Eliminate the enemies and remove obstacles that stand in your way.

With the elements at your fingertips, there will be no stopping you in Weather Lord: In Pursuit of the Shaman!

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

Re:Weather Lord: In Pursuit of the Shaman

[Post New]by ShazPG on Aug 18, 14 12:44 AM
No video on the download page?

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Aug 18, 14 11:17 AM
BFGflounder I am really sorry to have to pass on this really cute game. Cannot believe that our friends at this Developer have not been reading all the many remarks in the forums about a relaxed mode for their TM games. Their competition is getting ahead of them. Think $$$$ from all the gamers that won't buy because of the lack of a relaxed mode. I really wanted it, great graphics, no glitches etc. but when that timer at the top ran out on me the little black cloud appeared over my smiley face and I deleted the game. Even if you can finish the level after the timer runs out ?? it's still up there and ticking in my head.

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Aug 18, 14 1:50 PM
To Penny1942.

I soooo agree with you regarding the relaxed mode on time management games. Some of us would really like to play those games, purchase those games, because they are generally fun and entertaining. However, when that darned clock goes off because you're time is up or you don't get a gold star, etc. when you're OCD like I am, it's more than irritating. That's why I tend to steer clear of TM games. And I'm probably missing a lot of good games because of it.

Thanks for your input. Nice to know there's someone else out there who thinks like me.

Susan

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Aug 18, 14 2:12 PM
You can include me in that group as well! I play these games to relax, difficult to do with a ticking timer alongside of me. I know I can continue after it runs out, it's just the fact that it's there that stresses me out. No relaxed mode = no buy here. I'll just replay the latest Northern Tales instead.

sapphire46
Manatee
Manatee
3,740 Posts

[Post New]by sapphire46 on Aug 18, 14 4:52 PM
Same here....
When will the dev's realise that if we are given the choice of going for gold etc and relaxed, they would sell more games, then get more $$$$. It's not difficult, just think!!
Have a look at the Northern Tales games, they do things right.

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Aug 19, 14 1:38 AM
If you play the first game ( Hidden realm) it is helpful to know what to expect in this game. I have gold on nearly all the levels and there are the odd one that is a real "rush" to get finished in time, but on the whole it is a very good game. This new one would be a buy when they fix the "bug" with the timer.

[Post New]by michthompson on Aug 23, 14 4:44 PM
My game keeps freezing on level 41 -4 times now and I can't finish the level obviously because of it. Am I missing an update somewhere????

badgerfann
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by badgerfann on Aug 26, 14 4:44 AM
I really don't understand the whole "include relaxed mode". The name of this type of game is "time management". Which would imply that you need to manage your time wisely in order to complete the game. Having a mode which doesn't include time does not help improve the management skills. Being able to finish the round without getting gold, silver or bronze should be more than enough to satisfy the "relaxed" portion.

The bigger issue with this game is the timer issue and the gold bar disappearing suddenly.

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Aug 26, 14 6:22 AM
michthompson wrote:My game keeps freezing on level 41 -4 times now and I can't finish the level obviously because of it. Am I missing an update somewhere????

I don't know if this will work for you, but after the same thing happened to me, I uninstalled the game and then shut down and restarted the computer. Then I ran a registry cleanup utility, shut down, and restarted again. Finally I reinstalled the game and from that point on, it worked perfectly. I finished with no problem.

DK

Go to: