Warlock game not available for purchase

[Post New]by mom04gram06 on Aug 18, 14 11:47 PM
I tried to purchase this game today and there is no BUY button. I looked in all locations I could figure to find a way to buy this game and all were dead ends, also got a message that this game does not exist???? I would appreciate any input to resolve this situation.

Re:Warlock game not available for purchase

[Post New]by garden_lover on Aug 19, 14 1:52 AM
I also was looking to purchase this game and had the problem of only given the option to download the trial. It is also not listed ANYWHERE on the hidden object game page. Sooo why is it that others before me have purchased but ....?

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 19, 14 7:27 AM
There have been some glitches with this game and enough people complained that the dev released a patched version. Unfortunately, many people are saying that the patched version is glitchier than the original. So, my guess is that BFG is putting new sales of the game on hold until they get it sorted out with the devs. Since they haven't pulled the game page altogether, I'm guessing they're still trying for a fix.

I didn't have any problems with either version, so I can't speak from experience, though some of the things people have complained about as game errors I remember being stuck with too. However, in my case, I just hadn't found what I should do next. Once I found something to do, I was on my way again.

It's really too bad, because I thought this was a pretty good game with an unusual plot and I enjoyed it.

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Aug 19, 14 5:52 PM
I just noticed that BF has only a 'Play Now' tab too. I bought the Warlock game when it was first released & since I had no problems with the original game I won't download the newer version as so many people are complaining it's worse

K

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 19, 14 7:50 PM
The new one seems to work if you start with a new profile. I played the updated version beginning to end and had no issues at all, but I did start a new profile when I installed it.

[Post New]by mom04gram06 on Aug 19, 14 9:49 PM
Thanks to all that replied... I suspected BF pulled this game since they pulled a previous one a few months ago to get it fixed and re-released. I was hoping that was the reason for the NO BUY button. I guess I will just wait since I enjoyed what I played and look forward to a release of a glitch free game.

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Aug 21, 14 2:33 PM

"Warlock: The Curse of the Shaman"
was pulled to address complications.
(hopefully I've not just crossed a Taboo,
if so, please pull)

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 21, 14 6:46 PM
At least there's still a button for the trial version. That means they haven't completely given up on it.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Aug 25, 14 12:43 AM
Sigh. I had decided to buy the game too, only to be confused by it's 'non-availability'!

Ah well, guess I'll be saving my money for another game, lol.

Jen

Lazeedragon
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Lazeedragon on Aug 26, 14 4:47 PM
i took a break from BF and decided to replay games i have i just finished replaying a wizards curse and was looking to see if a sequel was available and this game popped up after i did a search...downloading it now. if it is as good as i have been reading i hope they fix it soon

mai66
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by mai66 on Aug 29, 14 12:30 AM
Uninstalled the game, to reinstall this morning, cause I had the glitches after update. But now I can´t download the game, this option is gone.
Did I just lost a game I bought, or can I hope that the game, with no glitches, will be downloadable in near future???

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 29, 14 3:58 PM
mai66 wrote:Uninstalled the game, to reinstall this morning, cause I had the glitches after update. But now I can´t download the game, this option is gone.
Did I just lost a game I bought, or can I hope that the game, with no glitches, will be downloadable in near future???

You should be able to reinstall it from your purchase history, either in the BFG Game Manager or from the BFG website.

Go to: