bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

New build coming for The Legend of Crystal Valley

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Apr 2, 09 10:41 AM
Hello everyone. Since the launch of The Legend of Crystal Valley this morning, we have noticed a few tickets come into our Customer Support crew stating that people are receiving the following error message when attempting to run the game...

LOCV.EXE HAS ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR AND NEEDS TO CLOSE

Thus far, we have seen a pattern of customers running Microsoft Windows XP and a Intel 82845G Integrated Graphics Card as being those affected by this issue.

In light of this, we have already begun the process of obtaining a new build of the game that will correct this issue. In the meantime, there is a workaround that should allow users affected to play the game. Here are the workaround steps:

1. Update your computer to the newest version Microsoft's DirectX

2. Navigate to game's program files (which may be in different locations depending on if you run Windows XP or Vista)

3. Find and launch locv_recovery.exe

4. Select Direct3D9 Renderinf Subsytem from dropdown

After you have performed these steps, you should be able to run the game. If in fact this does not help you, then I would recommend that you contact our Customer Support staff. They are very well trained in assisting with technical questions and concerns. You can contact them by clicking here.

Thank you for visiting the forums!

Edited on 04/02/2009 at 10:41:49 AM PST

maabea9116
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Re:New build coming for The Legend of Crystal Valley

[Post New]by maabea9116 on Apr 2, 09 1:42 PM
As I have purchased the game I look forward to getting the new build as I have the exact same problem as described.
A couple of us heard of the work around solution this morning and it worked for me up to a point.
Immediately after the opening video ends as the daughter walks to the graveyard gate it automatically closes the game and the Big Fish Game Console pops up thanking me for playing (but it never goes farther than the opening video etc.)
I have contacted customer service and sent a Dr. Felix report so hopefully they will be able to help me, or the new build will.
Thanks as always Big Fish for being prompt and working so hard to help us out.

bailey10
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by bailey10 on Apr 2, 09 2:10 PM
Yes, I too am having the exact same problem..

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Apr 2, 09 5:04 PM
Just to let you know you are not alone, I too am having the same problem. I followed directions and it did get the game to run, but with me too, only until she leaves the graveyard.
Looking forward to the new build. It looks like an Adventure game I may be able to enjoy.

[Post New]by terse3 on Apr 3, 09 5:37 AM
I am having the same problem with the locv error I can't find the games program files on windows xp

kathyph
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by kathyph on Apr 3, 09 3:00 PM
thanks for the help but I can't figure out how to find and launch locv_recovery.exe. I can find the program in "my programs" but don't know what to do next. I did a "search" for the file and came up empty. Any ideas? Kathy

Bobswife80
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Bobswife80 on Apr 3, 09 3:03 PM
terse 3

I also have XP Click on start then search click on files and folders and type in second block down locv_recovery. and in drop down box should say Local Hard Drive C then click search. Takes a while good luck. With my Xp didn't work got her coming out of graveyard thats it.

[Post New]by terse3 on Apr 3, 09 3:27 PM
BoB

Thank you for your help.. That was driving me crazy... have a good day

kathyph
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by kathyph on Apr 3, 09 7:47 PM
thanks; I'll give it a try, Kathy

seahoney
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by seahoney on Apr 3, 09 9:28 PM
Bobswife80 wrote:terse 3

I also have XP Click on start then search click on files and folders and type in second block down locv_recovery. and in drop down box should say Local Hard Drive C then click search. Takes a while good luck. With my Xp didn't work got her coming out of graveyard thats it.

Same here, Bobswife mine stopped there as well. Now I'm just hanging in there waiting for the new version

Prima2339
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Prima2339 on Apr 4, 09 12:48 AM
Well I'm somewhat relieved to find that everyone elses game is also stopping at the end of the graveyard scene. "Your father Ian" is the last thing I see or hear before mine shuts down. I thought it was just my PC!
Thanx For Forums!

Too bad, I was really looking forward to this one, because I love the large file games with intricate puzzles to solve!

tlovplay
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by tlovplay on Apr 4, 09 5:39 AM
when will rebuild be out. truely looking forward to playing this one

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Apr 5, 09 12:37 AM
they say soon! I guess this week.

barb567
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by barb567 on Apr 5, 09 5:03 AM
thank god i'm not alone. had the same problem. wrote to bfg and got a quick response. i'm very hopeful they will work it out.really wanted to play this game.they are going to see if they can resolve it and gave me a coupon. i love this game site. only once and a great while to i venture any where else.

barb567
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by barb567 on Apr 5, 09 5:40 AM
i did what they said. did the search and all.but it shut down while she walked out of the cemetary.no game play what so ever. i'll just wait and see if the new build works.

[Post New]by dancingranni2007 on Apr 5, 09 7:18 PM
Who will announce the "fix" BF or do we have to watch for it in the forums? Thx Dancigranni2007

maabea9116
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by maabea9116 on Apr 6, 09 7:13 AM
Same question here Dancing.
I bought the game, did the switcheroo thingy they suggested and still it ends after the opening video at the graveyard gate.
Since I bought it I am sooo looking forward to playing it.
I guess I'll keep checking in here.

arrington1
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by arrington1 on Apr 6, 09 6:13 PM
Ateast I got as far as the magic forest. The locv_recovery.exe says it also stopped working so no help there. As you I bought it and am waiting to play

marypenn
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by marypenn on Apr 8, 09 4:53 AM
Is the build in yet?
Will it fix the cursor being in the wrong place? (e.g.: no blue cursor to move out of the dining room). In the demo, everything worked okay. Started a new game when I bought the game and have tried downloading several times. I have had problems with the cursor quite a few times.
I can't sign in. Does this cause the problem?
Help!!!!!!!! I loved the demo.

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on Apr 8, 09 4:56 AM
Found the same as the rest of you - it runs fine until she leaves the graveyard then closes down. Think I will wait until the new build is in rather than follow those complicated instructions!

Go to: