ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

NO Tutorial!

[Post New]by ShazPG on Aug 18, 14 1:27 AM
A LITTLE bit of help with what to do might have been nice. ****'s usually pretty good at teaching you the basics, but this game leaves a lot to be desired.

So when you build a house or a sawmill, you can click on it again and have the option to upgrade, if you have enough resources.

It does explain dragging the sun and rain to one thing each to make things happen, but there's no explanation that when you've chopped all the trees, you can drag the raincloud to the stumps and have them regrow, or that if you make the sawmill BEFORE you chop trees, it boosts the amount of wood you collect, or that when you collect all the gold from the mine you can click it again to have someone go and repair the mine to get even more gold.

I had to play level 2 (or 3?) a few times over as I had no idea where the extra gold or wood was to come from to clear the path or repair the houses.

And apparently your warrior loses health when he fights, so you have to click on him from time to time so he runs back home and tops his health up.

I don't even see a HELP button or a Tutorial option in the menu. Guess you're on your own.

Edited on 08/18/2014 at 1:29:42 AM PST

moondances
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

Re:NO Tutorial!

[Post New]by moondances on Aug 18, 14 4:59 AM
It has been a bit since I played the first Weather Lord so I can't be completely sure if it had better instructions, but I believe it did-So, I wonder if the developers think we will remember playing the first game and didn't see a need to include more instructions for this second game-Just thinking out loud =^..^=

lacard
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by lacard on Aug 18, 14 8:16 AM
I've noticed that other developers have done this with sequels. I guess they figure that players follow a game and actually remember how to play. I must say once I got into this I remembered everything so I didn't need a tutorial. But, including an optional tutorial would have encouraged new players.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

NO Tutorial!

[Post New]by _DD_ on Aug 18, 14 11:28 AM
I loaded the game from a different portal and remembered that there was almost too much explanatory help IMO, which I couldn't skip - f.e. it keeps pointing an arrow at the rain cloud when you've emptied your fields, and that for several levels (if it ever stops at all). It also explains every new task in a level.
So, wondering whether there are different versions, I just restarted the game with a new profile -- which is an option to review the help, although I very much agree that a Help thingie in the menu would be much better! -- and just wanted to add that the following things are explained at the start, i.e. when they first appear:

that the sawmill upgrades the wood income,
that you have to click on the warrior to make him go back and get healed.

The explanations don't stay very long on the screen (which I prefer, btw, as I don't have to follow the Tutorial hints/steps now and TOO precisely, if I don't want to).

To re-grow the big wood tree it is enough to hover the mouse above (over?) it. I even found that if you get somehow close to it, the arrow over the cloud appears.
Just to upgrade a house or any building, one has to click on them first, to see the upgrade button (a little up-arrow, not unusual, but yes, not explicitly explained here). The thing I discovered by chance only also - i.e. clicking on everything around then <g> - was how to re-use the gold mine.

A help that might be overlooked when working (too) fast is in the choices for the constructions: At first the bar shows the needed resources (in red, if I don't have enough yet), and when pointing with the mouse at the building, it shows the result (f.e. house: plus 1 worker), and by clicking it will (try to) build it.

I personally was more worried about the timed-only option, and had indeed to replay a few levels for getting the gold star. But reached level 11 in the first run w/o problems re. what to do and how.

One can also chain tasks, btw, as long as you have enough resources for them and the way is not blocked.

As I said, I agree a Help somewhere for reviewing it later (again) would be better, just wanted to add: it's not sooo bad re. its tutorial.

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Aug 19, 14 1:20 AM
moondances wrote:It has been a bit since I played the first Weather Lord so I can't be completely sure if it had better instructions, but I believe it did-So, I wonder if the developers think we will remember playing the first game and didn't see a need to include more instructions for this second game-Just thinking out loud =^..^=

That would be okay if you assumed that everyone who downloaded this game had played the first one. I didn't even know there WAS a previous one.

dopey1305
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by dopey1305 on Aug 19, 14 6:43 AM
I am having no trouble with this game guys! Make sure the hints button is on in your options and it tells you everything you need. You also have to keep collecting resources to double and triple in the forge, mill, and sawmill so keep doing that. If you build any building, just click on it to upgrade with the little arrow at the top and when you have to build something to replace a building, just click the little x. And the click ahead makes it ever so much easier, especially if you have 2 extra workers from an upgraded house. First time I used my warrior it said click on him to go back and heal so I did and he came right back out with full health. So far, so good! Am definitely buying it and only played 1/2 hour. Already at level 6+! Hope this helps for those who don't see the hints.

zara137
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by zara137 on Nov 24, 14 8:25 AM
I'm not having a problem playing since I played the first two. But I am having a problem reaching gold. Wish there was a walkthrough.

Go to: