MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

Did ANYONE who installed the "update" have a game that worked?

[Post New]by MissAbby on Aug 19, 14 7:45 AM
Just out of curiosity I was wondering if anyone's game worked after they installed the update. I installed it and it totally messed up my game. I also notified CS with the required Dr. F report. (Yes, I know it's not our computers but we gotta follow the protocol to get some results). This is ridiculous! Mods? BFG's? Anyone noticing the problem here?

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

Re:Did ANYONE who installed the "update" have a game that worked?

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 19, 14 8:54 AM
My game worked fine both before and after the update. I only played a little of it before the update and just restarted my character after the update, since I hadn't gotten very far. So, I don't know if I would have had the clipper/mermaid problem or not.

Many of the other problems that I see people complaining about here as glitches sound more like they're just stuck and haven't figure out what to do next, than true game errors. I remember being stuck in many of the same spots, until I finally found something new to do and got going again. Unfortunately, I don't remember what I did to get me unstuck in those spots, so I can't really help anyone with it.

Obviously, the pixelated screen is a graphics problem, though. I don't know if updating Flash, Java, DirectX and graphics card drivers would help or not, but it's worth a try.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Aug 19, 14 10:10 AM
My game worked fine BEFORE the update. I am not stuck and most of the problems people are having are graphics problems AFTER the update. My Flash, Java, DirectX and graphics card drivers have all been updated. I'm happy that it worked for you but it didn't for dozens of others. Thanks for replying though!

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Aug 19, 14 10:36 AM
Hi Burf! Ok...I don't know why I didn't think of starting over with a new character, except that I was half-way through the game and too lazy to start again! I just did that and so far, about 20 minutes into it the game is working fine!!! I'm so glad you posted!

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Aug 19, 14 3:32 PM
I started the game over w/ a new name and it all worked perfectly. Thank goodness, it was wearing me thin, literally. I finished the second game. I also started in the "easy" position this time. Maybe that is why it worked. Good luck fishes.

[Post New]by svienna1 on Aug 19, 14 6:00 PM
Nope. Mine is ALL jacked up now!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 19, 14 7:34 PM
svienna1 wrote:Nope. Mine is ALL jacked up now!

Try creating a new character to play and start the game again. You'll know quickly if the game will work correctly with your new character.

With what MissAbby posted, it appears that, as with the game-breaking error in Mysteries and Nightmares: Morgiana, the game error actually corrupts your saved game file(s) when it occurs. So your old character will never work, update or not. Unfortunately, that only leaves starting over to play error-free.

The devs really should have asked BFG to let players know that when they posted about the updated version. It would have saved a lot of players much aggravation. While no one really wants to start over, it's better than not being able to play at all.

**edited for typos**

Edited on 08/26/2014 at 7:39:58 AM PST

[Post New]by vell12 on Aug 25, 14 11:57 PM
yes, i updated and came back in with a new name, now all is fine. thanks for the tip.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 26, 14 7:37 AM
You're welcome! I wish the mods would add that to the update thread. I PM'd one of them asking them add the part about starting a new game, but I haven't heard anything back from them and they haven't changed that post. If it wasn't locked, I'd just add it there myself.

DebbieAnnie
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by DebbieAnnie on Aug 27, 14 12:16 AM
Yes, I did.....I got screwed up when I picked up something I shouldn't have....so, then I learned that we needed to update...I did...then, I just started over with new name....the game played perfectly...however, I when I heard of all the problems, I changed back to my first name and it was really bad, whereas it was just fine when I was playing....very weird....I'm just so happy I got to play a good game.....BFG will make it right as far as money....they have issued me codes for a new game in the past....so, I'm sure they will do it now too...

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Aug 30, 14 7:01 PM
Thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions I never play a game over so was reluctant to start with a new profile. However, I must admit, since the game works so well now, it is like playing a whole new game. Have a great long weekend you-all.

Go to: