KaveBB
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Energy Crisis

[Post New]by KaveBB on Aug 18, 14 4:51 AM
I am having fits. For the most part, I like this game. The big turnoff is how quickly my energy runs out. My amulets are wasted because I can't even last long enough to use up a 30 minute one. Apparently I am doing something wrong because I don't see many people having this problem in the forum. Can anyone help me? This problem is making the game frustrating enough to quit and be sorry I paid for it before I "tried" it. I thought, perhaps, I may have messed up at the beginning, when I was still learning, by spending my crystals on relatively unimportant things. I thought I could fix that by just starting over, but it seems I am doomed, as I can find no way to start over.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Energy Crisis

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 18, 14 5:43 AM
Hello KaveBB

Don't panic. You always use up energy quickly, and not just in the beginning, because the higher you get in the hidden object scenes, the more they cost. So you always end up using a lot of energy, and not lasting long in the game.

It's designed that way, to make you buy more food to be used for energy. The developers are looking for ways to make you pay real money, so they design the games in such a way that they become very addictive, which makes you impatient, which makes you use real money so you can buy loads of stuff to continue.

I only play once a day in the morning. Sometimes I play also in the evening. And in between there are other games to be played.

I am sure all this doesn't help you, just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.

KaveBB
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by KaveBB on Aug 18, 14 6:34 AM
Thanks, Valdy! Playing a little in the morning and night is what I have been doing. I'll continue to trudge on in this game, but won't buy anymore. I'm not about to dump a bunch of real money into a video/computer game.

judithg315
Herring
Herring
371 Posts

[Post New]by judithg315 on Aug 19, 14 2:24 PM
I think the short playing time, the cost of energy and the rapid increase in cost to play the hidden object scenes will be detrimental to the success of this game.

I also only play in the morning and for a short while in the evening.

I think the least they could do is occasionally reward us with a cup of coffee or a croissant! A chocolate cake would be really good! I have received some as my daily bonus but usually it is another amulet.

I know they want us to spend real money but that should come later in the game after they have you a really hooked! To have it up front is just going to discourage players and they will quit. I will keep playing, hoping the next update will improve playing time.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Aug 19, 14 3:15 PM
KaveBB, one thing you could do is use an amulet to increase gold and/or points. It does help to move the level along a little faster. Also when you need a cage, or sarcophagus, or straight jacket to catch the bad guys, do not buy them. Just click on the quest and what you need will pop up in one of the HO scenes.

Other than buying more energy with coins and/or diamonds, Valdy is right. Until you build up some resources, just play until your energy runs out, then return the next day. It really is a terrific game with the quests, collections, newspaper interview questions and multiple scenes in each HO location.

Good luck!

Fishpole
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Fishpole on Aug 20, 14 3:24 AM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:KaveBB, one thing you could do is use an amulet to increase gold and/or points. It does help to move the level along a little faster. Also when you need a cage, or sarcophagus, or straight jacket to catch the bad guys, do not buy them. Just click on the quest and what you need will pop up in one of the HO scenes.

Other than buying more energy with coins and/or diamonds, Valdy is right. Until you build up some resources, just play until your energy runs out, then return the next day. It really is a terrific game with the quests, collections, newspaper interview questions and multiple scenes in each HO location.

Good luck!

Excellent advice Whitebutterfly.....it really is the only way to play this game stress free.

I know that I am enjoying it by just going in once or twice a day. In the morning and again in the evening. I'll use an 'Amulet' to give me more money or experience or 'help' finding an item and when the time runs out and my 'energy' runs out then that is it for the time!

I'll do a couple of the 'Interviews' and then close it out until the next day.

KaveBB
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by KaveBB on Aug 20, 14 6:09 AM
Thanks for all of your input. I guess I'll just have to resign myself to playing for only 15 min. maybe 2x per day. It's frustrating to waste the 30 min or 1 hour amulets when my energy doesn't last that long. And, seriously, 5000 gold for a newspaper article??? Really??? It takes forever to earn that much $. Sigh, I hope the devs send an update with a little more grace soon. Happy hunting, everyone!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 20, 14 6:42 AM
Although it costs you $4.999 for each interview, when you have reached 5 stars and are done with an interview, you get 50 !! Diamonds as a reward.

KaveBB
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by KaveBB on Aug 20, 14 7:28 AM
I was so excited when I got my reward after the first interview, but when I went to use the diamonds and gold ... poof! they disappeared. I was left with the same amount I had before. Don't know what that was about, but it was disappointing. I was all set to buy stuff. I'll try again. It may take a couple of weeks to save up the gold, though.

Ferg_Frk
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Ferg_Frk on Aug 20, 14 8:30 AM
5k gold disappearing sounds like it should be filed as a technical problem. Second or third topic should be technical issues, IIRC.

No promises, but they may well refund the missing reward.

Best of luck!
Ferg

KaveBB
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by KaveBB on Aug 20, 14 11:00 AM
Thanks, Ferg Frk. I never thought to bring it up to tech. I'll try that.

Edited on 08/20/2014 at 11:00:18 AM PST

Go to: