Please post your TECH ISSUES for Alice: Behind the Mirror here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Aug 19, 14 12:34 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 08/19/2014 at 5:35:59 AM PST

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Alice: Behind the Mirror here

[Post New]by pixiegal64 on Aug 19, 14 4:45 AM
I received the net. now it has dissappered. How can i get it back. without it i carnt go on.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Aug 19, 14 5:35 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

janey1806
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by janey1806 on Aug 19, 14 9:59 AM
Hi, the game downloaded but when I pressed play it came up with error 126, just like Les Misearables did last week. What is going on with these games?

[Post New]by AverageSizeFish on Aug 19, 14 10:59 AM
pixiegal64 wrote:I received the net. now it has dissappered. How can i get it back. without it i carnt go on.
This isn't a tech issue per se. When you enter the swamp next to where you got the net the net will disappear and you get a mini-game where you need to just click your cursor on the bugs flying around to "catch" them. Hope that helps.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Aug 19, 14 11:23 AM
Not a game problem, just that when I click on "Find help in the forum"
on the Game App, it takes me to Home Page of site instead.

Second game recently that does this and it is annoying.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Aug 19, 14 3:01 PM
I had high hopes for this game as I occasionally enjoy games with a storybook theme. But after entering a profile and playing through a hidden object scene, I then unlocked a cupboard and the game locked up on me. Had to use CTRL/ALT/DELETE to exit it.

What I DON'T need is a game with tech issues, so I'm passing on this one.

For those fishies who have no technical issues when they play it, happy gaming!

Classicaljazz

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Aug 19, 14 3:20 PM
The options are a joke.Music On or Off, Sound On or Off and can't change the curser! My curser just wanders around so no buy for me not even with a CC.

TinkerOne
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by TinkerOne on Aug 19, 14 4:16 PM
Will not download at all...will try again later because it looks like a cute, little game.

virginiabreeze
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by virginiabreeze on Aug 19, 14 5:13 PM
Am unable to download game, when I attempt to download, will only bring up new version of Game Manager.

wyebank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by wyebank on Aug 20, 14 7:19 AM
Took 3 attempts to download and now just comes up with error.. Shame as it looked interesting.

Petsitterkathy
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by Petsitterkathy on Aug 20, 14 7:50 AM
error 126
I got the same error message. Something about a corrupt dll ( whatever that is) and error 126
Did anybody get any answers about this issue ?

[Post New]by AverageSizeFish on Aug 20, 14 11:19 AM
Petsitterkathy wrote:error 126
I got the same error message. Something about a corrupt dll ( whatever that is) and error 126
Did anybody get any answers about this issue ?

Installing DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer should fix the problem. I got it from Microsoft here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

[Post New]by tinyshark on Aug 20, 14 4:56 PM
I also had to exit this game by pressing control, alt, delete after I got the red paint from the cupboard. It let me select it and put it on the red door, but after that, it disappeared and nothing I clicked on would work. Not the hint, not the menu - nothing. I probably would have purchased this game, but I ended up deleting it from my computer during the trial since I went in and tried it 3 more times, where it did the same thing. I give up

DUZE
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by DUZE on Aug 22, 14 5:35 AM
When i press play it say corrupt wrong version etc etc etc

KeysPirate
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by KeysPirate on Aug 22, 14 9:55 AM
The download and install worked, but I was forced to install DirectX. No BigFish game that I've played has ever required this. It took a while, and installed updates from as far back as 2005. I thought that was rather strange. Can anyone tell me (in basic terms) what DirectX is needed for, and why this particular game requires it? Should I be concerned about having it on my computer?

Thanks.

kikae1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by kikae1 on Aug 23, 14 6:17 AM
I downloaded the trial version and liked it. Bought it and now it will not download the purchased version. I have uninstalled it and tried again, still nothing. Getting very frustrated. Does anyone know what to do to fix it. I have DirectX already and have updated Java.

lstacyww
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by lstacyww on Aug 23, 14 10:42 AM
I have the same issue that others have discussed, game will not play, missing dll, tried downloading Direct X, failed and computer says incompatible file. I am on Windows 88 and really want to play the game but can't figure out what else I should do.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Aug 24, 14 1:12 PM
It seemed to download fine the first time. I started playing and then the hint button stopped its inane flashing and I realized I had no hint button. I also had no menu. I had to shut down my computer.

I tried coming back. I ended up at the paint can puzzle (which I had already completed). There were empty shelves with no paint cans, the skip button was halfway filled and that is where it stayed, and I could not access the hint button. Or the menu.

I shut down my computer and came back, uninstalled the game and installed it again.

I ended up with no hint button, no menu, no inventory but lots of music. And this time I not only had to shut down my computer - I was kicked out of BF.

Then the error messages started and I gave up.

Too many problems, BF. You just lost another sale.

And I WANTED to like this game!!

[Post New]by angeluv666 on Aug 27, 14 11:01 AM
I, unfortunately bought this game without trying it out first, should have known better. I'm allowed to play the very first hidden object scene, but when I click on the key to open the cabinet, it freezes and locks me out. I have the latest version of Direct X, and am working on Windows 8.1

Go to: